• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus reportedly removing mods that remove pronouns from Starfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and ultimately that’s what this is all about, isn’t it? Spite. Pure spite.

Let’s just hope that the people endorsing this spite aren’t displaying that same spite to certain minorities that cross their paths.

Again it’s funny; I don’t think you’d pop up in here proudly saying you were going to download the “remove all gay dudes from the game” mod, because now people most people largely accept that gay dudes are gay and they have gay dude friends and gay dude family members and want them to able to live normal lives and you’d be embarrassed to look like you were seething and full of hatred for gay dudes.
Yeah it’s spite. I don’t need any one trying to tell other people how to mod their single player games. If person A wants to mod all characters in his game gay and person B wants to mod all characters in his game straight, they’re equally none of mine or anyone else’s business. My spite is for busybodies who want to control how people enjoy their games.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It’s fucking pathetic to have a cry baby meltdown about their inclusion.

It’s fucking pathetic to get bent out of shape about a mod that removes them.

…it’s like the rest of us are standing at the window watching monkeys fling shit at one another.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
My pronoun is "Godemperor". And I insist on it.

detector heresy GIF

RareJordan

I think pronouns are stupid, but I actually appreciate having the option to choose the pronouns I want, as opposed to every NPC referring to my created character as “they” which is what a lot games are doing now.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Whats a gay character got to do with it? This was about pronouns? And lets be honest, it was shoe horned in to appease. If they were serious about pronouns they would have been far more than what was offered.

Do you feel there was enough? If so, you're not taking into consideration the Ze/Zems, biggot.
And this is why you're better off not bothering.
Exactly :messenger_sunglasses:

Of course it’s to do with you, I responded to your opinion. Your opinion is a product of you. You said that having pronouns is pathetic, but when asked to maybe consider somebody who might find it more important than you do, you respond with “it’s about me”

If it’s not about you and your opinion, why are you opining in this thread?

As for you next point about barebones pandering that is a laughable comeback.

You can’t be serious? If they’d made characters throughout the game use your selected pronouns, you’d also be angry about that and you’d be in here calling it pathetic too.
Lol, how I am supposed to continue when the logic fallacy here was just rolling over on the floor.

I made a comment about the game and you directly jumped condescendingly educating me what to think and what to emphasize in a much broader context. Was that about me or you being correct?

When I used a case showing that the feature in the game was not wholeheartedly integrated, without any reasonable direct respond, you immediately played a strawman assuming I'd be angry even if it was. Dude, could you just stop extrapolating too much? Where did you see I was angry to begin with, let alone assuming a hypothetical reaction, we didn't even come across on the forum before.

Really, if you can't respond without keeping changing the goalposts, you don't have to. Go play games, we don't need to come across again either.

I mean, they literally have no impact on what your character does in the game, so it just feels shoe horned in to tick a box. The fact that it has absolutely no impact and the game makes you choose a set of pronouns just says to me 'look, we put this in to appease a specific crowd! Like our game more!'

The character creator is already pretty good and lets you create any kind of person you want. You want to have a beard on a feminine looking character? Done. How about a masculine looking character with a pair of tits? No problem.

If people want to remove pronouns using a mod, who exactly is this offending? The person using the mod is playing the game their own way. If society want to move in a direction where people can freely express themselves and not be bound by labels and genders, why can't people choose not to have them?

I appreciate I'm probably coming across as a bit of a cunt, but I truly don't care how people want to express themselves. Live and let live.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
If you think there are more genders than two, then you are clearly mentally unwell.
It means you have a very myopic superficial understanding of what gender is. Gender is a social construct of roles and expressions people identify as. You choose to express yourself however fits you and I use the term choose loosely. As a male, you can choose to express yourself as feminine presenting and vice versa. That’s what gender is. And as long as time has existed there have always been people who did not fit the usual gender normative ways they were excepted to. Girl you like pink and wear dresses and play with Barbie vs Boy you like blue and wear pants and play with trucks.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I prefer simpler times when the media would try to distract me from real issues by telling me Michael Jackson diddled another kid with no proof.

Now they get people heated up over the dumbest shit.

Them/they in a video game is more important than FOMO behavior in live service games to people in this space.

Then/they is more important to people in day to day situations than how much insurance and healthcare cost or how poor most of us are. It truly is why the spartan method of casting out and killing the weak at a young age should’ve remained to this day— but focus on stupid people instead. We overpopulated the world with so many dumb worker drones they don’t have the capability to see the bigger picture.

TLDR: none of this shit matters. No matter what side you’re on, you’re losing .

Tripolygon

Banned
I mean, they literally have no impact on what your character does in the game, so it just feels shoe horned in to tick a box. The fact that it has absolutely no impact and the game makes you choose a set of pronouns just says to me 'look, we put this in to appease a specific crowd! Like our game more!'
To someone who it does not affect therefore doesn’t have to think about it, it might appear shoe horned but for people who are underrepresented and whom it affects, I can assure you it does not feel shoe horned and it is greatly appreciated. A Bethesda game will sell regardless of what it has or doesn’t have in the pronoun.

Last edited:
Just wondering and not to nitpick but who's going to know? The mod isn't going to be on Nexus so you're not going to be boosting the mods popularity, more likely from some unknow webpage or discord channel sure, but that's so lowkey that it practically defeats the purpose of spite.

So the creators of the mod knows that there is a market for his work, and an "up yours" to Nexusmods for trying to insert themselves as arbiters of what kind of mods should and should not exist.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Wow, I've played starfield for about 50 hours now and I had completely forgotten there was a pronoun pick at the start..both sides are acting like complete donkeys here.

Pejo

If there's 2 things I hate it's pronouns and people that hate things for no reason and hypocrites and people that can't count and people that write run on sentences.

Honestly though, this is fucking stupid. If people want to mod it out, let them. If it "doesn't matter" that they're in the game - like supposedly was the first cope - then it also shouldn't matter if somebody wants to remove it. Same with those pride flags in Spider Man. Mods by nature take something about the game and change it. I'm sure if I searched on Nexusmods I could find some disgusting shit that they are fine hosting no problem like some dog fucker mod or something.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Using quotation marks for things I never said? Nice!
Anyway, no, I would not be upset, especially about a children's story like The Little Mermaid. I see you gave away your hand here though. I didn't know it was that important to you.
What did I show, do tell?

That people have emotionally manipulated doubled standards?

While we play and argue over our children's games on our children's toys all day long as well?

If I never hear word "pronouns" it will be too soon, because it makes people so degenerately stupid, its insane
I blame the Modern English language. For some reason, Modern English completely lost explicit gendering of proper nouns when evolving from it's old Germanic origins. Modern High German today still retains this explicit gendering, as do all the Romance Languages descended from ancient Latin. Only Modern English lost them. Nobody questions how many genders there are in German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese, because those languages quite literally bake masculinity and femininity right into their descriptions of every animate and inanimate object.

This is probably also why mainland Europeans look at American/British wokeness and think we're all fucking lunatics. As do all the people in Latin America where the primary language is Spanish except the Brazilians but they speak Portuguese so it still applies. As do all Latinos/Hispanics in the US, for that matter. (This is also why all American Latinos/Hispanics think the term 'LatinX' is fucking retarded as it literally makes no sense in their native Spanish.)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I blame the Modern English language. For some reason, Modern English completely lost explicit gendering of proper nouns when evolving from it's old Germanic origins. Modern High German today still retains this explicit gendering, as do all the Romance Languages descended from ancient Latin. Only Modern English lost them. Nobody questions how many genders there are in German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese, because those languages quite literally bake masculinity and femininity right into their descriptions of every animate and inanimate object.
But the social lunacy tried. Hence "Latinx" dumb fuckery is trying to be pushed by clown actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom