• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
353 is my highest light level. All of them decoded to 353 or 351. So strange that it worked just fine when the expansion first dropped. I'm so sick of doing heroic strikes.

Yes, but were you at 353 while you were decrypting? If you were wearing lower LL gear at the time it would have affected things.

soultron

Banned
Is anyone looking for a Hunter for the 1st SIVA engine phase of the exotic PR quest? We did a raid clear yesterday but I didn't have a Warlock and Titan fireteam to solve my SIVA engine with.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Weekend is pvp country. Did not touch pvp yet in rise. Except for those three elimination matches where everyone committed suicide. Of course I must visit best friend Xur.

timnich

I would just run the septiks strike over and over to get to 365. Boring but assured progress.

I used Xur to bump me up to mostly 350, then grinded heroic strikes. Looked at my history and did about 27 strikes and by the time i was done, i was around 361. Got about 5 skeleton keys during this time as well which helped increased my LL.

Then I did a few more strikes and noticed it rained 364-365 gear once I hit 361.
Once I hit 365, I started to decrypt my exotics and got quite a few 370 stuff from it.
Sitting at 366 now. I'd be higher if it wasn't for my artifact.

More leveling info than you can imagine.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=217734899&postcount=13634

thanks Hawkian
Thanks everyone, that should help get some progress. Thanks to Hawkian as well, I always used your guides in the past! Super helpful!

Zakalwe

Banned
Had that one too... from Banshee ;) I personally preferred this one for my playstyle.

2 more bullets in each mag, faster reloading and the stability and range are reversed... range is already so good it never really mattered to me personally but the added stability allowed less muzzle/barrel flip so more shots are on target quicker with less stick movement.

78 Stability to your 82
86 range to your 77

I think the only noticeable difference between the two would be a slight difference in range. And tbh, I'd actually prefer it to be slightly lower

Triple Tap | Single Point Sling/Smallbore | Army of One/Exhumed

I'd stick with the HJ too. TT and Smallbore are nice, but the last column lets it down.

yup. I was sitting at 353.

Bad luck I guess. I've never seen that myself, heroic strikes were perfectly consistent for me as I levelled to 365.

EL CUCO

Got the Icarus map last night in Control for the first time since RoI released. I enjoyed it. I feel like most of these new maps play kinda similar.

kidko

Anyone getting ghosts from faction packages when selecting Weapon instead of Armor/Chroma? I'm wondering if I should go back to picking Armor to get a higher LL ghost

Comms

Neo Member
Hey, Would there be anyone round these parts still looking to do a BLIND raid?

I have been staying away from spoilers as best I can but finally have the time to give it a go this weekend. Myself and two others are now in the 370s. We are Europe based and are hoping for a first crack Friday evening (So 6:00 BST).

1. Comms
2. Devrajin
3. Litbambus
4. ? (Possibly UV if he hasn't run yet)
5. ?
6. ?

If anyone is interested, you can reply to this or throw me a PSN message.

PSN: Comms_12389

Remember, blind raid. Thanks everyone. :)

ch4fx_

Anyone getting ghosts from faction packages when selecting Weapon instead of Armor/Chroma? I'm wondering if I should go back to picking Armor to get a higher LL ghost

AFAIK, ghosts are listed as a "possible drop" from all the packages.

If you hover over the packages & hit triangle (or the X1 equivalent), it will show you the possible contents for each.

LiK

78 Stability to your 82
86 range to your 77

I think the only noticeable difference between the two would be a slight difference in range. And tbh, I'd actually prefer it to be slightly lower

I'd stick with the HJ too. TT and Smallbore are nice, but the last column lets it down.

Bad luck I guess. I've never seen that myself, heroic strikes were perfectly consistent for me as I levelled to 365.

yea, last column sucks. i might just discard for Marks.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hey, Would there be anyone round these parts still looking to do a BLIND raid?

I have been staying away from spoilers as best I can but finally have the time to give it a go this weekend. Myself and two others are now in the 370s. We are Europe based and are hoping for a first crack Friday evening (So 6:00 BST).

1. Comms
2. Devrajin
3. Litbambus
4. ? (Possibly UV if he hasn't run yet)
5. ?
6. ?

If anyone is interested, you can reply to this or throw me a PSN message.

PSN: Comms_12389

Remember, blind raid. Thanks everyone. :)

Yes, me and a friend would. I'm currently 365, I'll likely be 370 or very close by tomorrow. My friend will be 365. Both Titans.

If that works for you let me know.

kidko

AFAIK, ghosts are listed as a "possible drop" from all the packages.

If you hover over the packages & hit triangle (or the X1 equivalent), it will show you the possible contents for each.

Ah! I never stopped to look at that pop-up. Thanks for that

78 Stability to your 82
86 range to your 77

Yeah anything above 70 range is basically sniper rifle and great but totally not necessary for 90% of the stuff you'll do in most raids or encounters. Both are groovy on that front.

The stability bump is more noticeable to me personally. Like i said, i had both (three different to be honest but cant remember the third, it was the odd gun out lol) and settled on the high stability more ammo quicker reload one personally.

All the DIS-43's that roll half way decent are amazing!

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah anything above 70 range is basically sniper rifle and great but totally not necessary for 90% of the stuff you'll do in most raids or encounters. Both are groovy on that front.

The stability bump is more noticeable to me personally. Like i said, i had both (three different to be honest but cant remember the third, it was the odd gun out lol) and settled on the high stability more ammo quicker reload one personally.

All the DIS-43's that roll half way decent are amazing!

Can you actually tell the difference in +4 stability?

2real4tv

Repost need a warlock:

Anyone down to do the 2nd part(where it requires one of each class) of the exotic questline in four hours? I need a Warlock that has gotten the Siva Engine.

Preferably ~2:30pm EST

1.) Titan - Me
2.) Warlock -
3.) Hunter -Biggy

DjRalford

Lucky lucky bastard

Just finished a game in crucible with one of my last 3oC, to get a helmet engram, bloody thing decrypted into a warlock helm at 368 so just infused it.

Now 366 with just the ghost holding me back.

darthbob

Patch Notes: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45313/7_Destiny-Hotfix---092816

2.4.0.3 - The one about Strikes.

As a follow up to the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, we're making some changes to address issues that have become apparent throughout the first week of gameplay.

Activities
Strikes
Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards
Archon's Forge
Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity
Archon’s Forge has a higher chance to drop Offerings upon completion

Items
Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist

No mention of the Tower notification glitch being fixed. :'(

Does anyone else on xbox get massive frame drops after playing for a few hours. It's always fine when I start playing, but after about 3-4 hours, there are times when the game gets like this:

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/7a282e8c-474f-4708-9ff5-41bbcab8fd84

In other news, I got a DAMN good PVE roll on a Cryptic Dragon. This gun is great. It has Zen Moment, High Caliber or high stability for the third column, and firefly

Screenshot-Original.png

They need to increase the skeleton key drop rate. I only got 2 keys after several heroic strikes. I wish it was a reward from completing Shiro's bounties, or something like that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok this has got to be a bug.

Since ROI launched I have had zero legendary weapon engrams turn into year three weapons.

No exaggerating

All of my legendary armour engrams turn into year three gear.

Here is the list of the weapons I have received since I noticed this was happening

5 x Apple of Discord
5 x Antipodal Hindsight
3 x Questing Beast
2 x Smolder
2 x Ruin Wake

The only year three weapons I have received have been post game rewards in crucible and from rank up packages.

Is this how it's intended to work?

darthbob

Ok this has got to be a bug.

Since ROI launched I have had zero legendary weapon engrams turn into year three weapons.

No exaggerating

All of my legendary armour engrams turn into year three gear.

Here is the list of the weapons I have received since I noticed this was happening

5 x Apple of Discord
5 x Antipodal Hindsight
3 x Questing Beast
2 x Smolder
2 x Ruin Wake

The only year three weapons I have received have been post game rewards in crucible and from rank up packages.

Is this how it's intended to work?

Now that you mention it, all of my purple engrams dropped Y2 Vanguard and Crucible vendor gear, not Y3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder if those other strikes can also be farmed. Archon's Forge should be a more viable thing to do for progression now as well with a guaranteed source of offerings and more chances to chain them once you start.

I have barely touched AF so I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom