• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you frequent any specific sites for gaming news?

hinch7

Nope, GAF and Youtube has me pretty much covered for gaming news. Haven't visited many any gaming sites for news in a long, long time.

GAF really, or just google/youtube search “upcoming games” but mainly just GAF.

I used to use twitter because everything breaks there first, but it wasn’t worth the snotty community. I’m OK getting my info like 20 mins later. Doesn’t change anything in the grand scheme of things.

killatopak

gaf, youtube, facebook.

I don't exactly look for them. If I see something that personally interest me, I check gaf first and make a thread if there isn't one already.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Time of gaming websites is long dead.
You go here, youtube, reddit and twich. maaaaaybe twitter

Kuranghi

GAF, youtube notifications from publishers & developers and yt notifications from some youtubers for smaller titles.

Neon Xenon

Gematsu, NeoGAF, certain YouTube channels, and that's about it. Anything else, I'll find posted on Discord servers that I frequent.

Among the many issues I've had with various gaming news sites that I used to frequent many years ago, the single biggest problem I took with them is that they didn't stick to the news. I still look at sites like Kotaku and Niche Gamer as two sides of the same insufferable coin.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I use a news aggregator, that has a bunch of bad websites. It is the only way I can get anything, my works blocks all gaming websites.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Nope, not anymore. Only need Draugoth Draugoth

Gaf, but reeeee sometimes is faster.

Draugoth Draugoth @IbizaPocholo get your shit together boys.

hair-adam.gif

Holammer

I used to frequent Nichegamer but their stuff and comments got a little... militant? After that I pretty much use YouTube and Neogaf to keep me informed.

I guess iv just lost all faith in the traditional style game sites, I joined Neogaf at the point I felt I couldn't visit Nichegamer anymore... sorry dude got nothing.
Niche mellowed out a little, but they don't shy away from culture war stuff.
I basically get everything via GAF, Twitter & friends + my own research.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whatever shows up of GAF is good enough. All the main game news, social media posts and best of all..... hilarious corporate culture employee tweets end up being posted here at some point.

I havent checked any big gaming sites for years.

Kacho

GAF, YouTube and Twitter is all I need.

I do enjoy RPG Codex on occasion since they focus primarily on RPGs. They open my eyes to smaller games that don't get mentioned here.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I stick with GAF and MMO Champion for my news. Plus whatever may pop up on the PlayStation, Nintendo, or PSVROnParole YouTube channels.

You use something other than NeoGAF??

star wars lack of faith GIF

In response to OP, I rely on NeoGAF to tell me what I need to know. Why use other sites when people like Draugoth Draugoth , Bernoulli Bernoulli , and Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives are just going to tell me what they're saying anyway.

Also, I like my gaming news like I like my women. Verified.

Last edited:

_Ex_

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I used to check GameSpy daily when they pivoted to being a PC-centric site, but nowadays GAF fills all my needs.

SpiceRacz

Well, since Waypoint went under, it’s mostly Kotaku, Polygon, and Resetera these days. I also use X strictly to follow Jason Schreier for news.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
No not anymore. Usually Gaf Reddit and Nintendolife and the rest yeah maybe YouTube ? But to be honest I’m out the loop

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Nah. It's impossible these days. And I'm not even talking about click bait headlines or inflammatory articles. It's just that ads are unbearable. There is always like 5 videos playing anywhere in a page where I try to read a article, and also overlays asking to activate notifications, subscribe to newsletter, accept cookies, blergh.

Top Bottom