• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

The strikes that weren't dropping "correct light" loot— was that at 320 or 350? The notes don't suggest that 320 strikes on earth no longer drop decrypted blues up to 365, so maybe that was intended?

Does anyone else on xbox get massive frame drops after playing for a few hours. It's always fine when I start playing, but after about 3-4 hours, there are times when the game gets like this:

No. Only frame rate issues on XBone have been in the particular raid encounter that seems to cause it on both consoles.

In other news, I got a DAMN good PVE roll on a Cryptic Dragon. This gun is great. It has Zen Moment, High Caliber or high stability for the third column, and firefly

I have a Hand of Judgement with a similar roll (braced frame instead of zen moment). So good.

I wonder if those other strikes can also be farmed. Archon's Forge should be a more viable thing to do for progression now as well with a guaranteed source of offerings and more chances to chain them once you start.

I have barely touched AF so I'm looking forward to it.
With a steady stream of offerings and a good crowd of Guardians, the Forge is some of the most fun I've had in Destiny. So many engrams. Everywhere.

gspec

Ok this has got to be a bug.

Since ROI launched I have had zero legendary weapon engrams turn into year three weapons.

No exaggerating

All of my legendary armour engrams turn into year three gear.

Here is the list of the weapons I have received since I noticed this was happening

5 x Apple of Discord
5 x Antipodal Hindsight
3 x Questing Beast
2 x Smolder
2 x Ruin Wake

The only year three weapons I have received have been post game rewards in crucible and from rank up packages.

Is this how it's intended to work?

I think it is. Only the crucible and vanguard\Factions give you year 3. I could be wrong though.

Strider

Archon forge change sounds good. I hit 345 this morning and hoping I can run that and a CoE card this weekend to get some levels.

jaaz

About time they fixed Archon Forge. Maybe the place won't be a ghost town anymore now that you can actually get offerings.

And why so long to fix the Omnigul farming? People have been doing that for months to get a Grasp.

It's somewhat disheartening that Bungie didn't see these obvious glitches and fix them before releasing the expansion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The strikes that weren't dropping "correct light" loot— was that at 320 or 350? The notes don't suggest that 320 strikes on earth no longer drop decrypted blues up to 365, so maybe that was intended?
Unless the language of the notes is truly misleading, it would seem that Omnigul herself on the director strike will still drop blues up to 365; she just can't be suicide-farmed, which, while it was certainly great for day-1 raiding needs, is fair enough :p

I've updated my post about progression farms and such to reflect this patch:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217734899&postcount=13634

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Now that you mention it, all of my purple engrams dropped Y2 Vanguard and Crucible vendor gear, not Y3.

Ok so it's not just me.
But that can't be the intended result. Why would we be getting year three armour but year two weapons?
I've had enough time to try out the Apple of Discord. It's not happening Bungie! Just let it go.

They need do increase the skeleton key drop rate. I only got 2 keys after several heroic strikes. I wish it was a reward from completing Shiro's bounties, or something like that.
This.

I like the idea of a guaranteed skeleton key each week. They did this with the HoW treasure keys because they were so rare. I could see them doing something similar here.

darthbob

This.

I like the idea of a guaranteed skeleton key each week. They did this with the HoW treasure keys because they were so rare. I could see them doing something similar here.

Replace the Legendary engram with a Skeleton key and that'll make a lot of people happy.

noomi

Its been a while. Even more shocking since we have Discord as well.

Discord never killed DGAF BTW, just made it better.

If there was no discord, my post count would be too damn high again. No more wall of shame for this Guardian.

BTW, will there be a discord link in the new OT? Seems many want to join, but private invites make it a bit tough.

Xion385

Guys, I finally got Raze-Lighter today! Omnigul here I come!!!

*Thirty minutes after reading the patch notes*

giphy.gif

..... I'm never going to raid this month.

SpecX

Bleh, did the Omni farm once and never again. Doesn't hurt me too bad as I've been farming Sepiks anyways to level up.

I had one in the Psion Flyers strike and used it then.....

Got a void layer mantle...

IMadeAHugeMistake.gif

Are you shitting me? Did they just lock the strike legendary items behind the fucking chest? The key is near impossible to get, only have the first freebie they give out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If there was no discord, my post count would be too damn high again. No more wall of shame for this Guardian.

BTW, will there be a discord link in the new OT? Seems many want to join, but private invites make it a bit tough.
Anyone who wants a link can and should PM me, JohnOfMars, Xplicit, etc.

I've literally never had a skeleton key drop. Bungie should be encouraging us to run strikes and open treasures.

Igor and I ran 2 whole nights of strikes to legitly level up the first 2 days of ROI. I got 1 skeleton key that entire time.

Definitely need to fix skeleton key drop rates for sure.

Top Bottom