• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

UpLlk84.png

Toots

Gold Member
Or on me! And don't forget poor nush nush !
True, but here i was talking about tailoring slanders specifically about the user (supposed) country of origin. You i only talk about your husband proclivities !
Anyway you still you all had the decency to not report me (even though you all could have made an effort on your gif game :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Your post give me the feeling there's still some undigested stuff about this affair, so, i'm truly sorry if i hurt you or anyone with any of my posts here. I don't mind offending people, but i don't want to hurt or make anybody feel sad. If something i say hurt you, tell me about it. Im pretty sure by talking we'll find common ground and you'll get that i never mean harm with anything i post here.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How are you feeling? Better I hope.

Yeah, temp averaging between 99 and 100.5~6, low grade fever persisting still so taking panadol every 2 hours.

I did not have any of the 'loss of taste/smell, coughing' symptoms, the only thing I had was the highest fucking fever I've ever had in my life. At one point it was 104*.

Thankfully looks like it's on the downswing now.

Thaedolus

I've started experiencing winter asthma and boy is it scary!

0v2WfER.gif
I just get those dry bloody boogers that feel impossible to blow out my nose from the lack of humidity. So then I guess I start mouth breathing while asleep and wake up completely parched. We have a humidifier but it’s use elsewhere as my kid has a cough

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah, temp averaging between 99 and 100.5~6, low grade fever persisting still so taking panadol every 2 hours.

I did not have any of the 'loss of taste/smell, coughing' symptoms, the only thing I had was the highest fucking fever I've ever had in my life. At one point it was 104*.

Thankfully looks like it's on the downswing now.

You say you have not noticed a loss in taste, but have you had any urge to buy and play the new Suicide Squad game? My friend started playing and it was pretty apparent quickly that he had lost all sense of taste at that point.

Last edited:

Kilau

I just get those dry bloody boogers that feel impossible to blow out my nose from the lack of humidity. So then I guess I start mouth breathing while asleep and wake up completely parched. We have a humidifier but it’s use elsewhere as my kid has a cough
What is this lack of humidity you speak of?

mKxySRe.jpg

nush

My mum trying to convince me to get a car instead of commuting if I get this job, not realizing when I said I'd be getting my own place I meant in that town not the one where I'm living with my mum right now. So no need for a car. But I know her ulterior motive was that she would expect me to be her personal taxi at any time, taker her for days out every weekend, volunteer me to drive her friends around, etc

d7dzfuh-d4bb9e3e-9307-4bee-8ac6-ea8169e9b745.gif

nush

Aye, I've seen some good people lose their jobs over smoking weed on the job. 🚬

I knew this one stoner who had a night warehouse job. One night he has a small accident and as was company policy he was drug tested, but due to the risk of just drug testing one person and being accused of discrimination the company drug tested all the night warehouse staff. 30% of them failed and were fired.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I knew this one stoner who had a night warehouse job. One night he has a small accident and as was company policy he was drug tested, but due to the risk of just drug testing one person and being accused of discrimination the company drug tested all the night warehouse staff. 30% of them failed and were fired.
30%? Yikes!

nush

More job application fun.

Thanks for applying to xxxxxx. To improve our hiring practices, we are asking that you complete our anonymous survey. It’s optional, but your help would be greatly appreciated.

so, the "anonymous" survey asked. Pure DEI questions. But if you try to retake the test it tells you you've already taken it... "anonymous". So I applied for another job there (I don't want) so I can screencap the insanity of fuck you CIS white guy, foreign gender-specials will get a leg up in our process.

I already answered the survey aiming for maximum DEI points anyway.

Edit: Here's the caps

tYdfvUm.png
PdlNhuw.png
ySdzoPX.png
fcmEN4r.png
H8GNDF7.png
MOgj7Ba.png

Last edited:

Delphisage

Why would they list "Gypsy" in this? I thought that was supposed to be politically incorrect.
Also where's Slavic on this list and why is there all the British Isles regions while still just listing "British"?

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Cancer isn't a disability it's a disease.
I never felt "disabled" when dealing with my cancer. Just a bit weak, pissed off and determined 😁

EDIT: I also see unlimited comedy Gold potential with all the combos you could make on that application.

Last edited:

T8SC

More job application fun.

so, the "anonymous" survey asked. Pure DEI questions. But if you try to retake the test it tells you you've already taken it... "anonymous". So I applied for another job there (I don't want) so I can screencap the insanity of fuck you CIS white guy, foreign gender-specials will get a leg up in our process.

I already answered the survey aiming for maximum DEI points anyway.

Edit: Here's the caps

tYdfvUm.png
PdlNhuw.png
ySdzoPX.png
fcmEN4r.png
H8GNDF7.png
MOgj7Ba.png

so-what-is-it-cat.gif

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Smashed that job interview, 2nd interview lined up already. Recruiter feedback was that they were very impressed, especially with my China experience as they have a facility in China so they can see me being a good interface.
yeah, I'd have to imagine you'd be more qualified than 99.9% of the applicants.

They're just going through the motions at this point.

nush

yeah, I'd have to imagine you'd be more qualified than 99.9% of the applicants.

They're just going through the motions at this point.

It's not even a China specific roles I interviewed for but the recruiter did make a good point on my behalf. "The difference is that he's a British national that has been out there for many years working in manufacturing".

19509213.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kilau Kilau are you using Mullvad VPN these days? It's stopped working for me for the last 2 days, which is kind of an annoyance overseas. It looks like it's connected but nothing loads and after a few seconds I get the connected notification again, like it's doing it on and off.

Kilau

Kilau Kilau are you using Mullvad VPN these days? It's stopped working for me for the last 2 days, which is kind of an annoyance overseas. It looks like it's connected but nothing loads and after a few seconds I get the connected notification again, like it's doing it on and off.

I do have a current sub for some light sailing. Seems to be working. You can check https://mullvad.net/en/servers to see if the ones you are trying are down.

Top Bottom