• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

FUBARx89

Wonderful. I've had my interested registered since January and pressed that green confirm pre-order button at like 9am this morning. should have one in the bag if what you're saying is to be believed.

eoJCUz6.jpg

o5MJ83Y.jpg

8W7Z4iR.jpg

From the horses mouth pal.

peetfeet

Shopto been out of stock for hours.

I confirmed my pre order with shopto at half 9 this morning for a previously registered intrest one from June.

According to FB posts, they're gonna be working off registered intrests first by date for allocation.

Wonderful. I've had my interested registered since January and pressed that green confirm pre-order button at like 9am this morning. should have one in the bag if what you're saying is to be believed.
Good news indeed.
I registered back in February and managed to confirm eventually about 10am this morning, I've had no email confirmation yet but I guess it'll pause until they know how many they will have to send out.

Reactions: MrS

Rolla

Banned
The peripherals all sold out on Amazon. The Dualsense is back though.

Meanwhile those UKebay prices are making me sweat lol

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So, I landed two pre-orders. One on Game and one on Smyths.

Thank god I did get the Smyths one as well, because god knows what’s going on with Game. No confirmation email, no pre order listed in account... it’s a problem very many seem to be having. Half expecting an email to tell me the pre order is cancelled 🙄 Smyths pretty reliable in the past though, so hopefully all good 👍

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Simplygames and GAME are not options for me in terms of launch day. They can and will take your money regardless of allocated units or logistic limitations. I've had situations with both where I'm waiting for a game to arrive and didn't.

I went to game today to get a PS5 and they wouldn't take my money so perhaps they're aware of previous mistakes.

Still refreshing amazon.

Zoro7

Banned
So, I landed two pre-orders. One on Game and one on Smyths.

Thank god I did get the Smyths one as well, because god knows what’s going on with Game. No confirmation email, no pre order listed in account... it’s a problem very many seem to be having. Half expecting an email to tell me the pre order is cancelled 🙄 Smyths pretty reliable in the past though, so hopefully all good 👍
I get you're worried about landing one but its really annoying when people preorder 2 whilst only needing one.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shopto been out of stock for hours.

I confirmed my pre order with shopto at half 9 this morning for a previously registered intrest one from June.

According to FB posts, they're gonna be working off registered intrests first by date for allocation.
Had mine registered interest since it went up, didn't confirm till about 13:00 though yesterday😳

Tangerine

I heard 10am too but looks like they went up earlier, already sold out.

Possible. Also possible its s sloppy precursor job getting ready for 10am launch. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Perhaps they are sold out if the post before mine is true :(

Why can't stores stick to the times they state? What an absolute shit show this whole preorder ordeal is. Thanks Sony.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I heard 10am too but looks like they went up earlier, already sold out.

Argos have apparently been live since 5am according to the chat on hotukdeals.
Now looks to have sold out.

Argos pre orders went live at 00:01 today

Why can't stores stick to the times they state? What an absolute shit show this whole preorder ordeal is. Thanks Sony.

What a clusterfuck. Honestly. Retailers are pieces of shit. How hard is it to stick a banner on your website, with a date/time of preorders. Amazon and Currys did well despite me not getting anything on currys.

Weren't Argos saying midnight in replies to people on Twitter? As I said earlier I'm glad I was still awake when Game started theirs - I think I'd have missed out otherwise!

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
How do you know I only need one? And it’s a plastic game box, chill out.
Doesn’t sound like you needed two. And yes it is a plastic box but if you’re taking up two orders just because you need to make sure you get one then you’re a bit of a bellend.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Doesn’t sound like you needed two. And yes it is a plastic box but if you’re taking up two orders just because you need to make sure you get one then you’re a bit of a bellend.

And you’re just pissed off because you didn’t get a pre order in. Stop assuming what other people need or want.

cormack12

Gold Member

To be fair, what else are you meant to do when retailers don't give you assurance?

3oZY8s.jpg

Zoro7

Banned
And you’re just pissed off because you didn’t get a pre order in. Stop assuming what other people need or want.
I actually got one from Amazon and cancelled my Shopto one. Tell me to stop assuming but you just did the same thing yourself. Hypocrite.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I actually got one from Amazon and cancelled my Shopto one. Tell me to stop assuming but you just did the same thing yourself. Hypocrite.

You have no idea what I plan to do with a second Ps5 if both preorders come in. Fuck off. Ignored and reported.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I never confirmed the Shopto one. It gives you an option to either confirm or cancel the pre preorder. So no I didn’t have 2.

Aight. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to get a couple if they can when certain retailers are being super vague about this stuff. Mine's through Currys and I foolishly didn't write the order number down on the page at the time, so I have nothing other than a £5 bank transaction as proof of purchase at the moment.

Zoro7

Banned
Aight. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to get a couple if they can when certain retailers are being super vague about this stuff. Mine's through Currys and I foolishly didn't write the order number down on the page at the time, so I have nothing other than a £5 bank transaction as proof of purchase at the moment.
I said I understand it but I don’t agree with it. That’s all I originally said. The dude started getting aggressive for no reason.

Rolla

Banned
Realised my current headset's getting a firmware update for PS5, phew. Girlfriend's started working from home in the living room while I have a week off to play with this thing :messenger_grimmacing_

If anyone else has a Steelseries headset the compatibility list is here: https://www.androidcentral.com/stee...-arctis-headsets-are-compatible-playstation-5

Arctis pro wireless but your link states that the headset connects via usb dongle. It doesn't. It connects via optical port. I love the audio from this headset and I'm kinda worried it'll be obsolete when the PS5 launches as SS haven't given any official word.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Portugeezer

Gold Member
By 08:30 Argos website had ‘sorry PlayStation 5 is unavailable’ place holders up.

I know you say missed out by minutes but I haven’t seen that message change since that time.
Interesting. I got to payment, then spinning never ended, then it was unavailable. Maybe it depends on area.

Hostile_18

Banned
Did Amazon ever have the charging station available? If they did I missed it. Really hated the staggered release of accessories. I don't think any retailer did this perfectly.

The Nvidia 3000 graphics cards were even worse if you can believe that lol.

Zoro7

Banned
Did Amazon ever have the charging station available? If they did I missed it. Really hated the staggered release of accessories. I don't think any retailer did this perfectly.

Pretty sure they did have the charging station but it sold out super quickly.
Strange that there’s still Dual sense controllers available but no charging stands.

AV

Stereo audio :messenger_downcast_sweat: on PS5

That's a problem considering the loss in audio fidelity.

Yeah, I'm not gonna be using them all the time, for me it's an emergency situation where I don't wanna disturb the person working behind me while I'm off work for that first week.

They had it, yeah, nearly everything's gone now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom