• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
HAPPAY FRIDAY MUTHAFUDGERS 🤠
Val Kilmer Film GIF

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Slept in till early afternoon.

Had the craziest dreams.

Did a lot of housekeeping so I'll wake up tomorrow feeling good.

22:22:22 22:22:22 please tell me this works for you

You're a legend Skip. I'm not in a good place atm and that really helps me.

Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT FWIW.

Not only you but all of you coming here and being awesome.

It's always Friday on Gaf :messenger_sunglasses:

Sorry about last night; mention Radiohead and I'm sure to go to far sharing. My apologies.

Hope all of GAF has a good evening despite all the shit life is throwing at us.

badblue

Gold Member
The vet called.

Manny is doing alright. Kidney function is good and they are flushing his system with IV. Just waiting to see if treatment works. He had a lot of food and a massive hairball when they made him vomit last night, so that works in his favor as that may have absorbed whatever it is in Lilies that's toxic for cats. Hopefully he'll be ok if he makes it to Monday morning.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys.

Unfortunately for me, this situation is reminiscent of when my last cat Barry died last year.

I'm going to have some CBD and a nap. I had trouble sleeping last night without the orange hair ball restricting my position.

He/she's beautiful. What age? 💗
He's 5.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Not only you but all of you coming here and being awesome.

Sorry about last night; mention Radiohead and I'm sure to go to far sharing. My apologies.

Hope all of GAF has a good evening despite all the shit life is throwing at us.
It's all good, no need to apologise man!

I had to eat a massive shit sandwich yesterday. Whilst feeling worse for ware after getting rat arsed on Friday my wife said we should go for a stroll in the countryside. It was not bad, cleared my head

driving home I came upon a flooded side road, my cars been through deeper, no problem. Three quaters of the way through BAM, engine lock. Put on the wellies, pushed it out..

Open the hood, water in the air filter, water in the engine block, water fucking everywhere! Utterly screwed it.

Six hour wait for recovery waiting down a dark country road in freezing temps. I've now got to strip an engine on the side of the road. No garages open as the UK turns off on Sundays..

I was sitting there watching lowered BMW's go through the same fucking puddle!

You just have to laugh

SDxUOiA.gif

John Marston

This song makes me wanna time travel back to the 70's, rob a bank and jump in my getaway car driven by Cleo where we speed away to our Hideout and proceed to make sweet love.
Cleo is a bodacious black Goddess with a crazy afro.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Whole office just got laid off today. Wasn't unexpected, as the news had been there for the last month, but still hurts. Dedicated 14 years of my life to that place, only to get unceremoniously booted when they realized outsourcing was cheaper that keeping a dedicated, trained in-house department.

I was in my late 20s when I got here. Now I'm a 41 year old college dropout with two kids and I feel the weight of the world.

So it's only appropriate

Krathoon

Gold Member
I always get some jerkface on Penny Arcade going, "Oh, the grey game key market is bad. Only use Green Man Gaming.".

The key market is fine. Nothing wrong with getting a cheap game key.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Whole office just got laid off today. Wasn't unexpected, as the news had been there for the last month, but still hurts. Dedicated 14 years of my life to that place, only to get unceremoniously booted when they realized outsourcing was cheaper that keeping a dedicated, trained in-house department.

I was in my late 20s when I got here. Now I'm a 41 year old college dropout with two kids and I feel the weight of the world.

So it's only appropriate

That is terrible. Did they at least give severance?

John Marston

Now I just need to sell myself on various street corners to pay for the vet bill.
When my labrador was a puppy he broke a leg doing a weird jump trying to catch a ball.
It was around 11 PM and we went to a 24hrs vet.
As soon as we stepped in the door I whipped out my Visa card & the doctor + 2 of her assistants were all over my dog.

Meanwhile in my province we get people dying waiting for an ambulance that takes 40 minutes to reach them 😆

Money talks baby!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's all good, no need to apologise man!

I had to eat a massive shit sandwich yesterday. Whilst feeling worse for ware after getting rat arsed on Friday my wife said we should go for a stroll in the countryside. It was not bad, cleared my head

driving home I came upon a flooded side road, my cars been through deeper, no problem. Three quaters of the way through BAM, engine lock. Put on the wellies, pushed it out..

Open the hood, water in the air filter, water in the engine block, water fucking everywhere! Utterly screwed it.

Six hour wait for recovery waiting down a dark country road in freezing temps. I've now got to strip an engine on the side of the road. No garages open as the UK turns off on Sundays..

I was sitting there watching lowered BMW's go through the same fucking puddle!

You just have to laugh

SDxUOiA.gif

FFS what a downer. No pun intended. Next time don't be so risky Morris!

I remember listening to this on a loop while high on shrooms 😄

You should refer to that night as the "mildy yet annoying monotone evening"

Damn, I was hooked on that for the C64. I couldnt handle it on shrooms though.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I played the sewer poison frogs part in DSRE on shrooms. Wasn't that nice in retrospect.

Love The Smashing Pumpkins

Was heavily into the SP. Delivering morning papers switching between them and the dead kennedys.

That song is all I still enjoy.

So it's only appropriate

Sorry to hear.... Hope things work out well mate.

Manny is home. He's going to need a trip or two to the vet for follow up blood work this week just to make sure he'll be ok.

Now I just need to sell myself on various street corners to pay for the vet bill.

Awesome. Great news Dad. Been through quite the similar process last month. Tumor. 15yrs. I just can't. She's alive though thank the Gods.

When my labrador was a puppy he broke a leg doing a weird jump trying to catch a ball.
It was around 11 PM and we went to a 24hrs vet.
As soon as we stepped in the door I whipped out my Visa card & the doctor + 2 of her assistants were all over my dog.

Meanwhile in my province we get people dying waiting for an ambulance that takes 40 minutes to reach them 😆

Money talks baby!

Sounds like a great society doesn't it (in general)

Top Bottom