• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Dosnt the Amazon ones seem like they are selling too quick for how big they are. I wonder if they have had a fall out with Sony and sourcing their own etc.

That's the point, Amazon is Amazon. Everyone is going to try there first. And if they had a "fall out" they wouldn't just sell an arbitrary amount.

Last edited:
Ordered another from Amazon as I’m not too confident about the GAME one I ”preordered” last night, still no GAME email, just a PayPal submission. Shame Amazon didn’t have the digital editions.

Exact same situation for me here. Trust my amazon order. Can we cancel our GAME pre order? I checked out as guest so no email from GAME, just the order number.

Hostile_18

Banned
That's the point, Amazon is Amazong. Everyone is going to try there first. And if they had a "fall out" they wouldn't just sell an arbitrary amount.

Would they not try and acquire some through a different distributor to save face?

Compared to the PS4 that would mean demand is about 6 times or more higher (if the inventory levels were similar for both).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Would they not try and acquire some through a different distributor to save face?

Compared to the PS4 that would mean demand is about 6 times or more higher (if the inventory levels were similar for both).

I couldn't begin to guess how Amazon's internals work, but they definitely aren't choosing to not sell Playstation stuff out of some business spat. It's business, they wanna make money. This thing was always gonna be hot.

cormack12

Gold Member
People sharing that currys link have broken the system, it was a queue that redirected you to another web server. But people trying to be helpful just meant the redirected site which could handle 100 customers was DDoSed by thousands of users trying to access the redirected link directly 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I couldn't begin to guess how Amazon's internals work, but they definitely aren't choosing to not sell Playstation stuff out of some business spat. It's business, they wanna make money. This thing was always gonna be hot.

If that was true though why would it be different for games? Because they definitely had issues with first party titles last year. I doubt the margins are that high for retailers to be super invested, Sony makes it all up on the back end. 😊

cormack12

Gold Member
Shopto is fucked as well. Your preorder isn;t confirmed, until you upgrade your 'interest' to a pre-order. Only problem is that account management system is down.

Hostile_18

Banned
Shopto is fucked as well. Your preorder isn;t confirmed, until you upgrade your 'interest' to a pre-order. Only problem is that account management system is down.

The whole register your interest thing was fucked up. Amazon gave you 9 hours notice and Game about one hour super late at night. 😂

CouzinD

Exact same situation for me here. Trust my amazon order. Can we cancel our GAME pre order? I checked out as guest so no email from GAME, just the order number.

We should be able to as we have the order number..but the account section of the Game site is down and has been since last night. Will have to wait.

Last edited:

AV

If that was true though why would it be different for games? Because they definitely had issues with first party titles last year. I doubt the margins are that high for retailers to be super invested, Sony makes it all up on the back end. 😊

What, Days Gone and Death Stranding were hard to get a hold of on Amazon, really..? Was this news somewhere or was that just your personal experience, because they were constantly in stock when I checked.

Of course Amazon's invested, they may not make much per unit but they sell a lot. No way in hell they're turning down the opportunity to sell this stuff. Hell, I got mine there.

Daffy Duck

I got an order in on Amazon, but I'm really unsure if i'll keep it as to fund the purchase would mean selling my 20th Anniversary PS4 and I don't know if I can do it lol.

Puncheur

I fell asleep 5 minutes before the game pre-orders opened. Managed to get an amazon pre-order but for me the site didn't specify whether it was the disc or digital version, the price was for the disc model. I couldn't find a listing for the lower priced digital model.

The_Verecocha

Neo Member
Physical at Game for midnight pickup. Didn’t have many units to pre order though so was lucky to go straight after a night shift.

AV

I fell asleep 5 minutes before the game pre-orders opened. Managed to get an amazon pre-order but for me the site didn't specify whether it was the disc or digital version, the price was for the disc model. I couldn't find a listing for the lower priced digital model.

If only it was easy to trade, I have a digital and want a disc.

Curry's is straight up offline now, lol.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
What, Days Gone and Death Stranding were hard to get a hold of on Amazon, really..? Was this news somewhere or was that just your personal experience, because they were constantly in stock when I checked.

Of course Amazon's invested, they may not make much per unit but they sell a lot. No way in hell they're turning down the opportunity to sell this stuff. Hell, I got mine there.

This was the conflict I was talking about 😊

AV

This was the conflict I was talking about 😊

Seems like pure speculation. I and most other people I know always buy PS stuff via Amazon with no issue. It's usually Nintendo stuff that sells out super fast for me.

Hostile_18

Banned
Seems like pure speculation. I and most other people I know always buy PS stuff via Amazon with no issue. It's usually Nintendo stuff that sells out super fast for me.

Yeah that's all we can do is speculate but they definitely took down the pre orders. It's most certainly just a power play negotiating tactic to get a better margin. It happens quite often when both companies need each other so they are forced to accept terms not ideal for either.

Last edited:

CouzinD

GAME: if people didn’t get an email right away, you could still be good. This is from Twitter:

Hi, thank you for contacting us. Due to demand, pre-order confirmation emails are delayed on the system. Please allow up to 24 hours from now for this to come through, and remember to check your junk/spam folders. - SH

Last edited:

Puncheur

Game currently has live preorders for a PS5 with charging station for £475.

Scratch that, the site won't let you add it to the basket.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
GAME: if people didn’t get an email right away, you could still be good. This is from Twitter:

Hi, thank you for contacting us. Due to demand, pre-order confirmation emails are delayed on the system. Please allow up to 24 hours from now for this to come through, and remember to check your junk/spam folders. - SH

Post the actual tweet please. THere are lika a thousand different official game store twitter profiles.

Thanks.

Curry's dealing out some irony today.

aif8hN7.jpg

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Imagine been a normal person going to sleep at a reasonable time and waking up to everywhere been sold out lol. Exactly the opposite of what Sony said it wouldn't do.

Calverz

Got the disc version pre ordered. Actually wanted the diskless version but wife said it never showed.
Now all i got to do is book the forklift for the 19th of november to get it into my entertainment cabinet.....

Woffls

Made half an effort to get one from amazon but mobile wasn’t working and I couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed. Probably buying a house this year anyway so a PS5 wouldn’t be the best purchase.

edbrat

Jumped on the Amazon preorder having F5'd like a demented woodpecker from 0900. Why do I get caught up in this shit feel like a lemming, still I'll be mainlining Demons 24/7 from launch day that's all I care about.

cormack12

Gold Member
Missed the Amazon train by 10 mins. Guess I'll be relying on Argos.

Do we know what time preorders will go up?

Argos goes live at 10:00 tomorrow

Thanks for the info. 👍. Sorry to ask more but does VR work on it and will it need the PS5 camera?

PSVR is backwards compatible, you will need a camera adapter for the PS4 camera though. It will be free but you'll have to send away for it (Sony will give details later). The move controllers will still work.

Winkle

Argos goes live at 10:00 tomorrow

PSVR is backwards compatible, you will need a camera adapter for the PS4 camera though. It will be free but you'll have to send away for it (Sony will give details later). The move controllers will still work.
Thanks as I didnt know whether o order a new camera for it as well

Top Bottom