• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone director : "Days gone 2 could have released a month ago"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Could HAVE had"

And that's why your game isn't getting a sequel.
Shit, we didn't even get a Bend announcement other than them messing with retro 80's colors teasing days before the Showcase in their logo and virtue signaling how inclusive they are in their new company CULTure months prior.

I would not hold my breath that they will put out something better in terms of appeal for us at this point.

You are going to get all the current year checkboxes of a game, I fear.

Last edited:
200.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Stop capping, it was not. It was a fine game made good after all the updates. Had it launched in the same state as it was 6 months after launch it would have been a 85 on Metacritic.
Amazing how reviewers conveniently pick and choose when to score a game based on performance issues/bugs. It was almost as if their twitters and backhanded lines in their reviews were the real reasons for the scores.

Last edited:

Hugare

I would be do. How can you blame him. The game was fucking awesome but obviously rushed by Sony to release because of how bad the framerate was at launch. There literally isn't anything about Days Gone that's different in something like Ghost of Tsushima. Both are open world, very immersive, great for exploration and have fun combat.
"Rushed by Sony"

Do you see Sony rushing other first party studios to deliver their games?

They gave Bond 6 fucking years. Maybe they needed more time? 8 years?

Wanna compare with GoT? It also took 6 years to develop. But it launched at a much better shape, very polished, has way better pacing, way better exploration with better rewards, way better combat and etc.

They fucked up. Should have polished that turd much more. And now the man is complaining about his own failure.

If you arent able to make a polished game of that size, then its on you to blame. Make something of a smaller scope, more focused, then you wont see your IP being bad reviewed at launch and killed afterwards.

It came out at a time where Sony studios were firing in all cylinders, so it was that much more aparent how unpolished it was compared to other Sony releases.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Well Days gone locked like a proper 1st party game (at the time), and still looks better than 95% of games shown yesterday. At least we could have had a better looking, more polished DG2, and it would, again, be better than 95% of games shown yesterday.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well Days gone locked like a proper 1st party game (at the time), and still looks better than 95% of games shown yesterday. At least we could have had a better looking, more polished DG2, and it would, again, be better than 95% of games shown yesterday.

I agree with this 100%

Braag

Out of the handful or so Sony exclusives that I've played, Days Gone was one of the better ones.

ProtoByte

Hilarious how people ripped on this game for not being "a high enough quality" for a PS First Party Game, only for Sony to now pivot towards cheap, generic ubisoft level shitpost GaaS games like Fairgame$ and Concord.

You get what you deserve.
I mean, 2 things can be true at once.

Sorry, but if you thought rewarding Days Gone with showers of praise would've prevented anything happening now, you're misremembering what that game was and how it released.

I'm butthurt too.

This was probably their best new IP from last gen and had some of the best gameplay systems out of any of their recent games.

A sequel on more powerful hardware where they expanded on the horde mechanics had the potential to be a GOAT zombie game.

One of the highest rated games on Steam at 92% positive overall.

dave-chappelle-shut-the-fuck-up.gif
Absolutely, a very dear and close friend that I grew up with was one of the artist for this game and works for Sony Bend.

Check out his band Vanderwalls on Spotify he’s the guitarist and vocalist

• Fire
Reactions: GHG
Admittedly it wasn't until later on PS+ collection that I finally played it but goddamn was it fun - even more so than HZD. Just a great game warts and all. No sequel but hey, look at all those great gaas trailers we got!

im-fine-little-boy.gif

GymWolf

Amazing how reviewers conveniently pick and choose when to score a game based on performance issues/bugs. It was almost as if their twitters and backhanded lines in their reviews were the real reasons for the scores.
I played on ps4 pro and i'm usually super lucky with bugs but i swear the game wasn't in a worse state than half of the open worlds games released that gen.

Some random slowdowns in certain zones of the map but not much more.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I played on ps4 pro and i'm usually super lucky with bugs but i swear the game wasn't in a worse state than half of the open worlds games released that gen.

Some random slowdowns in certain zones of the map but not much more.
It wasn't, it was a flimsy and bullshit excuse. Especially after Cyberpunk and many other games with issues that were glossed over. Their twitters and throwaway lines in reviews about the gruff CIS white male was the dead giveaway with these fake ass rainbow journalists.

Last edited:
It was bugged when launched and has bad pacing issues with the story. The game doesn't really offer everything untill the 10th hour of gameplay. Way too long for it to start getting good.
Once past the 10 hour make it was awesome but that's a lot to ask if people when playing.

proandrad

We could have had The Order 1887 and 1888 if they would have stuck to their guns. Cowards.

Correction, The Order 1886 was another studio. My bad, got my mediocre game studios confused.

Last edited:

Thyuda

Just played Days Gone 2 a couple of weeks back on PC and damn, what a gem. Super bummed about them not being allowed to make a sequel.

KaiserBecks

Deacon was great, but there are plenty of cookie cutter characters in other franchises for you to play as.

What a weird ass complaint.

That guy is probable the worst written leading character I've ever seen in a game. I'm playing Days Gone right now for the first time and his constant whining and bitching about everything and everyone he interacts with is one of the few complaints I have about this otherwise great game.

Success

Driveclub 2. order 1886 sequel, days gone 2? No, better make spider man 1, spider ma 1.1, spider man 1.2

Insomniac's Spider-man games are some of the finest super hero games in existence.

Driveclub died because it didn't differentiate enough from Gran Turismo.

Order 1886 was a glorified tech demo for retail release.

Days Gone had the worst technical launch of any Sony first party console exclusive.

Beechos

I thought the game was good along with the order 1886 sad neither will get a sequel. What exactly was so bad with this game? I remember some people not liking the gas/refueling mechanic but that's about it.

WoJ

Yeah this. This generation continues to be an underwhelming dud.

skit_data

I think it’s fine to be a little bitter over Days Gones reception but this guy seriously just need to get over it tbh

Thyuda

That guy is probable the worst written leading character I've ever seen in a game. I'm playing Days Gone right now for the first time and his constant whining and bitching about everything and everyone he interacts with is one of the few complaints I have about this otherwise great game.
I disagree, for me Deacon was one of the very few characters in the genre, movie or game, that actually sounds like he's living in an apocalyptic scenario.

Hell, my life is great im comparison and I bitch and moan about way more than he did :p.

Kokoloko85

A month ago? Yeah sure buddy, took you so many years to release Days Gone and it was probably the buggiest first party game all generation (Dont hate on Driveclub)

Plus would of been bad is Sony had another sequel in the making, they need some new IP and Bend wasn’t gonna get the vote over God of War, Horizon, Spiderman, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima

Kokoloko85

I really didn't get the negativity towards this game. I thought it was a standout exclusive game for the platform.

Ill have to try it again, maybe I wasn’t in the mood for it. But it was the only 1st party game i couldnt finish.
The Melee was just subpar compared to just finishing TLOU2

Top Bottom