• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

nush

My mum trying to book a secret 4 day break, no doubt thinking that it would show her husband and I that we can't do anything without her because we're men and thus don't know how to cook or clean.

Except her plan has come unstuck from the first step. I closed the curtains next to her mac and saw that the hotel booking she was trying to make in secret had hung on the confirmation screen. (I refreshed anyway like a helpful son)

Normally she would ask me for help, but she's trying to be secret so she came back couldn't fix it and just shut the mac down.

we're men and thus don't know how to cook or clean. But we sure know computers... and in fact can cook and clean.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My mum trying to book a secret 4 day break, no doubt thinking that it would show her husband and I that we can't do anything without her because we're men and thus don't know how to cook or clean.

Except her plan has come unstuck from the first step. I closed the curtains next to her mac and saw that the hotel booking she was trying to make in secret had hung on the confirmation screen. (I refreshed anyway like a helpful son)

Normally she would ask me for help, but she's trying to be secret so she came back couldn't fix it and just shut the mac down.

we're men and thus don't know how to cook or clean. But we sure know computers... and in fact can cook and clean.
Your posts remind me of why I stopped going home for summers after I left for college. First time back: wow I’ve been living in another state for 9 months and you still expect me to check in with where I’m going and have a curfew. Second time back: wow I’ve been living in another country and you still expect that shit, I better find a way to never live here again.

I’ll be in my 40s sooner than I’d like to admit and my mom still tries to baby me when we go over for dinner or whatever. But: free babysitting at least once or twice a month

nush

Your posts remind me of why I stopped going home for summers after I left for college. First time back: wow I’ve been living in another state for 9 months and you still expect me to check in with where I’m going and have a curfew. Second time back: wow I’ve been living in another country and you still expect that shit, I better find a way to never live here again.

I’ll be in my 40s sooner than I’d like to admit and my mom still tries to baby me when we go over for dinner or whatever. But: free babysitting at least once or twice a month

That's exactly it, I get treated like the same teenager that left home as soon as I could to get independence. Like there's been no progression in my life EXCEPT when recognizing me as an adult is to her advantage.

A 20 minute phone call to check in one a week or so was enough. She moved to another part of the country near my brother as she thought it would mean she'd see him more and he and his girlfriend still only budget a 1 day visit in six weeks. I'm sure he used the excuse that she lived far away so he couldn't see her more.

Her insecurity, fueling neediness and manipulation are off the scale and she's driven everyone away from her all her life. But of course that's because "Everyone is mean to her, for no reason" Honestly, I think she never got over not being one of the popular girls.

Friday, I'll hear if I actually got that job or not.

nush

Well, I didn't get the job, I was in the lead until they interviewed a woman just this week that had done the same role for one of their competitors.

sheit-well.gif

I would make some badass parody threads on HighPoly, but I'm on gaf probation right now. :(

What were the warnings for?

I think I've had two warnings. One was for frequently posting a meme of a nonce that worked for Sony Interactive Entertainment. I have no idea what the other one was for.

I've had a few images removed and then I see others post exactly the same image without issue 🫨. I'm genuinely shocked I've not received more warnings or permanently banned to be honest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom