• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: DS2 to be titled Death Stranding 2: On The Beach. Announcement is Imminent

Draugoth

Gold Member
DS2-working-title-2.jpg

Via billbill-kun

That's one thing we're 100% sure of. A second announcement about the game is imminent. Although we haven't been able to determine the date of this announcement, we estimate that it will take place within the next 15 days.

At the beginning of January, Insider Jeff Grubb mentioned that Playstation's State of Play event would be held "in the coming weeks". We can well expect an announcement during this "eventual" State of Play.

What's more, if we go back a few months, Hideo Kojima's personal assistant posted a photo on X/Twitter of him editing a video. But, most interestingly, we can read (very roughly) the title of the video he's editing, which would look something like: "State_of_Play_XXXX_trailer_DS2".
What is the final title of DS2?

According to our latest findings, the successor to Death Stranding will be called : Death Stranding 2 - On The Beach. This title suggests that the story of this second installment will take place mainly on the sea.
And the available platforms?

Will Death Stranding 2 - On The Beach be available on PC in addition to the PS5? That's one of the pieces of information we're still looking into. Although we've noted the arrival of new games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment on PC, we haven't yet been able to determine their identities.

Last edited:

yurinka

Regarding "State_of_Play_XXXX_trailer_DS2", maybe means that it isn't for the next one but instead for a future one more focused on first party games, as could be the one in late May / June.

Will Death Stranding 2 - On The Beach be available on PC in addition to the PS5?
I'd say that obviously yes, and this time published by Sony unless they signed the full series with 505, which I highly doubt. But not at launch, instead after around a couple years after its original release, as usual in Sony SP games that end being ported to PC.

But I think the "On the Beach" subtitle is fake, I don't see Kojima and Sony choosing such subtitle. I think it will be branded as "DS2" or "Death Stranding 2".

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
yWNvfVP.png

I hope the Neil Young classic is the official soundtrack. If the game is as flawless as this gem with the same name, then yeah. Its gonna be pretty, pretty, pretty good!

I doubt mr indie-pop Kojima would use classic dad-rock in his games though. Or avant garde stuff like P.Glass!
This is rather fitting actually. Would be nice to have it featured in the game.

Raven77

And we know Kohima has never used dumb names before!

It's dumb as in, unoriginal, unimaginative, un-brandable, won't trigger search results properly when people Google it, etc. They would have to be dumb to use this name.

These are all things that go into naming media. Especially extremely expensive media with long shelf lives like video games.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Looking forward to seeing it, I loved the first game. Not too sure about that title though, sounds a bit... on the nose? If it DOES end up being accurate it won't bother me much as long as the game is good.

FingerBang

It won't be called that.

How do I know? I don't, but it's a dumb name and hope I'm right. It also doesn't line up with their history of giving games interesting names.
That's far from the dumbest name they can pick for the new chapter of the series that gave us gems like "You're Mario and I'm princess Beach", "I'm fragile, but I'm not that frageele" and whatever the fuck that brain-damaged Japanese girl section was

ByWatterson

It won't be called that.

How do I know? I don't, but it's a dumb name and hope I'm right. It also doesn't line up with their history of giving games interesting names.

Were you around when MGS3 was announced as "Snake Eater"? Like replace "Snake" with any other animal and it sounds insane. That's how it sounded back then.

I, for one, am grateful for our On the Beach overlords.

XXL

I can't wait for this.

I don't care what it's called, just give a trailer and a release date.

Top Bottom