• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone 2 Petition - Will Sony Listen?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Bend is years deep into some other game.

If they ever create Days Gone 2 it would be farmed out to another studio, or come out many years from now. (well, or both.. since if they farmed it out now, it's still years from release)

My guess is they have them building on Days Gone as a game but w/ a different IP. Same open world "engine" (on top of Unreal), driving mechanics, etc. Replace zombies w/ aliens or something.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Long term, probably.

The game sold well enough initially, and if it does well on PC then they might make it happen.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, I don't really think so. It'll bring more attention to the fact that there IS a community that very much wants it. Which I'm sure they're already well aware of.

But with the original not selling gang busters on PS4, they just don't see the numbers, so I don't think they'll think much of it. They'll appreciate the love and want for such a thing, but if the time to develop it doesn't equate success, then they may not even bother.

If the PC release helps quite a bit, maybe it can be swayed. But PC would have to sell VERY well.

EDMIX

Is this petition going to make Days Gone 2 reality, is Sony going to listen to this voice?

I mean shit, you guys are listening to a rumor, ignoring the person that literally WORKED ON DAYS GONE, then asking Sony to not get rid of a sequel they NEVER confirmed they are getting rid of......

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean shit, you guys are listening to a rumor, ignoring the person that literally WORKED ON DAYS GONE, then asking Sony to not get rid of a sequel they NEVER confirmed they are getting rid of......
It%27s_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
Better ask Jim Ryan

Hes the one cancelling the project ( no joke he really did...there was an article about this awhile ago)

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
So far we have a rumor! No facts!

why would they put Days gone on pc and not make a sequel?

also for those who say Sony is only about making profit, it makes more sense on continuing a sequel and build upon it then to start over with a new IP! So, what is it?

TwistedSyn

Yea nope. Done with this. Anymore people who post these petitions are on my blocklist.
These petitions do jack shit.

McCarth

We need more petitions to not cancel games that haven't been announced yet or been confirmed cancelled. This is a big issue that should command significant attention.

Airbus Jr

Banned
lmfao. maybe dark souls to pc everything else was planned way ahead. who asked for days gone on pc?
There was demand for that

Maybe because you dont frequent PC website/discord ( i see you put PS avatar) so you dont know much about it/whats going on behind the stage between these people

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I dont really see the point. Playstation cant have most there studios working on Sequels....
Dont people want new IP?
There gonna make sequels to the more succesful well received IP like Spiderman 2, Ratchet and Clank, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon 2 and God of War Ragnarok.

Really no point in Days gone 2 at this moment when you have all those other sequels, lets have some breathing space and stop making it an issue.

Id rather Bend make something new, or work on an older classic IP. They are working on there biggest project yet supposedly, so its all good either way. Lets not just have sequels on the PS5 please

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Doubt they will listen, about as much chance as Sony saying the PSN store will remain open till we sort out a backward compatibility programme that honours our legacy in this business...

I've been as critical as anyone of Ryan's seeming mismanagement of Sony's first-parties, but this is the dumbest thing to fixate on. Sony doesn't need two different third-person shooter postapocalyptic zombie series. TLoU sells more and is more critically acclaimed (and I say this as someone who hated TLoU2), so it's only rational to cancel Days Gone.

What Sony should be doing is plugging holes in its first party lineup. To me the obvious one is WRPGs - both medieval and scifi. They sell well and Microsoft is on the verge of cornering the market with its Zenimax and Obsidian purchases. I doubt Bend has the chops to pull of a AAA WRPG, but that's what Sony should be figuring out how to make happen - not greenlighting sequels to mediocre games like Days Gone.

cireza

They will start by releasing a 70$ remaster of the first game, and if the sales are okay, might develop a DLC for it and present it as a sequel.

cormack12

Gold Member
Even if they did. It would have to go into preproduction and would be 4 years out probably. Most people will have forgotten by then.

Plus 15,000 people?? That's the same number of staff for one Ubi game isn't it

Dr Kaneda

It's a 60 hour open world game that you can keep messing around in endlessly. It's also FILLED with tonnes of unoriginal cookie cutter gameplay elements. Why do people want a sequel to this straight away?

Let Bend work on a new IP, improve their game development skills, and then that way if they do end up making a Days Gone 2 it'll be significantly better.

Top Bottom