• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone director : "Days gone 2 could have released a month ago"

GHG

Days Gone could have been a good game, but it wasn't.

a lot of things could be a certain way but aren't.

MvUyNpM.png

SCmZy6m.png

Cry.

GHG

I honestly dont see how you could objectively say days gone is a bad game, sure it had issues at launch (is jedi survivor a bad game then?) And sure, it might not be your cup of tea.

But a bad game, objectively? This is not.

It's the same handful of people that you'd expect to say it, to the surprise of nobody.

They've cried about "cinematic 3rd person with trees, depression simulator, one and done" games until they are blue in the face and now that they are getting what they asked for they still aren't happy. It's incredible really.

more people listen to Justin Bieber than to any good musician.
all that shows is that generally people are really stupid, and that generic shit that plays and looks like other generic shit will usually he more popular than better things that are less generic :)

It's actually one of the least "generic" open world games we've had in a while from a game mechanics standpoint but please go on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They've cried about "cinematic 3rd person with trees, depression simulator, one and done" games until they are blue in the face and now that they are getting what they asked for they still aren't happy. It's incredible really.
They're going to blow Senuna to Niflheimr and back next month. You watch.

• Fire
Reactions: GHG

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Deacon's wife makes a joke about Deacon promising to ride her like he rides his bike, and people took it out of context. In the game, it's actually a sweet moment between two people who obviously love each other.

And in the discourse, I heard as much about that line as the zombie hordes.

So many children here just post out of their ass.

Days Gone has a fanbase. Its not a small fanbase either. Hell, half of this thread is already saying they liked the first one.........
From what I've heard, the game has a major pacing problem and doesn't really become good until half way through the game and your character gains enough different abilities, and most of the hate come from people who gave up before they got to the good part. So the people who stuck it out really enjoy it, and the people who never saw the good part say it's crap, and neither group is wrong.

Developers needs to be mindful of things like that. Most players do not have the patience to invest 10-15 hours into a game before it gets good.

HawarMiran

Banned
I enjoyed Days Gone, but it didn't wow me. So i am not really bothered that it doesn't get a sequel. Maybe in a few years they can come back to it, because it is a game many love apparently

WoJ

I mean if Alan Wake can get a sequel, what? 12? 13 years later? Maybe Days Gone 2 could end up being a thing eventually.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Was this the game Kotaku said had Aryan Zombies? I looked into it, and it was more The Descent than Wolfenstein. Kotaku and this guy should work together only to be immediately fired.

Out of a cannon.

Muffdraul

I really didn't get the negativity towards this game. I thought it was a standout exclusive game for the platform.
I bought it on day 1 and didn't get how anybody could possibly stay interested in it for more than the two or so hours I did. So I guess we cancel each other out. =P

Luigi Mario

It's actually one of the least "generic" open world games we've had in a while from a game mechanics standpoint but please go on.
This should not surprise you.
Sony seems to only want games that emulate movies and have zero depth these days as to not overwhelm the typical casual idiot that's sadly the average console buyer these days

Last edited:

JayK47

I too hope for a sequel that will never happen. One of the few games I purchased more than once and have enjoyed every playthrough.

Ozzie666

The end result of Days Gone was a good game with some good ideas. It's unfortunate it took a while to get there with all the patches. The development hell and time required by the studio, is probably why Sony didn't sign off on a sequel. Meanwhile you have a developer like Sucker Punch who releases Second Son and then Ghosts of Tsushima in the same generation. Sony knows where to put their time.

But this guy sounds like the Scotty Pippen of gaming, just let it go man and move on.

-Zelda-

Banned
I really didn't get the negativity towards this game. I thought it was a standout exclusive game for the platform.
Not woke enough for the usual "gamers." That and as much as I do not like it, TLOU set the bar too high for people to care about something that looked like a "lesser version."

oji-san

Banned
Days Gone wasn't good, it's was fantastic.
And the secret ending had me looking forward even more for a sequel. I hope we'll get a sequel one day.

Flutta

Banned

Why Sony, why?

I believe Sony was planing to shift funding to their ”10 GaaS games” that needed resources. DG2 was the first one to go.

Who knows what else got canned because of their GaaS garbage. I mean DG was a bigger success financially than Death Stranding even. So weird what happend with DG tbh.

Do we really need a sequel?

2022.12.13-01.36-boundingintocomics-63987fe38c7a7.png

Yeah that’s the only thing the game had to offer, a cringy line. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As a whole DS was a good game sold well, and was well recived by gamers.

Games much worse with less success got sequels.

Top Bottom