• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The mobile GAF website is really, really good

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Please forgive my obvious post, but I haven’t been active on GAF for a few years. When did the mobile site become so good? I’m serious. It looks great on iOS, with a custom orange notch header. Pull-down refresh. A great nav bar with notifications on top. Lots of functionality, but minimal bloat.

I don’t know, I guess I’m just impressed. I rarely use forums anymore, so it’s nice to see how modernized GAF is. Especially since this isn’t even a native app.

Shoutouts to the site admins. I’m glad this site is still awesome.

HUELEN10

Damn, haven't seen you in years old friend...

But yes, mobile site is really good, I even sometimes use mobile UI on the desktop side-docked to other windows; works great!

Jennings

what do you mean? Alerts for me on mobile are top right corner
I mean alerts haven't been showing up there for me ever since a recent site upgrade, I have to dig through menus to see them. This is in Android Chrome v101.0.4951.61 on a Samsung Galaxy s6 Active

Last edited:

Tams

Call Out Jensen Ackles GIF by ABC Network

Mistake

Sometimes I need to click a thread twice to make it load, but the site UI is definitely top notch and easy on the eyes

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn, haven't seen you in years old friend...
Dude, it’s so great to see you here! It’s been quite a while. Same to you, EviLore! Great to see old pals hanging on this site.

Vestal

Gold Member
Not to draw comparisons with the other place.. But in the past I had felt GAF had fallen behind in regards to the mobile side of presenting the site. This update is pure FIRE.. Love the design and aesthetics.. Leaps and bounds better than the "competition".

To the staff... BRAVO!
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

HoodWinked

ya i guess when things just work you take it for granted like that's the way things ought to be. when in actuality it could be much worse.

Wolfe

Yeah I've honestly got no complaints, era on the other hand I hate visiting on mobile cause it's an ad riddled mess (yeah I read era too, cry about it if it bothers you).

Top Bottom