• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone director : "Days gone 2 could have released a month ago"

Sleepwalker

days-gone-ps4-2.large.jpg

Had this been the case, it would have given a Days Gone sequel a roughly four-year development cycle, with the original game releasing in April 2019. As such, you'd have to imagine it would be a follow-up built largely on the foundations of Days Gone, but with some key gameplay improvements. For example, Jeff Ross has in the past described Days Gone 2 as the "definitive version" of the game, with better animal AI and the ability to swim.

"I would add more systems," he said in an interview last year. "Systems are very simple. And if they’re simple, they can be elegant and very rich for the player. I knew adding one or two more layers to the systemic elements of it would have been something that we could have wrapped our heads around, it would have led to a ton of richness for the players and a ton of unique open-world moments and responses that we haven’t seen before. Let’s sink our teeth into this and do something even more epic."

Personally I loved Days Gone.

7n3d1c.jpg

Sleepwalker

I really didn't get the negativity towards this game. I thought it was a standout exclusive game for the platform.
I really did enjoy my time with it and was sad when they canned the sequel, but as per the posts above, people thought it was utter garbage lol

GHG

lol this guy still butthurt xD

I'm butthurt too.

This was probably their best new IP from last gen and had some of the best gameplay systems out of any of their recent games.

A sequel on more powerful hardware where they expanded on the horde mechanics had the potential to be a GOAT zombie game.

Game was shit and you didn't "stick to your guns" so who cares?

One of the highest rated games on Steam at 92% positive overall.

dave-chappelle-shut-the-fuck-up.gif

Last edited:
Days Gone went through development hell. It was in production for 6 years before being released in a terrible state. There is a reason that Bend studio became a support studio soon after it's release. Only recently they started working on a new IP. This guy is sour grapes

Oh shut the fuck up already. Go make a spiritual successor if it’s that important to you.
I wonder this too....Like is he and his team working on anything else of note? The show yesterday was ass to me but every time I've seen this guy's tweets posted here it just seems to be him crying about that game.

Nobody is demanding Days Gone 2 but him...It's an entertainment industry after all and the #1 rule is "What have you done for me lately?'' Whats he been working on lately?

Sethbacca

I wonder this too....Like is he and his team working on anything else of note? The show yesterday was ass to me but every time I've seen this guy's tweets posted here it just seems to be him crying about that game.

Nobody is demanding Days Gone 2 but him...It's an entertainment industry after all and the #1 rule is "What have you done for me lately?'' Whats he been working on lately?
Actually, there are many of us who would take a Days Gone sequel over most things currently in development.

Macaron

Banned

So many children here just post out of their ass.

Days Gone has a fanbase. Its not a small fanbase either. Hell, half of this thread is already saying they liked the first one.........

Actually, there are many of us who would take a Days Gone sequel over most things currently in development.
I bought that game day one and felt it was the usual average open world stuff but alright...I post on quite a few forums/discords/reddits and have done so for years and for the past few years the only time I see it mentioned are in threads on here with reactions to this guys complaints/tweets. I was unaware of Days Gone having this community lol, but hey we all aren't supposed to like the same things.

More power to you my friend. But you didn't answer my question + the point of my post...Whats he doing now? Can we see it?

xrnzaaas

I'd buy it day 1. I think they ended up in a good place after the first game - they fixed all the issues, had all the mechanics in place, PS5 wouldn't have the same enormous performance problems and the last scene from the game teased a very interesting concept for the sequel. A shame it was never greenlit.

Sleepwalker

I bought that game day one and felt it was the usual average open world stuff but alright...I post on quite a few forums/discords/reddits and have done so for years and for the past few years the only time I see it mentioned are in threads on here with reactions to this guys complaints/tweets. I was unaware of Days Gone having this community lol, but hey we all aren't supposed to like the same things.

More power to you my friend. But you didn't answer my question + the point of my post...Whats he doing now? Can we see it?
He's at crystal dynamics so he's presumably working on whatever they are doing. (Tomb raider?)

So many children here just post out of their ass.

Days Gone has a fanbase. Its not a small fanbase either. Hell, half of this thread is already saying they liked the first one.........
Oh you can kiss my ass lol - I atleast tried to be nice nasty to the other guy but you can kiss my ass :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Luigi Mario

Jeff Ross was at Crystal Dynamics for some time and the other guy is still working on an NFT scam named Ashfall.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I can see what you mean about the average open world piece, but I think there's only so much you can do with an open world game. The main weakness imo was that it took a while for the narrative to really get rolling, that and the performance of the game on base ps4 for the last ~5-10 hours of gameplay was absolutely fucking awful.

A bit of better writing to better pace the narrative from the beginning, and using modern console power for bigger cooler hordes, and I think a part 2 would be an absolute banger.

But yeah, I guess that's irrelevant at this point and I probably wouldn't have any interest in what this guy is otherwise doing at the moment.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, I said this just yesterday. In 4 years, Bend have shown just a fucking logo. A logo. Just shut that studio down. Those woke devs pushed out their directors for not giving into their forced agenda and couldnt produce anything other than a logo the last four years.

He's at crystal dynamics so he's presumably working on whatever they are doing. (Tomb raider?)

Jeff Ross was at Crystal Dynamics for some time and the other guy is still working on an NFT scam named Ashfall.
I'd like to hear about that then. Hell I absolutely loved Syphon Filter when I was a kid, game was pure fun to me...(I forget which one it was where you shoot the globe/earth glass and drop into the building but as a kid that was sick to me)...

Last edited:
I can see what you mean about the average open world piece, but I think there's only so much you can do with an open world game. The main weakness imo was that it took a while for the narrative to really get rolling, that and the performance of the game on base ps4 for the last ~5-10 hours of gameplay was absolutely fucking awful.

A bit of better writing to better pace the narrative from the beginning, and using modern console power for bigger cooler hordes, and I think a part 2 would be an absolute banger.

But yeah, I guess that's irrelevant at this point and I probably wouldn't have any interest in what this guy is otherwise doing at the moment.
I think the PS5 60fps patch was probably one of the best "60fps patches" out there as far as how it improved the gameplay in a title on console, especially during the night.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I actually just downloaded it to restart it. I only got a little ways in last time but really liked it. Not sure I understand the hate
There is no hate. The game had almost 8 million players before it went free on PSN so around 5-6 million sales not counting used sales. it sold another million on PC.

Game is beloved on youtube and many online communities. The only people who hated it were woke journalists who were upset at a man staring at his wife's ass, his wife making biker jokes, and there being no black zombies even though the game went out of its way to explain the biker joke, the lack of black zombies, and featured lesbians, black women, indian women, interracial romances, and had a christian zealot as the final boss. I was surprised at how progressive the game was considering it was blasted by the woke mob. It was actually one of the few games that had diversity done right. The girl named Patel wasnt defined by her last name. She didnt have an accent. She had her own arc, her own love interest, and her own personality. Her lesbian lover wasnt defined by her blackness. Deacon wasnt defined by his biker gang. He falls in love with a scientist and makes self-deprecating jokes about him being in a biker. Not to spoil anything, but the game features several strong female characters who arent strong because they are physically strong like Abby.

It's diversity done right.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There is no hate. The game had almost 8 million players before it went free on PSN so around 5-6 million sales not counting used sales. it sold another million on PC.

Game is beloved on youtube and many online communities. The only people who hated it were woke journalists who were upset at a man staring at his wife's ass, his wife making biker jokes, and there being no black zombies even though the game went out of its way to explain the biker joke, the lack of black zombies, and featured lesbians, black women, indian women, interracial romances, and had a christian zealot as the final boss. I was surprised at how progressive the game was considering it was blasted by the woke mob. It was actually one of the few games that had diversity done right. The girl named Patel wasnt defined by her last name. She didnt have an accent. She had her own arc, her own love interest, and her own personality. Her lesbian lover wasnt defined by her blackness. Deacon wasnt defined by his biker gang. He falls in love with a scientist and makes self-deprecating jokes about him being in a biker. Not to spoil anything, but the game features several strong female characters who arent strong because they are physically strong like Abby.

It's diversity done right.

Come on bro. You know the core game was fine, but it was a buggy mess that needed massive amounts of updates to clean things up. Stop with the anti-wokeness crap.

I actually liked many things about the game but why does this guy act like it was the greatest game of all time or something? It's not that big a deal that there's no sequel to it. It was a 7/10 game at best.

Top Bottom