• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which GAF members have the best tastes in Gaming?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Not even one mention so far...

Kermit Suicide GIF

somesang

I’ve been a user for a little bit and something I’ve learned is we all have shit taste and are wrong about the industry on a daily basis.

While I have the equipment to game, I just play Pokemon Sleep and watch Gamers on Twitch these days. Taste in games is irrelevant when it's just a stream of content. Better on Twitch then. I can actually afford it, and the burden of cost falls on the streamer.

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
It would have to be someone who doesn't have a bias for any given platform, plays a wide variety of genres, and thinks critically enough to call a game good or bad based on its own merits, rather than the zeitgeist.

Katajx

Gold Member
That would be hard to judge. People can be pretty diverse about things they like in their games. I do like to try to understand differing opinions.

I like getting surprised by the people that it seems like I never agree with, and then you wind up having a decent discussion about a mutual interest unexpectedly.

kunonabi

No clue but considering how contrarian my tastes tend to run I doubt anybody really matches with up with me. My rankings and tastes tend to always make people think that I'm making shit up just to troll.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes is the only one I noticed, cause he likes live service games, especially if they're F2P and first/third person shooters.

That's the games I can drop 1000's of hours into with the lads and that's why I appreciate those games the most.

Shenmuefan2000

Neo Member
Here are my favourite games of all time:

1. Shenmue 1-2
2. DKC 1-3
3. Halo 1-3
4. GTA San Andreas - Vice City
5. Shadow Of The Colossus
8. TMNT Turtles In Time
9. Super Mario 64
10. Perfect Dark
11. RE remake
12. Batman Arkham Asylum - City
13. F Zero GX
14. Prince Of Persia Sands Of The Time
15. Goldeneye 007

Bingo, I have the best taste in games. Peace!

Laieon

Everybody that enjoys From Software and/or Kojima games has good tastes in my book.
Everybody that enjoys From Software and/or Kojima games has bad tastes in my book.

Unless the From Software game you like is Lost Kingdoms, then you're cool.

Aion002

Everybody that enjoys From Software and/or Kojima games has bad tastes in my book.

Unless the From Software game you like is Lost Kingdoms, then you're cool.
I like all FS games (minus Ninja Blade) and I can understand people not liking Souls, AC, Kings Field and other games like Otogi and Echo Night... But disliking Kuon?

Walking Glancing GIF

Laieon

I like all FS games (minus Ninja Blade) and I can understand people not liking Souls, AC, Kings Field and other games like Otogi and Echo Night... But disliking Kuon?

Walking Glancing GIF

I don't like FromSoft's library (again, outside of LK), so I'll be in honest in saying I've never heard of that.

Looked it up and I'm a horror fan, so the description was already up my alley then I saw "The gameplay was designed as an evolution of the company's earlier title Lost Kingdoms", so you might've just introduced me to something that I need to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom