• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

mau yuki wa, hoshi no kakera

I imagine, I'll have that song stuck in my head for a while.

Star Driver is still in the top 5 of all mecha anime. And the OST is very definitive especially the chara songs.

Well, this bodes well.

Revolutionary Boy Takuto 2

017293khpao.jpg
017269aiprq.jpg
017285v2qfg.jpg

It's aaaaaa .... stock footage bonanza !

Well at least the fight proper lived up to what i was promised in terms of animation prowess. Though I do hope future duels of the week (how far have I fallen) peeps will give our Galactic Pretty Boy more trouble than had hitherto been the case. Good animation can only take you so far ...

I'm not really sure if I'll be able to withstood the silliness of the story and of the villains but so far it's manageable. And really like the mecha designs so far. From what little I've seen beforehand, they struck me as ridiculous and something I'd have to just learn to cope with but when I saw them in motion and more detail, I instantly warmed up to them. Too bad they are marred by those disgusting CG clouds of the duelling arena.

Rainy

Banned
Kiznaiver 11

hCYcWqa.png

I really liked this scene.

This episode was pretty good. I liked that we are seeing Katsuhira making more strides in development as the series comes to a close; likewise for Chidori, who finally realized how selfish she was being.

The second half of the episode was kinda cheesy with the whole
"oh we feel pain because we're friends now!"
thing but I didn't think it was too bad. I kind of had a feeling Sonozaki would
do something crazy like what happened at the end of the episode. I doubt she'll stay in that villain role for long though.

Can't wait for the finale!

Yeah, it just lost all it's tension when it just suddenly dropped the Musashi storyline and also transitioned to full moe. I'm still okay with the show, but you know what? It feels like Mass Effect 3, where the whole game is telling you that the galaxy is about to be destroyed but you keep getting missions where you have to help some NPC find a piece of junk by scanning a planet or one of your party members deal with their daddy issues.

Yeah that's Haifuri, I'm hoping this episode was a moe dump so we can have one last blowout fight next episode. Kind of disappointed they decided not to animate what an LCS hit by a 460mm shell would look like but I suppose that's one of those A-Team situations where everyone bobbing about merely looking dazed would seem just a little too pat. I wonder what class of ship the principal will be captaining next week?

I feel that these are words spoken by people who like bombastic giant robot crowd pleasers but who don't actually like Imaishi's overall work in general.

To like Imaishi's work in general, you have to have a strong liking for brutally crude humor. TTGL doesn't emphasize that as much as most of Imaishi's other works do, which is why it has a broader appeal.

My main criticism of the movie is that it recycles the save the community center plot and does the bare minimum for the mother plot. Any other reason to have a big tank battle would have been better than the one they came up with.

Sure, that's my main criticism as well. Taking back the school salvation and putting it in jeopardy again for no real reason is silly, and it leads to extended downtime which isn't a strong point. Still, the flashback sequence I mentioned and the typically Mizushima black humor of Boko help justify that downtime.

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal and i like it a lot. I think it flows a lot better than the original series. Why does it get hate?

Eumi

Are people misunderstanding the
pain sharing post experiment
part of Kiznaiver or are y'all heartless bastards? Cause if one of my friends was going through what Katsuhira's going through I'd feel fucking awful for him. You gotta remember that most of these people had never spoken before this, so it's not suprising that they had to be informed that
what they were feeling wasn't from the kizna system

I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal and i like it a lot. I think it flows a lot better than the original series. Why does it get hate?

Depends on what part of Crystal you're watching. The first two seasons have a really mediocre production, but the currently airing Season III actually has a pretty good one, with quite a bit of excellent animation. Due to its short length and fidelity to the manga, however, it still isn't able to get into the character antics which are perhaps the best part of the original anime.

Sakamoto is an alien right?

Well, he is Bayonetta's son.

Zee-Row

Banned
Depends on what part of Crystal you're watching. The first two seasons have a really mediocre production, but the currently airing Season III actually has a pretty good one, with quite a bit of excellent animation. Due to its short length and fidelity to the manga, however, it still isn't able to get into the character antics which are perhaps the best part of the original anime.

I'm on episode 8 of season 1.

John Blade

Man...suck for the family of the hotel who kill her son when she is trying to kill the robber. Not a smart move if you're blind. As for Duke Togo, he manage to kill the guy who pull the shot. Another stupid but fun episode.

I'm (almost) free.

Time to get back to my backlog anime watching. I finished Patlabor TV and Mujin Wakusei Survive and started Hidamari Sketch (and already finished the first season), maybe I'll post about them in the next thread but I needed to say...

Wow, the running sequence in the beginning of Hidamari Sketch x365 episode 1 is really amazing.

John Blade

Duke Togo in a plane killing terrorist (or professional killer) for England (with $3 million dollars in payment). A very too simple job I have to say.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah that's Haifuri, I'm hoping this episode was a moe dump so we can have one last blowout fight next episode. Kind of disappointed they decided not to animate what an LCS hit by a 460mm shell would look like but I suppose that's one of those A-Team situations where everyone bobbing about merely looking dazed would seem just a little too pat. I wonder what class of ship the principal will be captaining next week?
I expect some kind of miracle move. At the very least they can't fuck up the climax.

The technology of the series is so weird though. The writers effectively neutralized any modern warfare by having the space hamsters emit some kind of EMP field, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Yamato that showed up.

Sure, that's my main criticism as well. Taking back the school salvation and putting it in jeopardy again for no real reason is silly, and it leads to extended downtime which isn't a strong point. Still, the flashback sequence I mentioned and the typically Mizushima black humor of Boko help justify that downtime.
There's probably a balance that could be struck between trying to just do tank stuff and trying to shove in moe stuff in Haifuri. I suppose in the context of anime, tilting more toward the GuP side is the lesser of two evils.

cj_iwakura

Initial D Extra Stage 2

If you had a face, Iketani, I would punch it. I would punch you in your face.

What a fricking idiot. That last bit after the credits was the knife in the side.

I know the Ace Attorney anime isn't good. I fully expect it to be bad. It continues to astound me with its badness tho.

You know what happens instead of Von Karma's amazing breakdown in the game?
VonKarmaHeadbang.gif

They just have him hobble over on his cane, which breaks when Phoenix yells at him.
download.png

He just limply crumples to the floor like a bag of dicks.

Wanderer5

I know the Ace Attorney anime isn't good. I fully expect it to be bad. It continues to astound me with its badness tho.

You know what happens instead of Von Karma's amazing breakdown in the game?
VonKarmaHeadbang.gif

They just have him hobble over on his cane, which breaks when Phoenix yells at him.
download.png

He just limply crumples to the floor like a bag of dicks.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu- why change that.:/

Also was this suppose to be a 2 cour series that covers the first three games? They are going to really need to cut out stuff to squeeze 2 games into one cour lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Today's episode of Haifuri was whatever. Mike is a soulless excuse for a protag whenever she's not leading her destroyer against vastly superior ships. But episode 13 should be a treat if they can deliver the non-stop shippery in true GuP style.

Sandfox

Fuuuuuuuuuuu- why change that.:/

Also was this suppose to be a 2 cour series that covers the first three games? They are going to really need to cut out stuff to squeeze 2 games into one cour lol.

It's coninuing after this season to cover the second game and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go even further.

Cornbread78

Today's episode of Haifuri was whatever. Mike is a soulless excuse for a protag whenever she's not leading her destroyer against vastly superior ships. But episode 13 should be a treat if they can deliver the non-stop shippery in true GuP style.

It's coninuing after this season to cover the second game and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go even further.

New thread ya'll

Yeah, I suppose it's best to start the next thread now.

[thread=1236081]CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW THREAD[/thread]

apparently the next episode I have for Gintama starts the Shogun arc. I think I'll stop for the night. If I start it now I'll want to continue it. I've heard really good things.

Sölf

God, I need that Hero Academia OST. And god, these cliffhangers are totally killing me. I am so going to switch to the manga after the final episode. I can't take this anymore. D:

Jintor

MHA 11

If OPM hadn't come out last year that would've been punch of the while. It was kind of a stock-standard flurry of blows exchange but the quality of the animation along with the various reaction shots really sold the sheer brute impact of those two powerhouses just going at it.

PLUS

ULTRA

/edit damnit wrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom