• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Born2Live

Bleh, did the Omni farm once and never again. Doesn't hurt me too bad as I've been farming Sepiks anyways to level up.

Much better farm method in my experience. May not be as quick as Omnigul but it yields decent LL gains from a couple of hours of running.

Dez_

Tried to use my keys on the Omnigul strike. Got god damned bonds. Tried to use my last one on one of the new strikes and got cloaks. I'm destined to have a collection of class items, lol.

Mindlog

Quick and dirty server room monitor tip learned the hard way.
Do we still spoiler? One more day? Just in case.
To reset the diamond room just activate the monitor again. When activated the monitors always returns a number for section 00. When section 00 is done correctly the monitors automatically receive the code for section 01 without requiring further activation.

Conversion chart.
(You only need 0-5. Pretty easy to memorize for how many times we're going to be doing it.)
Siva Engine Calculator.

That picture on Discord is a fantastic guide. Wish I had seen it earlier.

SpecX

Much better farm method in my experience. May not be as quick as Omnigul but it yields decent LL gains from a couple of hours of running.

Yeah, after someone pointed it out, I ran it last night a few times and moved up from 355 to 358. Planning on going at it again tonight to reach 360 and hoping to be at 365 tomorrow night so i can try the raid this weekend.

E92 M3

Igor and I ran 2 whole nights of strikes to legitly level up the first 2 days of ROI. I got 1 skeleton key that entire time.

Definitely need to fix skeleton key drop rates for sure.

Thank goodness the "leveling" is behind us lol.

I'd be cool with 4 - 5 keys dropping, or have additional ways to get them.

Raid drops, weekly drops, crucible drops...etc

Bungie is scared to make it rain loot for some reason. I just don't know what their designers are thinking sometimes.

Zakalwe

Banned
If there was no discord, my post count would be too damn high again. No more wall of shame for this Guardian.

BTW, will there be a discord link in the new OT? Seems many want to join, but private invites make it a bit tough.

It's kept private to help prevent trouble makers from joining.

ch4fx_

vedrq9vx5wxvm58m3gfp.jpg

images

imo, Sepkis is the more efficient grind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Until Tuesday reset, please. I know a couple of people at least that have still managed not to spoil themselves and it is worth it.

eggydoo

Igor and I ran 2 whole nights of strikes to legitly level up the first 2 days of ROI. I got 1 skeleton key that entire time.

Definitely need to fix skeleton key drop rates for sure.

Wow that is terrible. I did it legit as well and got about 5 keys by the time I got 361. Were you running heroic?

To reset the diamond room just activate the monitor again. When activated the monitors always returns a number for section 00. When section 00 is done correctly the monitors automatically receive the code for section 01 without requiring further activation.

Conversion chart.
(You only need 0-5. Pretty easy to memorize for how many times we're going to be doing it.)
Siva Engine Calculator.

That picture on Discord is a fantastic guide. Wish I had seen it earlier.
I believe the mods said one week from launch day so tomorrow would be the day. Reddit already lifted the spoiler ban. But there's quite a few people who haven't raided yet so I'll still be coy about it and tag stuff until someone yells at me to stop tagging lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe the mods said one week from launch day so tomorrow would be the day. Reddit already lifted the spoiler ban. But there's quite a few people who haven't raided yet so I'll still be coy about it and tag stuff until someone yells at me to stop tagging lol
I'd love it if we could keep tagging stuff until the reset. I know that a whole lot of people out there are trying the raid for the first time this weekend.

To all lamenting Omni RIP, I grinded Sepiks Perfected all the way up to raid ready. Either way was serviceable!

Speaking of raid, still trying to organize a fresh Xbox WotM run tonight after having connection issues last night. Let me know here or Discord if interested!

I'd love it if we could keep tagging stuff until the reset. I know that a whole lot of people out there are trying the raid for the first time this weekend.

I'm with ya. Takes all of two seconds to spoiler tag your post haha.

Yes I know I'm guilty of not tagging a couple things prior

To all lamenting Omni RIP, I grinded Sepiks Perfected all the way up to raid ready. Either way was serviceable!

Speaking of raid, still trying to organize a fresh Xbox WotM run tonight after having connection issues last night. Let me know here or Discord if interested!

Plus that epic music tho!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So Nightfall used to have a pretty good drop rate of Strike specific loot. Do Skeleton keys not drop more if you keep farming nightfall strikes?

Tjamato88

Ugh Septiks Perfected :(

Well I know what I'm doing when I get home. Anyone want to help me with the last part of the Gjally quest? It's a pain in the ass solo.

lt519

I've appreciated GAF using spoilers up til now, we're trying it out for the first time tomorrow and I've been able to visit the thread without catching any drift of what goes on during the raid. I think Hawkian is right, through this weekend would seem reasonable knowing that a lot of time needed to be put in to be raid ready and many people will just be getting there this weekend.

Zocano

I really don't get why you guys don't just run the strike playlist. Pop the rep booster, run strikes for 2 hours, you'll get a few light levels in that time. Repeat if you have time.

lt519

I really don't get why you guys don't just run the strike playlist. Pop the rep booster, run strikes for 2 hours, you'll get a few light levels in that time. Repeat if you have time.

Hell after 365, running Crucible playlist seems to net you a legendary drop at about the same rate of a skeleton key anyway. And you can use three of coins at a faster rate then strikes. With boosters we were getting 210 rep per win last night too. We played 6 matches in an hour-ish and everyone on our team got at least one legendary and most of us two. Doesn't help with artifacts though.

I got the Nemesis Star at 372 last night, so excited to try it out.

That's what I did to help push to 365, along with crucible post game rewards. Didn't take very long to get blues for infusing all of my item slots, plus a handful of keys for strike specific loot. Farming the same strike seems like it would take longer and cause fatigue to happen faster. Plus with solar burn this week it'd be even easier than last week...

Once I hit 365 I decrypted some Exotics and then jumped into the raid.

SpecX

I tried that at first. Kept getting thrown into the Malok strike, Saber, and Undying Mind. Those are some of the worse especially when you're under leveled and playing with randoms at even lower LL than you who bail on you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hell after 365, running Crucible playlist seems to net you a legendary drop at about the same rate of a skeleton key anyway. And you can use three of coins at a faster rate then strikes. With boosters we were getting 210 rep per win last night too. We played 6 matches in an hour-ish and everyone on our team got at least one legendary and most of us two. Doesn't help with artifacts though.

I got the Nemesis Star at 372 last night, so excited to try it out.

Yeah I did a few PvP matches yesterday and received some pretty nice upgrades in a very short amount of time.

Frostburn

I've been mostly doing Heroic Strike playlist stuff to gear up, 363 now stuck with a 361 Artifact and 360 Ghost. I'm down to do the raid whenever someone thinks taking a 363 isn't too risky, I've been just sitting on the sidelines watching everyone do the Raid and now the Exotic quest.

Repost for the new page: Need 4 more people for the raid boss kill part of the OP quest.

When this going down? Our team go to the final boss and spent 3 hours there yesterday activating all the monitors on the way... we ran out of time and couldnt finish him. If i joined i'd be at the same point. But i'm not home until 5:30-5:45 eastern time :/

Question re: Outbreak Prime & Raid. Spoiler tagged just in case.

Assume that a fireteam of 6 gets through the raid activating all the monitors EXCEPT for the last one before killing Aksis. As long as one person remains in the raid, if the other fireteam members leave, switch characters, and return will they still have the monitors that were previously activated?

Fresh raid anyone? On PS4.

366 Titan. I've never done it so would love if some experienced Guardians wanted to come along.

1. darkistheway

2real4tv

Assume that a fireteam of 6 gets through the raid activating all the monitors EXCEPT for the last one before killing Aksis. As long as one person remains in the raid, if the other fireteam members leave, switch characters, and return will they still have the monitors that were previously activated?
Yes

Deku Tree

I don't know if that has been tested but Even if that works, you miss out on the guaranteed
exotic engram.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
363 is more than enough to start the raid, Frostburn.

The Heroic SIVA playlist has lots of benefits beyond the end-of-match blues, the rep is totally worthwhile, the timing is right for 3oCs, plenty of legendary engrams too, and you might luck out with a skeleton key. With a GAF fireteam it's pretty fun as well.

Fatigue aside however, I can't imagine that playlist with randoms could possibly be faster than Sepiks from the director. It's quite a quick strike.

That *should* work as long as one person remains throughout... But don't quote me on that haha.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been mostly doing Heroic Strike playlist stuff to gear up, 363 now stuck with a 361 Artifact and 360 Ghost. I'm down to do the raid whenever someone thinks taking a 363 isn't too risky, I've been just sitting on the sidelines watching everyone do the Raid and now the Exotic quest.

363 definitely isn't too risky. We've done full runs with a 364, so not much difference. I would say anyone 360+ can do the raid, but the final boss will be a bit more difficult if you have too many people under 370.

Zocano

Fatigue aside however, I can't imagine that playlist with randoms could possibly be faster than Sepiks from the director. It's quite a quick strike.

It's not faster but it's not about faster. It's about actually being fun and worthwhile as you play instead of making the game into even more of a tedious grind.

Frostburn

363 is more than enough to start the raid, Frostburn.

The Heroic SIVA playlist has lots of benefits beyond the end-of-match blues, the rep is totally worthwhile, the timing is right for 3oCs, plenty of legendary engrams too, and you might luck out with a skeleton key. With a GAF fireteam it's pretty fun as well.

363 definitely isn't too risky. We've done full runs with a 364, so not much difference. I would say anyone 360+ can do the raid, but the final boss will be a bit more difficult if you have too many people under 370.

Cool will be looking to sign up for one really soon then, I'm hoping to get to 365 but that ghost and artifact might hold me back, I've been banking my Exotics to decrypt once I hit 365 as well.

JJShadow

Archon's Forge is sooo much fun now, getting a new offering every two events or so

Also I think they have reduced the difficult for Perfected bosses, we were only 3 before and we managed to down three Perfected captains without too much trouble

Cool will be looking to sign up for one really soon then, I'm hoping to get to 365 but that ghost and artifact might hold me back, I've been banking my Exotics to decrypt once I hit 365 as well.
Artifacts can drop from decrypted engrams, strike specific chests and from ranking up eris (and regular faction package iirc?); ghosts can drop from any faction package.

Plus the raid can drop ghosts and artifacts, too.

Top Bottom