• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which GAF members have the best tastes in Gaming?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Fbh Fbh seems to have the closest tastes to my own from what I’ve seen, so I think he has the second-best taste in gaming after myself.

We are the most refined and sophisticated members here
pabst-blue-ribbon-dennis-hopper.gif

• Strength
Reactions: Fbh

Toots

Gold Member
Is it a clever ploy to know which gaffer house to visit because you're tired of stealing just lunches and want to up your game ?

SHA

Obviously the least you would think of are the ones who list all the exclusives, cause it just doesn't make any sense, you can't be normal and like all the exclusives at the same time.

Kerotan

Well this is going to be a long list but I'll touch a bit on each group of users I'll be mentioning:

@GHG @DeepEnigma @Topher @Heisenberg007 for well thought out takes on various gaming related things, with emphasis on business side of the industry and also the big 3.
rofif rofif @StereoVsn Rocco Schiavone Rocco Schiavone forever physical gang
@cormack12 @mortal @Draugoth for making great OTs.
@NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme @SlimeGooGoo For having great taste in waifus.
@Luminoth-4545 @Woopah Good at reading HW and SW sales data and correctly interpreting trends in various markets.
@adamsapple for knowing all there is about the Xbox ecosystem and keeping some of the gafers that like to give hot takes about Xbox in check
Kerotan Kerotan for being a bit too passionate about home console sales figures.
@drganon @graywolf323 for calling out stupid takes on GAF and also for having good taste in JRPGs.
@SlimySnake @GymWolf For talking all day long about graphical fidelity in next-gen (current-gen) games lol.
@Loxus @Mr.Phoenix TheRedRiders TheRedRiders for having a very good handle on the tech side of hardware.
Danjin44 Danjin44 @Kurotri @YukiOnna @Isa @NanaMiku JRPG gang (there's many more I'd like to mention here, but then the list would get too long)
German Hops German Hops @Maiden Voyage for being funny af and making me laugh.
@Zelphyr @Bo_Hazem For keeping GAF servers alive with their gold donations lol.
@OverHeat For having the most expensive PC build on GAF!!
64bitmodels 64bitmodels for their love of handheld gaming, specifically steam deck.
@SEGA_2012 For being the realest GAF member I've seen on here.
@Tacitus_killgore17 For their spot-on emoji reactions on my and other people posts.

And there's more, but I'll leave it a that for now. 😅
Traditional home stationary only consoles made by Japanese with SSD's FTW! Sony really doing well in this market lately.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I recently played through Mary-Kate & Ashley: Get a Clue on GameBoy Color and thought it was a pretty good game. So, not me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I think you might have issues other than bad taste. 😲
I travel a lot for work, and one thing I like to do if I have some spare time is find local game stores and then buy a few of the cheapest games they have. (But not sports games.) Usually they end up being GB/GBA games, and I’d say a majority of the time the games are absolute garbage.

But that Mary-Kate & Ashley game is actually a pretty solid puzzle platformer. It turns out it was originally a South Park game that was later adapted for Mary-Kate & Ashley. My favorite part is how you need to pick up your pet dog and literally throw it at enemies in order to defeat them. It’s a weird game, but it’s honestly pretty great.

So, yeah, I definitely have issues.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I travel a lot for work, and one thing I like to do if I have some spare time is find local game stores and then buy a few of the cheapest games they have. (But not sports games.) Usually they end up being GB/GBA games, and I’d say a majority of the time the games are absolute garbage.

But that Mary-Kate & Ashley game is actually a pretty solid puzzle platformer. It turns out it was originally a South Park game that was later adapted for Mary-Kate & Ashley. My favorite part is how you need to pick up your pet dog and literally throw it at enemies in order to defeat them. It’s a weird game, but it’s honestly pretty great.

So, yeah, I definitely have issues.
Those pick up and play games can be too much fun, indeed. Especially if they have some sort of quirky hook/gimmick.

there is an inherent appeal to being able to take vidya out of the house & play it how you like, glad to see you agree.

you seem to want to beat draugoth when it comes to how many threads you make a day. seriously, its like you came out of nowhere and started posting crazily!
I do like handheld gaming and I think certain genres play a lot better on the go (e.g. VNs, certain JRPGs and indie games). As for your remark, I work from home and have ample time to post threads about gaming news as it happens which is a lot better than waiting hours till someone like draughr wakes up and decides to make threads on them. :p I'm also from Europe which helps as most gaming news breaks during EU working hours. :)

Last edited:
Well this is going to be a long list but I'll touch a bit on each group of users I'll be mentioning:

@GHG @DeepEnigma @Topher @Heisenberg007 for well thought out takes on various gaming related things, with emphasis on business side of the industry and also the big 3.
rofif rofif @StereoVsn Rocco Schiavone Rocco Schiavone forever physical gang
@cormack12 @mortal @Draugoth for making great OTs.
@NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme @SlimeGooGoo For having great taste in waifus.
@Luminoth-4545 @Woopah Good at reading HW and SW sales data and correctly interpreting trends in various markets.
@adamsapple for knowing all there is about the Xbox ecosystem and keeping some of the gafers that like to give hot takes about Xbox in check
Kerotan Kerotan for being a bit too passionate about home console sales figures.
@drganon @graywolf323 for calling out stupid takes on GAF and also for having good taste in JRPGs.
@SlimySnake @GymWolf For talking all day long about graphical fidelity in next-gen (current-gen) games lol.
@Loxus @Mr.Phoenix TheRedRiders TheRedRiders for having a very good handle on the tech side of hardware.
Danjin44 Danjin44 @Kurotri @YukiOnna @Isa @NanaMiku JRPG gang (there's many more I'd like to mention here, but then the list would get too long)
German Hops German Hops @Maiden Voyage for being funny af and making me laugh.
@Zelphyr @Bo_Hazem For keeping GAF servers alive with their gold donations lol.
@OverHeat For having the most expensive PC build on GAF!!
64bitmodels 64bitmodels for their love of handheld gaming, specifically steam deck.
@SEGA_2012 For being the realest GAF member I've seen on here.
@Tacitus_killgore17 For their spot-on emoji reactions on my and other people posts.

And there's more, but I'll leave it a that for now. 😅

I'm super honoured to be a part of this list. I was pretty curious when it came to gaming technology growing up.

I had no idea there were places on the internet where other nerdy people like myself come to and discuss the things we love about gaming and the technology powering them.

I can't take too much credit, a good chunk of my knowledge comes from posters on this site and also interviews and presentations with developers which I discover through gaf members posting them on here. So I'm really just a product of this great community.

Thank you all. :)

zeldaring

Banned
When I think of which games have given me the most enjoyment/are most timeless this is what I get.

Smash Melee
Halo 1
Sonic 2
Starcraft/Brood War
Phantasy Star Online
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
Super Mario RPG
Turtles in Time
Super Mario World
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Pokemon R/B/Y (I guess FireRed/LeafGreen instead)

I mean I play new games too but if I needed to pick 10 titles to be stranded on a desert island, it's gonna be tough to crack the old stuff
How the heck is mario 64 not there. That was game probably the most mind blowing moment to this day in gaming.

BlackTron

How the heck is mario 64 not there. That was game probably the most mind blowing moment to this day in gaming.

I agree, SM64 might be THE most megaton moment in gaming ever and don't get me wrong, I'll never part with my copy. It's just not one of my favorite games of all time. Plenty of Mario I like better, like World and 3. Most of those games I can keep going back to for forever whereas SM64 is more nostalgia bait. It's kind of like the Mario Bros 1 of 3D gaming.

Nice list BTW

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
My tops 10 games

Sekiro
super street fighter 2 turbo
GOW 2018
arkham city
Mario 64
Link to the past
last of us
MGS all of them with v having the best gameplay
zelda OOT
bloodborne
ninja gaiden black
gran turismo franchise
resident evil 4

This is what i call the best taste in gaming, my taste. lol
Wow many of these games are my favorite to its like we have the same taste only I can admit MODERN Nintendos games TOTK Dread are on the list to

oh waiiiiiiiiit and I think Halo 3 Doom Eternal and Harf Life to

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
Wow many of these games are my favorite to its like we have the same taste only I can admit MODERN Nintendos games TOTK Dread are on the list to

oh waiiiiiiiiit and I think Halo 3 Doom Eternal and Harf Life to
Halo 3 was great as well. You seem to have pretty good taste then. I just don't understand how you think the combat is the best ever in totk. That makes question your taste lol, but I will buy doom eternal soon.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Halo 3 was great as well. You seem to have pretty good taste then. I just don't understand how you think the combat is the best ever in totk. That makes question your taste lol, but I will buy doom eternal soon.
Doom Eternal has the berst combat ever TOTKS is creative you must be like me Picasso to understand

zeldaring

Banned
Doom Eternal has the berst combat ever TOTKS is creative you must be like me Picasso to understandDoom Eternal has the berst combat ever TOTKS is creative you must be like me Picasso to understand
you see thats not what i call good combat. doom eternal i played for like 20 minutes and i agree the combat was fun and fast paced, and had great controls it was fun right away. didn't play enough but i could tell the combat was good. TOTK i played 60-70 hours and the only fun fight i had was gannon last phase in the cave. its a good game but it needs that feel good to play feeling for me anyway.

Thank you Walter Matthau. Did you really mention me or am I seeing things?

Of course. I see you pop up here and there and mention some classics. I’m all about Japanese games that prioritize gameplay and have picked up over time that you’re likely in the same boat.

Top Bottom