• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone 2 Petition - Will Sony Listen?

Will Sony listen? Nope they won't.
Anyone remember Playstation Blogshare?

Socom II HD/Remake was one of the most requested games.

Sony gave a shit about the results/request.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Dude, TLOUS2 have a loads of gameplay mechanics...
The main selling of the game is the story. The gameplay takes a backseat.

A classic game, which focus on gameplay is far cry3, where you see the effect gameplay has on the character, compared to gta4, where the characters story doesn't represent the gameplay.

Here is an example

Fake

The main selling of the game is the story. The gameplay takes a backseat.

A classic game, which focus on gameplay is far cry3, where you see the effect gameplay has on the character, compared to gta4, where the characters story doesn't represent the gameplay.

Here is an example

Dude, you're move goalpost here. If you tell me Days Gone have more game mechanics than TLOUS2 I would agree.

Don't matter if TLOUS2 is a heavy plot game, thats not the point here. My point is TLOUS2 have loads of game mechanics and this you can't deny. If have more or less than others game, is a conversation to another thread.

GymWolf

Game was in such a sad state when it originally released. Geometry loading in while the player is driving; instantly killing them. Entire sections of the map not loading in properly; resulting in the player being unable to progress. Yes…this was damn near unplayable. Upon encountering these types of bugs, no one wants to stick around to play this shit. This game was meme’d to hell because of how broken it was back then.

You can find bug compilations for a lot of games on yt.

My first run was like 50 hours (on pro) and the biggest bugs were uneven framerate during bike riding and some funny collisions or the bike disappearing one time.

The game was overall in the same\better place of any ac game at launch or most open world games at launch except sony open world games that are usually more polished.

I mean rdr2 has 97 on mc and at launch it had a gigantic bug where a lot of characters were absent from the camp for the first 3 chapters of the game and the camp interactions are one of the biggest strenght of that game, also framerate problems with explosions or fire on screen.

kingfey

Banned
Dude, you're move goalpost here. If you tell me Days Gone have more game mechanics than TLOUS2 I would agree.

Don't matter if TLOUS2 is a heavy plot game, thats not the point here. My point is TLOUS2 have loads of game mechanics and this you can't deny. If have more or less than others game, is a conversation to another thread.
The entire gameplay revolves between these 2 characters, which the story takes heavy emphasis. Without the story, the gameplay is meaningless.

Its why the last of us series cant function as a gameplay, without a heavy story.

yurinka

Sony will listen to the game's PS4 and PC sales. I think the game already sold enough copies to deserve a sequel.

But maybe they decided to put Bend workinginstead on a new IP more different thank TLOU right now because they may have already a lot of sequels recently released and coming. Maybe they already plan to make Days Gone 2 but after their new IP.

Fake

The entire gameplay revolves between these 2 characters, which the story takes heavy emphasis. Without the story, the gameplay is meaningless.

Its why the last of us series cant function as a gameplay, without a heavy story.

I never knew that.

Fake

If you play far cry 3, you will see your character descend to madness in this world. Your actions changes your character, as you go further.

You don't understand sarcasm, don't you?

You're just spiting the obvious here kid.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You can find bug compilations for a lot of games on yt.

My first run was like 50 hours (on pro) and the biggest bugs were uneven framerate during bike riding and some funny collisions or the bike disappearing one time.

The game was overall in the same\better place of any ac game at launch or most open world games at launch except sony open world games that are usually more polished.

I mean rdr2 has 97 on mc and at launch it had a gigantic bug where a lot of characters were absent from the camp for the first 3 chapters of the game and the camp interactions are one of the biggest strenght of that game, also framerate problems with explosions or fire on screen.
I had a funny bug on one of the hordes, they all clipped under the map and died of the fall, easiest horde by far and if there was a time trial about it I would probably have the world record.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm personally loving this game, everything about it just works and man id love to see them tackle a native PS5 sequel... fuck could you imagine the horde numbers.. had a funny bug the other where i went to drive over a bridge that hadn't spawned in properly and subsequently dropped right through it into the path of a wandering horde ffs

rolandss

The game was a solid 7. It was a decently executed open world game but a somewhat bland and well trodden story for me. And the depressing American post apocalypse/zombie thing has been done to death, excuse the pun. I say it’s good the studio is moving on. Give us something fresh.

So good they passed on the sequel, ya got me ;)

We'll see, I guess.

Whether they greenlight a sequel or not doesn't really mean anything for the quality of the first game.

Beyond Good and Evil never got a sequel and that game was fantasic. There are a tonne of other examples.

Make. Better. Arguments.

sobaka770

Banned
They will listen to their internal sales metrics and this petition is a drop in the bucket compared to those.
Bend is on another project already - I think this is pretty much dead.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
We'll see, I guess.

Whether they greenlight a sequel or not doesn't really mean anything for the quality of the first game.

Beyond Good and Evil never got a sequel and that game was fantasic. There are a tonne of other examples.

Make. Better. Arguments.

Dreams Keep Calm GIF

I'm personally loving this game, everything about it just works and man id love to see them tackle a native PS5 sequel... fuck could you imagine the horde numbers.. had a funny bug the other where i went to drive over a bridge that hadn't spawned in properly and subsequently dropped right through it into the path of a wandering horde ffs
I've seen a video on youtube where some dude was luring 3 seperate hordes into 1 ginormous super horde. The 3 hordes were in close proximity to each other on the map so he just drove his bike near all of them and managed to get them to follow him. The amount of freakers on screen...BRUH !!

That aside, I'm enjoying the fuck out of this game. I have it on PS but never played past the first few missions. Now that I have gaming PC I took the chance on playing it again.
I don't know about anyone else but I love the story and love everything else about the game. There is so much potential here and I will go as far as saying this was the most amazing experience I had with a Sony 1st party title other side of Last Of Us 2 and alongside Ghost Of Tsushima. What the developers have done here is fucking black magic.

I absolutely 100% want to play a sequel to this because that secret ending with O'Brien? Holy Shit. I can't imagine the coming conflict with these advanced freakers with NERO gear.

Top Bottom