• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone 2 Petition - Will Sony Listen?

Sethbacca

Petitions are utterly useless. The only thing gained by signing an online petition is a small sense of satisfaction for doing absolutely nothing. I can't recall the last time an online petition did anything that was even remotely relevant.

reinking

Gold Member
I don't really care if they make another one. Not every game needs a sequel
Too bad this isn't reddit so you could down vote me. :)

EDMIX

Days Gone is dead.

Bend is rebooting Syphon Filter, big franchise, low Risk & huge profit.

Everyone on my circle is begging for a new Syphon Filter.

Maybe.

I agree that many want a new Syphon Filter, but by many, I mean few lol I agree that my circle is asking for it too, but shit look at WHAT WE PLAY, I'm playing Xenosaga 1 for godsake , we are not the norm in the first place.

So I disagree that Days Gone is dead as why even spend any energy to put it on PC, unless Sony clearly has plans to grow that install base for that series? Why do a deal with Epic and show off Unreal Real Engine 5 and then NOT HAVE the sequel to the game that used Unreal Real Engine 4? It tells me, they might actually have plans for Days Gone 2, simply NOT RIGHT NOW, simply waiting for UE5 to be done and their work with ND's new IP to be complete. That might be very, very soon too if you consider its been 5 years since Uncharted 4, that team is very likely knee deep in that new IP and to have Bend helping likely means they are looking to push into full production, reveal etc Sony knowing this might mean they don't have plans right now because they need all hands on deck on that new IP and UE5 is not done anyway.

When its done, for all we know they announce some partnership then, show off Days Gone 2 using Unreal Real Engine 5, have Decon in FORTNIGHT lol Who knows.

Next, as hype as I am for Syphon Filter, saying its low risk is BS. Its rebooting of an IP the new generation of gamers has no fucking clue about, its like saying MS is doing low risk with the Perfect Dark reboot. They have to market it as a new IP as we are talking about a solid decade and a half gone and even more for the original Syphon Filter games, so to them.....its not established ENOUGH to say "low risk". They need to spend new IP money to even market that world to new gamers. So I'd argue Syphon Filter reboot can't be called Syphon Filter 4 or 5 lol It must be JUST called Syphon Filter for a reason. So it WAS a big franchise, it needs that new marketing money, that longer marketing time line to introduce the world to new gamers etc.

I agree with wanting one, you have no argument from me on that, simply that we need to be honest with ourselves regarding that IPs marketability to new gamers. To me, established is not simply just old, but continuous, as in we can say Ratchet and clank is an established IP, not because it was, because it still is. A new Ratchet game is coming this gen, came last gen and the gen before that.

When was the last Syphon Filter game? How much did it sell? Maybe the community forgot about that IP to really say low risk. I feel they need way more to get Syphon Filter off the ground then Days Gone 2. Consider all the damn changes that would need to be done to even make it feel like modern titles in 3rd person. They can copy and paste Days Gone 1 to 2 and add in more stuff and be ok....they can't do that with Syphon Filter, so even in that area it needs much more work then I think people realize to call it low risk.

I'm hype like you are hype for one as a older gamer....but I also understand these young gamers don't know about that fucking Gabe Logan life lol I don't even think MOST got the reference to that in Days Gone besides us older gamers lol

I think Bend should legit focus on the new ND IP,

Bluepoint games do a complete remake of Syphon Filter 1 in UE5 taking notes from Bend on concepts they want or need for the reboot. Sony sees if a market exist for the IP as a reboot.

Then have Bend do Days Gone 2 on UE5, ending of the generation they take what they learned from those 2 projects, we get end generation Syphon Filter reboot built from Bluepoint games concept of it that ties into Days Gone or something.

Last edited:

Paasei

Never came around to getting the first game. I might actually do it, now that it's coming to PC. No way I'll get a PS5 to play it for a looooong time anyway. I'll sign it if they make one to return WipeOut, too.

EDMIX

Never came around to getting the first game. I might actually do it, now that it's coming to PC. No way I'll get a PS5 to play it for a looooong time anyway. I'll sign it if they make one to return WipeOut, too.

They did come out with some Wipeout on PS4 a few years back (I might be thinking of PS3 though)

If it is the PS3, then fuck it...I LIED

edit.

ok so they did make one for PS4.

I like how Wipeout been getting releases by Sony since PS1 lol

I forgot this series existed and they've been supporting it every generation.

Last edited:

Paasei

They did come out with some Wipeout on PS4 a few years back (I might be thinking of PS3 though)

If it is the PS3, then fuck it...I LIED

edit.

ok so they did make one for PS4.

I like how Wipeout been getting releases by Sony since PS1 lol

I forgot this series existed and they've been supporting it every generation.
I know you mean well, but that was a bundle of all the games I already own, not a new game sadly enough. The studio that made them is no more either I believe.

bitbydeath

Days Gone is dead.

Bend is rebooting Syphon Filter, big franchise, low Risk & huge profit.

Everyone on my circle is begging for a new Syphon Filter.
Logan died, Days Gone is a Syphon Filter sequel rebranded due to having a new protagonist.

theHFIC

Dark Souls to PC petition

Red Dead Redemption 2 to PC petition

Horizon Zero Dawn to PC petition

Days Gone to PC petition

And thats just some that i can remember
Sorry I meant more where the petition was cited as a reason for the release and that it wasn‘t in developer/publisher’s original plans. Every game has a petition attached to it and some with more signatures and still no release.

Indyblue

Will this petition make days gone 2 a reality? No.
Will Sony listen to this voice? No.

Will Sony make a sequel someday? Maybe but not because of this petition.

Last edited:
Days Gone is just a shooting gallery, nothing fun about setting traps for 100 zombies and that being the core premise of your game. Get rid of that concept and you might have a decent survival game, this IP does have potential.

bender

What time is it?
I hope not. Sony, didn’t you learn your lesson with Knack 2? Don’t listen to these whack jobs.

giphy.gif

Justin9mm

Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.. But Days Gone was a much more enjoyable game then Horizon Zero Yawn.. Hype sold that game, its not that it was a bad game but it was so fucking overrated!

Days Gone 2 should be made... I think there was some learning to be had from the first one and Days Gone 2 could be an amazing game.. I think Bend did a really good job with it being a smaller studio who never attempted something that big before. It definitely deserves more appreciation.

turtlepowa

Banned
They or someone else should definately reuse the horde fights. They were a lot of fun. But otherweise that game had nothing special in it and i don't need a part 2.

SSfox

Unfortunately modern Sony rather listen to some Lucy Obrian or something than the actual gamers.

Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.. But Days Gone was a much more enjoyable game then Horizon Zero Yawn.. Hype sold that game, its not that it was a bad game but it was so fucking overrated!

Days Gone 2 should be made... I think there was some learning to be had from the first one and Days Gone 2 could be an amazing game.. I think Bend did a really good job with it being a smaller studio who never attempted something that big before. It definitely deserves more appreciation.
Imo Horizon was good, tho i myself enjoyed Days Gone more than Horizon tbh

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Whether Days Gone 2 gets made or not will be nothing to do with a petition. It will be based purely on numbers, not necessarily just sales numbers and critical acclaim, but also player engagement metrics of those that did play it. All these things will go into the decision as to whether to green light the game at some point. I imagine if the game is successful on PC then it will increase its chances of getting a sequel, so I hope if you are a fan of Days Gone and want a sequel, that you are not one of these lunatics that don't ever want PS games to come to PC.

LMJ

Did it ever dawn on many of you that Days Gone 2 wasn't canceled outright, but pushed back to potentially be a PS5 exclusive and not cross gen...and that's IF the rumor is true at all which WE DON'T KNOW!

I mean half of you are losing your minds over a RUMOR from a known shit stirrer Schrier...You know the same blacklisting, dissent blocking, dox encouraging asshat work that get's torn apart on these forums consistently...

ZywyPL

Banned
I think DG2 will eventually show up, just not anytime soon, Sony has other, more important projects for the nearest years.

Haggard

Banned
The game was utterly generic and full of technological and design flaws which was reflected in the reviews which were quite a bit below of what Sony is used to for their first party offerings.
Why would they greenlight a sequel in this situation if they have such a large pool of other IPs?

Last edited:

Arun1910

It had mixed reviews at launch but this game really did just seem better at 60fps than sub 30.

I wonder if those initial reviews knocked points off for performance, cause it was pretty dire.

Diddy X

Petitions are utterly useless. The only thing gained by signing an online petition is a small sense of satisfaction for doing absolutely nothing. I can't recall the last time an online petition did anything that was even remotely relevant.

Google "Snyder cut"

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Sony never listened, why should they now?

People are mistaken Sony for making exclusive games because they listen to their player base, where its because its sonys business model and always has been. Nothings changed.

Three

The PC release makes me think Days Gone 2 has been shelved but may make a return as PS5 exclusive. Sony could have moved to the idea of building a franchise on PC then releasing a sequel on their platform if that is the strategy with HZD. We'll see.

Top Bottom