• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Hideo Kojima appears to be on a plane (could be headed in for Gamescom ONL) - Death Stranding 2 trailer incoming?

A user on the GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit has pieced together info from Hideo Kojima's socials with regards to his whereabouts, and apparently he might be heading to Cologne to attend Gamescom ONL. This leads to speculation that Kojima might have something prepared to show during the Gamescom: Opening Night Live that's slated for tomorrow. Perhaps he'll delight us with new Death Stranding 2 trailer?

Posted to his story on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hideo_kojima

Along with Geoff posting that rehearsals are going on: https://youtube.com/shorts/jLGNGcQpkbs

Aligns with HK posting in the edit suite, possibly working on a new DS2 trailer or gameplay footage

h0qIO8Y.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Does Sony show new stuff at Gamescom?

I would think a trailer featuring celebrities would play very well at Game Awards instead.

But this is Keighley/Kojima so all bets are off.

Last edited:

skit_data

Wouldn't Overdose be more likely in this instance? I mean DS2 is already announced, yet there's no official announcement of Overdose afaik (outside of announcing that he's partnering with Xbox) despite footage and info about the game being leaked.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Wouldn't Overdose be more likely in this instance? I mean DS2 is already announced, yet there's no official announcement of Overdose afaik (outside of announcing that he's partnering with Xbox) despite footage and info about the game being leaked.

It was announced that this showcase was more about updates to previously announced titles though, and whatever Kojima is doing for MS is not yet formally announced.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I doubt it. Makes sense that they'd be focusing on DS2. It's much further along and my guess is its a 2024 title.

Geoff said the show will mostly be about updates on games already announced which are slated to release in the latter half of the year and maybe early next year.

image.png

Top Bottom