• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: DS2 to be titled Death Stranding 2: On The Beach. Announcement is Imminent

Three

Maybe a Japanese translation? I can see it being called Death Stranding 2: The Beach, but On the Beach is a little weird for a western title.

saintjules

Maybe a Japanese translation? I can see it being called Death Stranding 2: The Beach, but On the Beach is a little weird for a western title.

I'd agree. I have seen less flashy titles though:

Murder on the Orient Express
Death on the Nile
Holiday on the Buses

Last edited:

demigod

Beach Party Running GIF by Party Down South
Is that phil?

Gojiira

Highly doubtful, but Bridget is back or at least a character with the same ‘face’ so who knows maybe the Beach will be the primary setting this time..Idk,but Im hyped either way.
More bosses,interiors,mecha this time please!!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
True Japanese name would be
Grand death: the xxl air to earth stranding on the beach dx

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Kojima figured out open world stealth games sure but the story needs to be simplistic, like splinter cell. The story is too much about super natural "beach things" (Spectral creatures plaquing the world) rather than terrorism.

Audiophile

Gold Member
"Death Stranding 2: The Beach" sounds a bit tighter to me.

"On The Beach" makes me think of breezy daytime tv shows about couples finding holiday homes abroad.

Raven77

Were you around when MGS3 was announced as "Snake Eater"? Like replace "Snake" with any other animal and it sounds insane. That's how it sounded back then.

I, for one, am grateful for our On the Beach overlords.

Snake Eater is a cool name and yes I was around. I'm not sure what you're trying to do besides proving my point.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Death Stranding Reloaded Part 2 Directors Cut Deluxe Big Ol Booty Beaches Edition.

Day one. $249.99. Comes with a statue of Kojima sucking on a pair of big mommy milkers while wearing a diaper himself.

Edit: Game sold separately.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

And we know Kohima has never used dumb names before!
Yes but they were at least cool sounding even if gibberish.This just sounds like someone gave up on the subtitle.There's nothing interesting about it.A 2 year old kid can come up with this....

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Always thought it was funny that "strand" actually means "beach" in German and Dutch.

Phase

Very excited for this. I wonder what obstacles they'll come up with for the second game. I'm thinking we may have some that are less... static. Get crazy Kojima!

proxy-image

Last edited:

Terenty

I have a feeling Kojima will inject more action into the game at the expense of more unique features of the first game to attract more people.

The problem is people who didn't give a shit about the first game won't buy the second part with all its plot related baggage and the fans will be disappointed with a dumbed down experience. Lose-lose situation.

Hopefully Kojima understands that

I have a feeling Kojima will inject more action into the game at the expense of more unique features of the first game to attract more people.

The problem is people who didn't give a shit about the first game won't buy the second part with all its plot related baggage and the fans will be disappointed with a dumbed down experience. Lose-lose situation.

Hopefully Kojima understands that

I loved the first game, but I had the same problem with it as I did with FF16, the narrative becomes extremely abstract as towards the end of the game and it's difficult to follow some of the story threads.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This will be adorably played on the adorable PS5 Pro.

Having said that, and while Kojipro is good with optimization, I have the feeling that this will be another Alan wake 2/FF16 scenario on the normal PS5 in the form of having to choose between a 30fps blur-o-vision (no go on an OLED) and a less than stellar 60fps mode at a not-so-good resolution, OR, having a bad image quality in general like AW2 due to the jaggies/screen space reflections quality (or whatever it's called).

Anyway, this is the exclusive I got a PS5 for, can't wait for the usual Kojima fuckery 😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom