• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Archon's Forge is sooo much fun now, getting a new offering every two events or so

Also I think they have reduced the difficult for Perfected bosses, we were only 3 before and we managed to down three Perfected captains without too much trouble

Is it dropping artifacts or ghosts?

or anything other than m'fing class items?

I really don't get why you guys don't just run the strike playlist. Pop the rep booster, run strikes for 2 hours, you'll get a few light levels in that time. Repeat if you have time.

because people need to reach max light a week after release so they can bitch about having nothing to do

Just got a Hard Light out of a blue engram. Worth it or Infusion fooder?

Every exotic is worth keeping, but if you only like to hold onto stuff you'll actually use on a regular basis, I'd still recommend keeping Hard Light. It's not exactly the most powerful or efficient auto rifle in the game but it does have unique functionality, is really fun to use, and is the only gun whose bullets can bounce around inside of a titan bubble. Really nice to use during hectic PvE fights.

because people need to reach max light a week after release so they can bitch about having nothing to do
I laughed. But it's true lol.

I rush to the end game because this is when I enjoy the game the most. I want to be overpowered and have the best loadout rng will bless me with. 👌🏼

Frostburn

Artifacts can drop from decrypted engrams, strike specific chests and from ranking up eris (and regular faction package iirc?); ghosts can drop from any faction package.

Plus the raid can drop ghosts and artifacts, too.

Thanks, I have my Eris faction edged so I can just feed her some more Wormspore to pop that but I wasn't sure if I should do that now or wait until I hit 365. I do have one skeleton key as well that I can use but again was sort of holding on to it till hitting the soft cap of 365. Going to do the dailies today along with the Daily story mission then hit up patrol and try to snag my first public event of the day then off to Heroic Strikes. If I don't hit 365 after an hour or two of that then I'll pop my Eris rep and use my key.

Thanks, I have my Eris faction edged so I can just feed her some more Wormspore to pop that but I wasn't sure if I should do that now or wait until I hit 365. I do have one skeleton key as well that I can use but again was sort of holding on to it till hitting the soft cap of 365. Going to do the dailies today along with the Daily story mission then hit up patrol and try to snag my first public event of the day then off to Heroic Strikes. If I don't hit 365 after an hour or two of that then I'll pop my Eris rep and use my key.
The raid will help boost you too after the first few sections. You might jump a level or two from raid loot LLs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not faster but it's not about faster. It's about actually being fun and worthwhile as you play instead of making the game into even more of a tedious grind.
The notion that you feel the need to explain this to me of all people is troubling. I was simply responding to this particular statement and should have used a quote
Wesleyshark said:
Farming the same strike seems like it would take longer
Cool will be looking to sign up for one really soon then, I'm hoping to get to 365 but that ghost and artifact might hold me back, I've been banking my Exotics to decrypt once I hit 365 as well.
There's a checkpoint in the raid that will give you a ghost or artifact. :)

Only time I get framerate drops is when
Aksis tosses those dank clouds
or during King's Fall when hunters would tether mobs in mid between blight phases.

JJShadow

Every exotic is worth keeping, but if you only like to hold onto stuff you'll actually use on a regular basis, I'd still recommend keeping Hard Light. It's not exactly the most powerful or efficient auto rifle in the game but it does have unique functionality, is really fun to use, and is the only gun whose bullets can bounce around inside of a titan bubble. Really nice to use during hectic PvE fights.

Yeah that perk seems extremely fun in combination with a bubble, I'll keep it just to try it out

Thanks!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I'm missing something so I'll just ask;

How do I get beyond 350 Light? Rare Engrams decrypt to 340. I can do the Heroic Strike Playlist ( though this is a real grind because of lots of people dropping out and some particular strikes becoming significantly harder with current modifiers ), but after numerous strikes all I'm getting is 351 Light gear drops. I'm not even joking or exaggerating. I also have no clue on how to get Skeleton Keys beyond the one I got from the story...

Any advice?

Hzoltan69

When this going down? Our team go to the final boss and spent 3 hours there yesterday activating all the monitors on the way... we ran out of time and couldnt finish him. If i joined i'd be at the same point. But i'm not home until 5:30-5:45 eastern time :/

I haven't found enough people yet, but I'd like to do it in the next few hours.
However, I think we are not talking about the same thing. The part I'd like to find a team for is the final step in the OP quest (kill 3 raid bosses), the one you are talking about (activating monitors) is the first step.

jet1911

Just got a Hard Light out of a blue engram. Worth it or Infusion fooder?

Hard Light is the only exotic gun I want and the only one I never got lol. :(

How do I get beyond 350 Light? Rare Engrams decrypt to 340. I can do the Heroic Strike Playlist ( though this is a real grind because of lots of people dropping out and some particular strikes becoming significantly harder with current modifiers ), but after numerous strikes all I'm getting is 351 Light gear drops. I'm not even joking or exaggerating. I also have no clue on how to get Skeleton Keys beyond the one I got from the story...

Any advice?

It's slooooooooooooooow. I started doing the 350 strikes so some blues will decrypt higher than 340. I try to do every bounty every day to rank up the crucible and vanguard faction. I went from 350 to 354 in 4 days.

Any advice?
Before today, grinding Omnigul wasctge easiest way. Now either get a fire team and run the SIVA Heroic Playlist, or choose Sepiks Perfected from the directory and run that. It drops up to 365 light.

Zocano

The notion that you feel the need to explain this to me of all people is troubling. I was simply responding to this particular statement and should have used a quote

Not addressing you specifically, more to other people who feel pressured to get through the grind rather than just sitting back and enjoying the game.

Any advice?
In heroic strikes bosses drop blue items within a few LL's of your current total light I believe, up to you reaching 365 total light. Once 365, blues dropped from bosses cap at 365, along with decrypted legendaries.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

Any advice?

I'm in the same boat. Heroic Strikes, Crucible with 3oC, and daily heroics, I think. I'm going to run some of these and check Forge if you want to join. PSN name is in profile.

Did they hotfix the 320 Sepkis Strike?

Not addressing you specifically, more to other people who feel pressured to get through the grind rather than just sitting back and enjoying the game.

We understand. But you have to remember a few things. Some people enjoy the game for getting stuff done as fast as possible. Another thing, some people enjoy the end-game (Raid/Trials) more so it makes sense for people to want to get to that level as fast as possible. Everyone likes different parts of the game, some people like all, some people like nothing, and many people like somewhere in between.

Marvel

could never
Recharging my batteries, put in a lot of hours to get to 384. Coming back on Sat/Sun for more Raiding.

I haven't had this much fun on Destiny for a long time. Been excellent re-connecting with old DGAF friends. I do wish HM would hurry up, as it stands now the whole Raid is a cakewalk. Fun though!

Edit: oops new thread

Ambitious

Went to bed at 3am. Failed to kill Aksis. Learned about the fact that monitors are reset when leaving the raid today morning. Yay.

Went through the entire raid again today. Shortly after the hotfix was released, someone had to leave. Because of the version difference, no one with the hotfix could join us, and obviously we couldn't five-man it. So that's another few hours wasted for nothing. And after trying to kill the boss for three fucking hours, we disbanded just now.

Does anyone else on xbox get massive frame drops after playing for a few hours. It's always fine when I start playing, but after about 3-4 hours, there are times when the game gets like this:

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/7a282e8c-474f-4708-9ff5-41bbcab8fd84

Never seen it that bad, ouch

It has gotten pretty awful about as bad as that on X1 for me during the seige engine fight other than that nah.

Any X1 raid groups forming tonight? I'm lvl 374 or so and trying to jump in and get that exotic pulse quest. I've only ever done raid once and we bogged out on phase 2 but I think that's due to having like 4 350s in group but I 100% know all the mechanics with killing captains for cannons to kill servitors to get bombs to throw at him being empowered slamming him then 3 dmg phases at 3 seperate points so I'm all good on that I wasn't having any issues personally with the lfg group I was with.

If one's forming or anyone wants to do it give me a shout on X1 even if it says I'm offline because my status still gets screwed up through preview updates even though they said they fixed it awhile ago. I want to get that pulse rifle bad looks so cool. By the way
Gt:Ronzilla29 feel free to add if you like.

X-Frame

Hell after 365, running Crucible playlist seems to net you a legendary drop at about the same rate of a skeleton key anyway. And you can use three of coins at a faster rate then strikes. With boosters we were getting 210 rep per win last night too. We played 6 matches in an hour-ish and everyone on our team got at least one legendary and most of us two. Doesn't help with artifacts though.

I got the Nemesis Star at 372 last night, so excited to try it out.

I'd much prefer this but then I'd have to be wearing my higher light PvE gear when playing PvP. My PvP loadout is about 3-4 Light below.

X-Frame

so what can we farm now? is sepiks still good?

All the 320 Strikes can drop 365 blues so whichever is your favorite. I don't really know which could be the fastest but Sepkis is pretty fast and fun and new but it can get old if you're doing it 30 times.

I don't know if that has been tested but Even if that works, you miss out on the guaranteed
exotic engram.

That *should* work as long as one person remains throughout... But don't quote me on that haha.

Thanks, you three. I'm anticipating switching myself out for something else so that I'm with a fireteam consisting of a Titan, Warlock, and Hunter.

edit:

Post in the new thread, everyone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1286480

Top Bottom