• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone director : "Days gone 2 could have released a month ago"

SkylineRKR

Days Gone is perhaps my favourite PS4 game released by Sony. But I didn't play it before it was patched, in fact, my entire run was on PS5. They could've trimmed some fat, remove some filler quests, but on the whole I thought it was excellent.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yeah thatā€™s the only thing the game had to offer, a cringy line. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

As a whole DS was a good game sold well, and was well recived by gamers.

Games much worse with less success got sequels.
If the alternative is GaaS then yes I would rather take a sequel to DS rather than GaaS but the game was average at best.

SkylineRKR

This game also sparked my hate for copy paste news sites and no fact checking.

The ride me like I ride your bike quote has context. In fact, its a pretty good reference to their first moment or proposal;

When they first went out or when he wanted to propose, I forgot, she told him she hated typical biker marriages and typical jokes like ride me like your bike. She wanted a different marriage than that shit. Then she said it herself to take the piss.

Really, people who quote the line and base their opinion on that, I can immediately see they haven't played the game and are simply parrotting. And I must admit, I saw it in some reviews too and thought this game had some cringe as shit writing but then I gave it a chance and it wasn't so bad actually. I was surprised the delivery made sense even.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This game also sparked my hate for copy paste news sites and no fact checking.

The ride me like I ride your bike quote has context. In fact, its a pretty good reference to their first moment or proposal;

When they first went out or when he wanted to propose, I forgot, she told him she hated typical biker marriages and typical jokes like ride me like your bike. She wanted a different marriage than that shit. Then she said it herself to take the piss.

Really, people who quote the line and base their opinion on that, I can immediately see they haven't played the game and are simply parrotting. And I must admit, I saw it in some reviews too and thought this game had some cringe as shit writing but then I gave it a chance and it wasn't so bad actually. I was surprised the delivery made sense even.
That line is cringe even with context.

Sleepwalker

I believe Sony was planing to shift funding to their ā€10 GaaS gamesā€ that needed resources. DG2 was the first one to go.

Who knows what else got canned because of their GaaS garbage. I mean DG was a bigger success financially than Death Stranding even. So weird what happend with DG tbh.

Yeah thatā€™s the only thing the game had to offer, a cringy line. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Sony cancelling days gone 2:

'Hey Bend, your game did not meet our expectations so we are not going to go ahead with a sequel. Sorry"

" Sony Bend: Aww too bad but ok"

Sony trying to cancel Death Stranding 2:

"Hey Hideo, Death Stranding wasn't as big of a hit as we hoped so we are not going to provide funding for a sequel, we are sorry"

Kojima: " I will make all my games for xbox then"

Sony: " Just a prank bro dont be like that, ofc we making DS2"

Thyuda

I believe Sony was planing to shift funding to their ā€10 GaaS gamesā€ that needed resources. DG2 was the first one to go.

Who knows what else got canned because of their GaaS garbage. I mean DG was a bigger success financially than Death Stranding even. So weird what happend with DG tbh.

The line isn't even cringe, and you can always tell who played the game and not by the judgement of this single line. It makes a lot of sense in the context of the whole game what Sarah says here.

Yoboman

Days Gone took itself too seriously

Would have been a much better game if it was a bit on the silly side like Dead Rising

Flutta

Banned
The line isn't even cringe, and you can always tell who played the game and not by the judgement of this single line. It makes a lot of sense in the context of the whole game what Sarah says here.
I didnā€™t mind it tbh. Itā€™s mostly the woke crowd that tried to find faults with in the game and some of them attacked it using that line among other things.

If Decon had a gay relationship and they used that same line, no critic wouldā€™ve dared to opened their mouth.

Top Bottom