• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't think it will be that hard if you order from two different places at roughly the same time. If Sony do like Microsoft are you'll have advance warning on the day pre-orders open.

Yeah hopefully.
I've never had any trouble getting my consoles day one in previous generations. Was just worried that this time they will be really supply constrained.

Give us the pre order date now Sony!

Save a spot for my boi Stuart360 Stuart360
3FraW7p.png

Hostile_18

Banned
Game UK now available to pre-order.

I pre-ordered the Disc version with an extra controller for £510.

I may well go with Amazon but incase they launch pre orders at a time I miss at least I've secured a day one console.

Still want to hear more about BC but glad Demon Souls isn't PC exclusive or I'd have spent a lot more money getting a PC

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
No one a bit annoyed they don't count UK as important..

Yeah I was irritated. Given how strong X Box is here as well as America. I think it's simply logistics that are already in place though. They probably rushed America to meet the X Box launch. Places like Australia is a weird choice but it's probably coincidental to when the stock would naturally be available.

Outside of my pettiness it's only 7 days 😉

JMZ555

I got a pre-order in with GAME but my mate works for Currys and says he thinks he can get 20% off so i may switch if true, will find out when he works 2mz.

Hostile_18

Banned
I got a pre-order in with GAME but my mate works for Currys and says he thinks he can get 20% off so i may switch if true, will find out when he works 2mz.

I'd be surprised if discounts work on consoles, the margin is so thin as it is. 😊

Last edited:

dyergram

Got a disc version (wanted digi tbh) from smyths toys which my gf thinks is hilarious. Might pre order another from somewhere else if I can get the digital anybody pre order from there before?

itsnotme

Anyone else not getting a confirmation email from game? However I check my account and they've taken £1 deposit off already

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Something tells me they aren't making many digital versions. I ended up getting a disc version ordered from GAME. O registered to pre-order with Shopto at the start of the year, so hopefully will be able to get a digital from them tomorrow, then see if a mate wants to take the disc one.

Tried Game but their whole website is a mess at the moment. Can't log into my account, and when I try to actually pre-order one, an error comes up as soon as I try to pay for it. Shopto probably won't start taking pre-orders till around 8 or 9am. Although, Shopto did take 1p from my account back in June... and it does come under pre-order in my account. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyone else not getting a confirmation email from game? However I check my account and they've taken £1 deposit off already

Same here, didn't get a confirmation email. I have the confirmation page though and order number. My brother ordered a few minutes after me and got a confirmation email straight away. Getting a bit worried now..

I don't think they've sold out at all. I think they may have stopped people from pre-ordering them. They weren't supposed to start pre-orders till the morning in any case.

As I said, the Game website is a mess at the moment. Can't log into my account, and you get an error message as soon as it's about to take the payment.

itsnotme

Same here, didn't get a confirmation email. I have the confirmation page though and order number. My brother ordered a few minutes after me and got a confirmation email straight away. Getting a bit worried now..
Yeah same here called my mate and he pre ordered after and got the email but he didn't get the money taken out whilst I'm the opposite

Rolla

Banned
Stay away from simplygames. They're just like GAME and will take your money regadless of stock allocation.

Kupfer

Yesterday after the livestream I updated all current shops - nothing. This morning I look again and all shops are sold out. There was no announcement about the pre-order, how can you get a console if the pre-order starts quietly and secretly at 1am at night. That is so stupid. And I certainly won't pay anybody on eBay money for it, who wants to get rich at the expense of the fans.

Dokku

Yesterday after the livestream I updated all current shops - nothing. This morning I look again and all shops are sold out. There was no announcement about the pre-order, how can you get a console if the pre-order starts quietly and secretly at 1am at night. That is so stupid. And I certainly won't pay anybody on eBay money for it, who wants to get rich at the expense of the fans.
Very has the ps5 in stock right now.

The Shepard

Only game and smiths went up to my knowledge, argos are Friday, amazon are from 9am today

Hostile_18

Banned

9am for Amazon 😊

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Holy crap that was effortless. Pre-ordered on Amazon :)

Not sure if I'll keep it...just preordering for the sake of it. I might decide I do want it lol. It's a back up if I can't get the Xbox or decide not to get it.

Dibils2k

This is the thread i need! Is Amazon not gonna have digital version?? i want that one

might have to wait for other shops then

GymWolf

Gs already has my money, if they can't secure one i'm gonna crossgen their asses like sony did with us.

Top Bottom