• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Gaf I’m devastated…

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
My Destiny account has been banned and all my stuff is gone…

Few weeks ago my steam account was hijacked (thanks to Comcast breach). I got it back quickly but made a fatal error, I neglected to boot off logged in users…

I go to log onto destiny last night and my account was banned…. Been in Apple Vision Pro land for a few weeks so didn’t notice (happened on the 2/9 looks like). Looking at my played games someone was playing pvp and guess was cheating (no clue how to tell really).

Now I’m sure I can appeal the ban, and I have started the process but thats when I noticed the worst thing. All my upgraded exotics, crafted weapons and god rolls have been deleted…

I don’t think I can come back from this Neo Gaf…. Think I’m done with Destiny even if the account is unbanned.

Destiny was the only thing keeping me gaming.

Pour one out for my poor warlock, 1000s of hours down the drain…

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Maybe this will rekindle my love of single player games down the line.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Maybe in the appeal proccess Bungie can do some sort of rollback feature for your account, but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

I'm sure they will unban your account if you explain the situation but hearing that all that time went to waste is disheartening.

I think you should just quit live service games in general, your time and money is best spend on various games.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Can't imagine the process of getting unbanned being easy, but it is achievable if you can prove you were hacked. But reversing the item changes will probably never happen. On the bright side, a lot of GaaS games are on the horizon to consume your time, personally I'm looking forward to Marathon.

Warnen

Maybe in the appeal proccess Bungie csn do some sort of rollback feature for your account, but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

I'm sure they will unban your account if you explain the situation but hearing that all that time went to waste is disheartening.

I think you should just quit live service games in general, your time and money is best spend on various games.

Looks like they don’t give back deleted items no matter what.

Yeah think I’m just done played that game for nearly 10 years…

Prob take a break from gaming for a while and go back to single player games.

Last edited:

.hacked

I am with you brother! Going to delete game when I get home (haven’t log in for months but I’ll never play again without you).

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Does steam have 2FA? Serves you right for not setting it up. Only joking that sucks, hopefully you can get it unbanned if they can see it was no fault of your own.

Generic

My Destiny account has been banned and all my stuff is gone…

Few weeks ago my steam account was hijacked (thanks to Comcast breach). I got it back quickly but made a fatal error, I neglected to boot off logged in users…

I go to log onto destiny last night and my account was banned…. Been in Apple Vision Pro land for a few weeks so didn’t notice (happened on the 2/9 looks like). Looking at my played games someone was playing pvp and guess was cheating (no clue how to tell really).

Now I’m sure I can appeal the ban, and I have started the process but thats when I noticed the worst thing. All my upgraded exotics, crafted weapons and god rolls have been deleted…

I don’t think I can come back from this Neo Gaf…. Think I’m done with Destiny even if the account is unbanned.

Destiny was the only thing keeping me gaming.

Pour one out for my poor warlock, 1000s of hours down the drain…

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Maybe this will rekindle my love of single player games down the line.
I know this feel. My first Steam account was hacked and banned :(

Warnen

Does steam have 2FA? Serves you right for not setting it up. Only joking that sucks, hopefully you can get it unbanned if they can see it was no fault of your own.
It does and was set up, Comcast was hacked and someone got access to the email I was using at the time. Reset the info on me. I got my account back within few hours. My mistake was didn’t kick users logged in already as I assumed resetting my info fixed that.

nkarafo

Never put your trust in things you can't control. When you can't backup something yourself assume you are going to lose it someday. Lower your standards when it comes to games as a service and maybe don't put so much effort and time to a bunch of save files in a remote server half a planet away.

Although I've been on a Destiny 2 break for some time now, this would legit be a nightmare as someone who has put over 2k hours into Destiny 2...

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I got a VMU hack on the OG PSO back on the best console ever made the Dreamcast.

All files deleted. Hundreds of hours on PSO with the rarest weapon gone, nearly completed Skies of Arcadia, nearly completed Resident Evil Code Veronica, all my finished Shenmue 1 and 2 saves. All gone in a second.

I legit cried. I feel your pain. Especially as I have put thousands of hours into D2 myself and know how horrible those raid RNGs are. Sorry man.

NEbeast

If it truly was hacked they should un ban you. Hopefully you didn't pay for a flawless as those guys are notorious for cheating and getting accounts banned.

Last edited:

Bond007

Shame, i can only imagine having lost my Destiny stuff at the height of me playing.
If it makes you feel better- Bungie doesnt respect people's time and just make all your stuff mostly useless in the next expansion.

Go back in then, lol

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It does and was set up, Comcast was hacked and someone got access to the email I was using at the time. Reset the info on me. I got my account back within few hours. My mistake was didn’t kick users logged in already as I assumed resetting my info fixed that.
That sucks. Hopefully you will get resolved. Not nice having your privacy invaded like that and then the after effects on top of it. Good luck getting bungie to sort you out, be interested to know how they respond if you can query this.

DaGwaphics

Seems like quite an oversight on Steams part to not automatically close out all the existing sessions along with a password reset. Hopefully you get your stuff back.

In the meantime, use this time to try some new games.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I was grinding through the FFXIV main story quests on a new character to get to the Endwalker content. I made it partway through Stormblood, and then just before Christmas I got a two week ban. I contacted Square Enix to find out why as the verbiage was vague. After three days they told me they couldn't tell for certain what I did to cause the ban, but it was likely for modding or because I said something inappropriate in the chat. I told them I did neither of these things, and I asked why they couldn't verify the ban reason. They told me the ban is final (ignoring my question entirely), and they ended the support ticket. I've been able to play it since early January, but that was so off-putting that I'm just done. And that wasn't even close to wasting 1,000+ hours.

Square-Enix email:

Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on Dec 20, 2023. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

------------------
SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE AND OUR PRIVACY POLICY
1. Registered Users
Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
(b) You represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information;

FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement
3. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
------------------

Every account action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.
Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

The suspension will last a minimum of 10 days starting Dec 21, 2023 0:00 until Dec 31, 2023 0:00 during which time you will be unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV. You will lose access to the service account for the duration of the suspension. To best understand the penalties taken against the service account, please review the Account Penalty Policy section on the Support Center at the following link:
support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1

For information on prohibited activities in FINAL FANTASY XIV, please refer to the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, and the following URL:
support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68216

As your account has been suspended due to a violation, you will be unable to create another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account for the duration of the suspension. If we find that you have created another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, we reserve the right to suspend that account as well in our sole discretion. Any further violations may result in termination.

If you suspect the violation resulted from unauthorized access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or if there are other points you wish to clarify, please review the following information on the Square Enix Support Center.
support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68228

This message has been sent to you for notification purposes only. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you visit the
SQUARE ENIX Support Center at [support.na.square-enix.com/].

- SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator

That was super helpful (sarcasm), especially since the PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES section of the user agreement deals with potential consequences for violating the Terms of Service, but all of the ban reasons should be in section 2 (which they did not provide, either in the original email or in the follow-up support case).

Terms of Service link:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=users_en

Metnut

IMO this might be the best thing that ever happened to OP. You spent too many hours on Destiny dude. It’s not a great game. Seems like you were just chasing dopamine.

So many good games came out in 2023 and 2024 is loaded too. Time to try something new. You’re finally free!

Warnen

IMO this might be the best thing that ever happened to OP. You spent too many hours on Destiny dude. It’s not a great game. Seems like you were just chasing dopamine.

So many good games came out in 2023 and 2024 is loaded too. Time to try something new. You’re finally free!

Yeah it was an addiction, I was planing to quit anyways game is in a horrible state atm. Already unfollowed my destiny twitter and YouTube stuff months ago. Only a few hrs into spider man 2, prob give that a go when the shock and disgust wears off.

Sleepwalker

As someone who has been banned from some games in the past and/or lost accounts in others. It gets better eventually, you just gotta move on.

Top Bottom