• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

cormack12

Gold Member
Doe it guarantee you getting one if amazon accepted your order. I mean I know it's not 'guaranteed', but like 99% if your preorder went through you should be good right? RIGHT?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Doe it guarantee you getting one if amazon accepted your order. I mean I know it's not 'guaranteed', but like 99% if your preorder went through you should be good right? RIGHT?

Amazon are great with this stuff 99% of the time.

Doesn't add to basket, damn

I think mine's in the basket, it's just spinning around.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Think I'm gonna do it.....gonna sell my PS4 to get a PS5, it just makes sense.

99% backwards compatibility. Bear in mind Spider-Man will also be on PS4 if that's a key factor for you.

Daffy Duck

99% backwards compatibility. Bear in mind Spider-Man will also be on PS4 if that's a key factor for you.

Spider-Man isn't a factor, it's just sensibility of trading it now to get a better piece of hardware and considering I have a 4K TV it just makes sense to not be so sentimental about the console and go the PS5 route. It's just me, I'm weird in that way.

Last edited:

AV

Camera up on Amazon if anyone really wants that: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08H93MPY3/

Spider-Man isn't a factor, it's just sensibility of trading it now to get a better piece of hardware and considering I have a 4K TV it just makes sense to not be so sentimental about the console and go the PS5 route.

For sure, even without Demon's Souls which I'm excited for, I'd be getting one for Ratchet & Clank anyway, so I might as well play Spider-Man on the new hardware.

I'm also sick to death of the jet engine on my PS4 Pro.

AV

Got one in my basket on AO but the site is all kinds of screwed. Finally got through to the queue for Curry's, position 4990, expected wait time 35 minutes :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Got myself the headset too from Amazon. Hopefully it’s decent. Heard the previous version was decent.

The Shepard

Use that to see available stock, works a treat. It alerts you when stock is in to if you sign up. I got everything I need via it. Headset, charging stations, controllers and PS5's.

Got myself the headset too from Amazon. Hopefully it’s decent. Heard the previous version was decent.

The PS4 vr headset is excellent, really comfortable. I'm guessing this is an upgrade from that.

Last edited:

Giles

Managed to get a disc version along with an extra controller and games from GAME in store. Can’t remember the last time I queued for anything and I still almost didn’t get one. The store ran out of their allocation as I made it into the store then after a lot more waiting and some phone calls they got an additional 10 units located to pre order! Feel like a kid with the excitement lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah if you got an email confirming the order and you placed the order within like the first 5-10 minutes then chill out.

Got mine in at shopto and I’ll see how they got on with that (not holding out hope, but you never know the release volumes till you get there pretty much)

might do a launch day trawl and see if any locals get consoles in for general
Sale. (Watching for crowds of course 😷).

Rolla

Banned
Up on TheGameCollection but it does say 5-7 day delivery, so, not even the following week.

GreenLeadingKingbird-max-1mb.gif

AV

AO have totally taken the listings down, if you had one in your basket the basket page is completely broken. Curry's queue hasn't moved in over an hour and via the site it now says pre-orders are coming soon

This thing is wild

Edit: CURRYS IS MOVING, I REPEAT, CURRYS IS MOVING... Position 4720 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
godspeed ukgaf, stay strong and get those orders in. Think of all the unboxing videos which won't be made come launch day if you waver now.

pHHgm9R.gif
Tbf we will be watching the Americans unboxing the PS5 for a whole week. Sad times man.

AV

Currys worked flawlessly thanks to the queue system, got my disc edition in a hot minute. Keeping my digital pre-order for a mate who's had no such luck.

Good luck everyone else!

Bloody hell - glad I stayed up a bit last night now. Managed to grab a disc version preorder on Game as soon as they went up pretty much.
Not sure I could deal with faffing around this morning.
Not sure if it is retailers or Sony at fault but it feels like a bit of a mess!

cormack12

Gold Member
Currys worked flawlessly thanks to the queue system, got my disc edition in a hot minute. Keeping my digital pre-order for a mate who's had no such luck.

Good luck everyone else!

Have 7 minutes left in Currys. Trying to get another DE for my brother

chonga

Worth pointing out that just because these places have sold out doesn't mean you are not screwed for release day.

The same happened last time. The pre-ordering came in stages. You've just missed out on the first stage. They probably do that to get a read on where they need more stock and where they need less stock over time rather than guessing the entire allocations upfront, not just retailer-to-retailer but country-to-country.

Pleased I was able to get the DE. I came close to getting a Pro a few months ago as I used to have a PS4 and have a digital library. The PS4 never came down in price since launch except for black Friday, so it's not cost much more than I nearly was going to pay.

Skelterz

To be honest it’s been to wait until next year for a Black Friday bundle anyway 😂 you’ll get the console, headset and game for like £400-£500 Mark my wordsz

R3axi0n

Neo Member

In stock with this link

edit: now OOS when adding to basket

Last edited:

DrDamn

I ended up scatter gunning to cover bases as pre-orders went live. Have Game which I'm in the process of cancelling (not a simple click with a guest checkout). Have Smyths and Amazon still. Will cancel one or the other closer to release.

Zero7

I preordered my switch just 2 weeks before launch and still got it day 1. people are making a totally unnecessary fuss about all of this.

FUBARx89

Shopto been out of stock for hours.

I confirmed my pre order with shopto at half 9 this morning for a previously registered intrest one from June.

According to FB posts, they're gonna be working off registered intrests first by date for allocation.

Top Bottom