• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bend Studios was planning to work on Uncharted/Days Gone 2

I'm just gonna say it :

Days Gone is THE best Sony open world game.
It's even better than Ghost of Tsushima which was heralded as the 2nd coming of Sony open world games and most definitely better than the Uber padded, bloated Horizon Forbidden west tripe in that it's actually fun to play and its world/map isn't littered with 10085858482882 gobshite icons/collectibles/points of interest, fuxk that shit.

Also, THAT ending really pays off...

On PS5, patched, it's easily an 7.5 - 8/10.

Goddamn is Sony tone-deaf most of the times...it's gonna be God of war and spiderman games til the end of times dammit...
I've played the first 12 hours of Days Gone at least 3 separate times now and still can't bring myself to finish the game. Have it on PS4 and PC. It just wears out for me after too long. I really should push through and finish it some day. I still don't think it holds a candle to Ghost of Tsushima. Not even close, but it is impressive in certain regards. I just found the setting so uninteresting for the type of game it is. Still, I would love to see how Bend could have improved on in a sequel, that swarm tech is very cool.

Last edited:

Fake

I had no idea ps4 disks would run on a PS5...

They can. PS5 selling point so far is the ability to run PS4 disk games, unless you have a PS5 Digital Edition with don't have disk drive. Thats why the regular PS5 sell so much in comparison with the full digital version (80% vs 20%).

LimanimaPT

They can. PS5 selling point so far is the ability to run PS4 disk games, unless you have a PS5 Digital Edition with don't have disk drive. Thats why the regular PS5 sell so much in comparison with the full digital version (80% vs 20%).
How is it possible that I didn't knew about this and I browse neogaf everyday! :D
I'm glad I got the disk version for the kids for xmas...

Edit: what?! PSVR is compatible too?! wow... How ignorant can I be?

Last edited:

Xtib81

I'd be there day one for DG2. I really loved wandering around the world with my bike, and for the first time in a long time, I felt nervous to venture too far in this world, at least for the first 10 hours or so. The atmosphere is top notch.

Last edited:

Exoil

As I've said before I held off on Days Gone because of the reviews and negativity surrounding it. Got around to playing it after the PS5 patch was released and man, what a fun game! The way they build up the atmosphere of the world is top notch, it felt dangerous to be out and about in the world for the first fourth of the game.

I see some guys here call it generic and I don't really see what they mean with it. It's an open world game, I can't really think of a single game that doesn't contain the elements that make a game open world but maybe they call all open world games generic? For me Days Gone is one of the last generations game that's the least generic, both story wise and world wise.

AREYOUOKAY?

vCR71Xy.jpg

"I'll never have a break to play my Playstation..."

Top Bottom