• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 remake The Mercenaries mode launches 7th April, Capcom has announced

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

resi-4-remake_cJgQOsd.jpg

Resident Evil 4 remake's The Mercenaries mode launches 7th April, Capcom has announced.

The release date for the free DLC was revealed as part of the Resident Evil 4 remake launch trailer.

simpatico

Sounds like it should line up well with when I'll be finished with the campaign. Game is chock full of value.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Quicker than I expected.

Hopefully that means we get the eventual Separate Ways campaign DLC by the end of Summer ?

Luipadre

so the next patch is probably on that day too. I played 2 chapters and ditched the game on PS5 until they patch it, because of the various tech issues.

RE4 and 5 were always two games that are very much alike, so let's see if a remake of 5 gets ignored like the original did. 😌

You know it's coming eventually. But if you like 4, 5 should be considered the game's baby brother. You know?

They are not really that much different. In fact, 5 has a better plot than 4, since it involved Wesker wanting payback and world domination. 4 was really more like a side story, in a way. It wasn't, of course. But you probably know what I mean.

Inspector Q

RE4 and 5 were always two games that are very much alike, so let's see if a remake of 5 gets ignored like the original did. 😌

You know it's coming eventually. But if you like 4, 5 should be considered the game's baby brother. You know?

They are not really that much different. In fact, 5 has a better plot than 4, since it involved Wesker wanting payback and world domination. 4 was really more like a side story, in a way. It wasn't, of course. But you probably know what I mean.
My issue with 5 is the forced co-op (AI or Human). Having a gun-toting companion with you the entire time ruins the atmosphere. At least for me.

Now if Capcom were to use this RE4 Remake as a template for a potential RE5 Remake and just gave Chris and Sheva their own separate campaigns....then I would be very interested. But I assume fans of RE5 would WANT the co-op intact?

I mean, I would play it regardless, but RE5 is near the bottom of my RE list whereas RE4 is near the top. And it's mostly due to the forced co-op.

So yeah, I don't want to come off saying RE5 is trash or anything, but the reason it landed so different for me is the presence of a fully equipped ally helping you the entire time. Completely changes the game for me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Survival is just the beginning. Survival horror reimagined for 2023. Available now for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. The Mercenaries for Resident Evil 4 is now available as an additional mode for free for all owners.

Eimran

Looking up gameplay now. Looks awesome as hell. Everyday they improve this game.

Krauser looks sick. Don't see any wesker or water world tho. I need that thrust punch and super dr Salvador.

Puscifer

Looking up gameplay now. Looks awesome as hell. Everyday they improve this game.

Krauser looks sick. Don't see any wesker or water world tho. I need that thrust punch and super dr Salvador.

Gives you an idea, they used the leftover files to create it.

Last edited:

thatJohann

can’t seem to find the download link for mercenaries ps5 dlc.

Also still no patch to fix the issues…

Edit. Patches are out. Apparently they downgraded Xbox graphics and fixed the control dead zones.

PS5 apparently looks the same?

Last edited:

Needlecrash

can’t seem to find the download link for mercenaries ps5 dlc.

Also still no patch to fix the issues…

Edit. Patches are out. Apparently they downgraded Xbox graphics and fixed the control dead zones.

PS5 apparently looks the same?
I wasn't aware that there were patches out.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound cynical, but Capcom has been a fly-by-night company for literally going on years now. And I think it's going to be sad for all RE fans once every plot aspect in the franchise up to now, later gets deliberately retconned.

In fact, I don't think Capcom even wants you to remember much about the old games any more, if they think Jill was infected by Wesker at first, and not because of Nemesis.

Top Bottom