• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Mods removes anti-gay Baldur's Gate 3 mod (Update: Nexus are too far lost in their sauce)

rkofan87

Gold Member
It’s not particularly leftist site. I mean have you seen some of the Skyrim mods, lol?

They just don’t like this particular racist ass. There are plenty of other BG3 mods who change characters all kinds of diff ways.
what the spiderman flag shit?

Hugare

So its just the name you have a problem with? You would be 100% perfectly fine with the mod if instead of "No alphabets" was just called "straighter faeron" or some other thing, and you wouldn't be complaining right now?
So you are implying that context doesnt matter?

Yeah, I would see no problem in a mod that would race swap Wyll, for example. 'Cause maybe it didnt have racist intentions.

But putting the mod in a "No N*" pack would be pretty obvious what the intentions were

Same for the "No Alphabets" (which is a slur for LGBT people, in case you dont know)

Last edited:
Ah yes, the so-called progressively touchy-feely inclusive "good guys", banning anything they disagree with. Sounds about right.

Meanwhile, I'm actually interested in this mod. Nightsong ruined the whole game for me. The wokeness was being kept in check up to that point where the entire end of the second act of their game is given over to this insane mockery of a man with tits. Hey I'm super lesbian, let me smash my girlfriend's disapproving father's face in before I go and scissor her in bed. I'm super lesbian! It was just so unbelievably cringeworthy. The irony being that if the character were a man, hr would never get away with behaving like that. Just shows you how insanely confused and ridiculous woke ideology is.
I'm not sure we even played the same game. What a load of shit.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
What I don't get is why that guy even uploaded to NexusMods.
I mean, at this point, it is well known what their policies regarding mods and authors like that are - why even bother trying to host your mod there if your intentions are so obviously homophobic?

I get that some people are so deeply insecure about themselves that they want to smash and erase anything that isn't entirely within their worldview.
.... but then why go and try hosting your mod at a site that is run by the other end of the horseshoe?
Masochism?

Hugare

There was a mod called "Alternate Wyll" (that was the name, made by another user) that gave him a white character model. Nexus banned that mod too. So i'm correct to assume you believe Nexus to be in the wrong here?
In that case? Yes, I would have no problem with it

But it's not similar at all to this mod, for reasons that I've already mentioned

So you are implying that context doesnt matter?

Yeah, I would see no problem in a mod that would race swap Wyll, for example. 'Cause maybe it didnt have racist intentions.

But putting the mod in a "No N*" pack would be pretty obvious what the intentions were

Same for the "No Alphabets" (which is a slur for LGBT people, in case you dont know)
A slur? Lmao ffs.

Guilty_AI

In that case? Yes, I would have no problem with it

But it's not similar at all to this mod, for reasons that I've already mentioned
You say you only have a problem with 'the name' yet you happily call people who use this mod "homophobic fragile losers".

Suppose someone else re-uploads it under a different name. Is that fine then? Or is there some other twisted logical that would be somehow "bad" and not at all alike what big media has been doing turning characters gay and race swapping them?

Nickolaidas

Pretty sure that if someone made a mod in BG3 called 'No Whites or Straights Allowed' and race swapped every single white-skinned individual into a POC with breasts and a penis, not only would this mod not get banned on Nexus, it would be featured on the game's front page over there.

And if anyone complained, they would get the 'Don't like it? Don't download it' response. Which, ironically, is the RIGHT response, but it should be applied in ALL cases, not just those you choose to support.

Red5

Nexus Mods has removed a mod which changed the gender of a character in a same-sex relationship in Baldur's Gate 3 and banned the account which uploaded it.

The mod, called Ser Aylin (no longer available on Nexus Mods but a version has been archived on Wayback Machine), targets Dame Aylin and turns her into a "fully immersive male version" of herself by changing her model, using AI to alter the voice performance of actor Helen Keeley, and changing NPC dialogue lines. Following Ser Aylin's upload by user Yedlike to Nexus Mods on 3rd December, Baldur's Gate 3 fans protested against the mod and asked others to not support it, noting it's part of a larger mod pack called No Alphabets. On 4th December, Nexus banned Yedlike for violating its community rules.

The No Alphabets mod pack has not been uploaded to Nexus Mods, but can be easily found hosted on a different site by Googling. The description from its creator shows the true intent of the pack - to ensure "gender and sexuality of world NPCs match medieval status quo" by erasing any LGBTQ+ characters. The same creator has another mod which "revamps" Wyll to make him white.

I assume the mod will also erase magic, dragons and all types of fantasy and turn it into a Kingdom Come Deliverance cRPG as well no? Or is it just this one particular aspect that seems out of place concerning "Medieval historical authenticity"?

Last edited:
Pretty sure that if someone made a mod in BG3 called 'No Whites or Straights Allowed' and race swapped every single white-skinned individual into a POC with breasts and a penis, not only would this mod not get banned on Nexus, it would be featured on the game's front page over there.

And if anyone complained, they would get the 'Don't like it? Don't download it' response. Which, ironically, is the RIGHT response, but it should be applied in ALL cases, not just those you choose to support.
Certainly a big hypothetical. But not what has occurred.

I just downloaded the no alphabet mod so thanks Nexusmods for banning and signal-boosting it. I'm not bigoted against gay people in the slightest in the real world but I've had it up to here with hamfisted woke writing and characters, and Aylin was one of the worst examples I've seen.

Not interested in a mod that makes Wyll white, because I'm not using him anyway and I doubt most people are. They hardly made any effort to make him an appealing character beyond I guess the fact we're supposed to love that he is black. His introduction was, again, ridiculous. They expect the colour of his skin to do all the heavy lifting and make him interesting, and we're supposed to be in awe or something or pat them on the back for it. Again when race, sex or gender is involved, woke people's brains turn to mush and they stop being able to think objectively or to write well or anything - the agenda just takes over.

tommib

I just downloaded the no alphabet mod so thanks Nexusmods for banning and signal-boosting it. I'm not bigoted against gay people in the slightest in the real world but I've had it up to here with hamfisted woke writing and characters, and Aylin was one of the worst examples I've seen.

Not interested in a mod that makes Wyll white, because I'm not using him anyway and I doubt most people are. They hardly made any effort to make him an appealing character beyond I guess the fact we're supposed to love that he is black. His introduction was, again, ridiculous. They expect the colour of his skin to do all the heavy lifting and make him interesting, and we're supposed to be in awe or something or pat them on the back for it. Again when race, sex or gender is involved, woke people's brains turn to mush and they stop being able to think objectively or to write well or anything - the agenda just takes over.
“I’m not bigoted” - continues to write a thesis on why gay and black people are ridiculous in a video game.

Channing Tatum Lol GIF by SMALLFOOT Movie

Nickolaidas

butwhy.gif
Because oppression gives birth to defiance.

When someone tells you to treat minorities like sacred cows, if you, as a person, are someone who doesn't like being told what to do and - most importantly - how to THINK, you find yourself thinking 'No, fuck you, I won't think the way you tell me', and will make such a mod out of spite, just to 'give the middle finger' to the 'establishment', which is Nexus in this example.

This sort of mentality isn't any different than gay people becoming angry with hardcore religious people who told them they should be ashamed because they're gay and stray from the path of God, which made those gay people hate religion, for making them think there was something wrong with them.

Oppression. Always. Breeds. Resistance. And Defiance.

I don't get it. I am not much into mods but there was that mod that turned HL2 Alyx into Adriana Lima babe with overdone lips and I also saw quasi nude mods for Horizon and RE, even on yt.
I don't know if those are hosted on nexus or if those are also not there, but isn't modding supposed to be altering the game to your preferences? Adding sexualized megababes, make cars more shiny, make horror more cruel? Even if the intent is to remove gay stuff because of homophobia ... who get's even remotely hurt, when a homophob can alter the game to be only male+female right in their view?
It is quite fashionable to laugh about religion, mostly christian, but it is still in western society the foundation or intermediate source for all our values, and nowadays we pretend that anyone has to love all sorts of sexual activities even though it is against their belief? That's more intolerant than an "intolerant" person changing something for their own use and sharing it with like minded people. One is forcing everyone to share their belief, the other is "hating" something in their home.

anti-gay or rather just pro-hetero? In our victim fetishized society it has to be the former?

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I don't get it. I am not much into mods but there was that mod that turned HL2 Alyx into Adriana Lima babe with overdone lips and I also saw quasi nude mods for Horizon and RE, even on yt.
I don't know if those are hosted on nexus or if those are also not there, but isn't modding supposed to be altering the game to your preferences? Adding sexualized megababes, make cars more shiny, make horror more cruel? Even if the intent is to remove gay stuff because of homophobia ... who get's even remotely hurt, when a homophob can alter the game to be only male+female right in their view?
It is quite fashionable to laugh about religion, mostly christian, but it is still in western society the foundation or intermediate source for all our values, and nowadays we pretend that anyone has to love all sorts of sexual activities even though it is against their belief? That's more intolerant than an "intolerant" person changing something for their own use and sharing it with like minded people. One is forcing everyone to share their belief, the other is "hating" something in their home.
Exactly. It's not enough to have games be tailored to a particular ideology for the broad public, you are now not even allowed to TAILOR the experience for your OWN PERSONAL preference.

I mean, imagine being a lesbian and seeing a mod that turns Peter Parker into Petra Parker and looks and (via A.I.) sounds like a woman - an OPTIONAL mod that is meant to be downloaded and used by the people who want such a thing, ONLY for THEIR playthrough.

And that mod getting banned because 'Peter Parker is not supposed to look anything other than a straight white male' and any mods who change that will be taken down and the modders will have their account banned.

Imagine doing that in a modding community. A MODDING. Community. Which is ALL ABOUT T-A-I-L-O-R-I-N-G the experience to your own personal preference.

Hugare

Because oppression gives birth to defiance.

When someone tells you to treat minorities like sacred cows, if you, as a person, are someone who doesn't like being told what to do and - most importantly - how to THINK, you find yourself thinking 'No, fuck you, I won't think the way you tell me', and will make such a mod out of spite, just to 'give the middle finger' to the 'establishment', which is Nexus in this example.

This sort of mentality isn't any different than gay people becoming angry with hardcore religious people who told them they should be ashamed because they're gay and stray from the path of God, which made those gay people hate religion, for making them think there was something wrong with them.

Oppression. Always. Breeds. Resistance. And Defiance.
This take is something else

So the solution would be Nexus, a private owned site, to allow any content, even criminal, 'cause otherwise people would to it "out of spite"? Nexus is not a public square. They can do whatever fuck they want with their site. Make a mod site then and upload it there.

And is this what we do in society? We let people who break the law go 'cause "it would only get worse"? What the fuck?

I agree to an extent, that dialogue can be the best option to change some terrible world views that are against other groups of people. But some people's world views are so fucked up already, that there's no dialogue to be had. Their minds wont change. Only repression remains.

"But they will go somewhere else and make their own bubble". Ok, so keep popping it and making it smaller.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Exactly. It's not enough to have games be tailored to a particular ideology for the broad public, you are now not even allowed to TAILOR the experience for your OWN PERSONAL preference.

I mean, imagine being a lesbian and seeing a mod that turns Peter Parker into Petra Parker and looks and (via A.I.) sounds like a woman - an OPTIONAL mod that is meant to be downloaded and used by the people who want such a thing, ONLY for THEIR playthrough.

And that mod getting banned because 'Peter Parker is not supposed to look anything other than a straight white male' and any mods who change that will be taken down and the modders will have their account banned.

Imagine doing that in a modding community. A MODDING. Community. Which is ALL ABOUT T-A-I-L-O-R-I-N-G the experience to your own personal preference.

Nah sir, you'd still be racist/homophobic/literally Hitler, only a specific opinion matters and everyone else is a closeted racist/homophobic/literal Nazi.

--------------

Unfortunately, this thread is going the way it usually goes, constant bickering, name-calling, accusations, people trying to convince the other side that they're the ones that are wrong etc etc.

Congrats, you're being - once again - "original" on the internet

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Why is the mod maker racists? Because he once turned a black character white? Was there any hate symbols like nazi flags or KKK added? Was it just the race swap because there’s a big difference there.

And no from what I read there is nothing “ anti gay “ about the mod. Same thing unless there’s outright propaganda in the mod a gender swap isn’t anti anything.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Whoever downloaded in time can reupload it or even charge money in their patreon. Seems like more and more opportunity for loverslab to grow with nexus making more and more stupid decisions.

Nickolaidas

This take is something else

So the solution would be Nexus, a private owned site, to allow any content, even criminal, 'cause otherwise people would to it "out of spite"? Nexus is not a public square. They can do whatever fuck they want with their site. Make a mod site then and upload it there.

And is this what we do in society? We let people who break the law go 'cause "it would only get worse"? What the fuck?

I agree to an extent, that dialogue can be the best option to change some terrible world views that are against other groups of people. But some people's world views are so fucked up already, that there's no dialogue to be had. Their minds wont change. Only repression remains.

"But they will go somewhere else and make their own bubble". Ok, so keep popping it and making it smaller.
I had no idea that changing the race/sex/gender of a fictional character (for an optional mod for personal use in a video game) is now a crime.

To make myself more clear, I am not saying Nexus doesn't have the RIGHT to ban / take down any mod they don't like. It's their site, it's their rules. I'm just pointing out the double standards. It's ok to love the 'right' people, it's ok to ignore the 'right' people. This is hypocrisy, and I'm pointing it out.

I am fairly aware of where those mods can be downloaded, but that's not the issue here. The issue is the double standards who are currently infesting society.

Last edited:

Eotheod

Ah yes, the so-called progressively touchy-feely inclusive "good guys", banning anything they disagree with. Sounds about right.

Meanwhile, I'm actually interested in this mod. Nightsong ruined the whole game for me. The wokeness was being kept in check up to that point where the entire end of the second act of their game is given over to this insane mockery of a man with tits. Hey I'm super lesbian, let me smash my girlfriend's disapproving father's face in before I go and scissor her in bed. I'm super lesbian! It was just so unbelievably cringeworthy. The irony being that if the character were a man, hr would never get away with behaving like that. Just shows you how insanely confused and ridiculous woke ideology is.
It's DnD man, just take a break and don't let the little things work you up that much. Seriously, it sounds like a handwave response but the truth is the game isn't hurting anyone by having those options or events occur. Getting your knickers in a knot is just plain sad.

Was the same as people getting angry there weren't any black people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Shits okay, not the end of the world and maybe invest the energy in the bigger things.

K2D

Banned
Hell of a lot of projection going around for a mod, and the mental gymnastics of calling the modders bigoted, mysoginistic, racist, homofobic and sexist. Not saying they are not, but they are definetly giving these mods special treatment.

But if it's a mod about adding sex or nudity or more violence, nothing has to be said, and all is good.

It's DnD man, just take a break and don't let the little things work you up that much. Seriously, it sounds like a handwave response but the truth is the game isn't hurting anyone by having those options or events occur. Getting your knickers in a knot is just plain sad.

Was the same as people getting angry there weren't any black people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Shits okay, not the end of the world and maybe invest the energy in the bigger things.
How about you decide what annoys you and I do the same for me? If that didn't bother you, go and enjoy it. I just found a mod that yeets it from the game.

proandrad

And? They're mods. Nobody is forced to use them. I bet nobody would care if it was a white to black mod.
There would absolutely be an army of white dudes ready to claim they are victims of racism. Everyone wants to claim the victim card nowadays.

Nickolaidas

If they mod Miles Morales white would that just make it original Spiderman? 🤔
I think that, of ALL the 'swaps', Miles is the least lazy one. He just needs a new name, 5-10 iconic villains to call his own, leave Peter's shadow and he'll be much better.

He's THIS close in becoming Nightwing, back when Nightwing was cool and not a butt-shot meme and a 'I'm a white guy, so talk down on me' crapfest he's being written as in the last few years.

Hugare

I had no idea that changing the race/sex/gender of a fictional character (for an optional mod for personal use in a video game) is now a crime.

To make myself more clear, I am not saying Nexus doesn't have the RIGHT to ban / take down any mod they don't like. It's their site, it's their rules. I'm just pointing out the double standards. It's ok to love the 'right' people, it's ok to ignore the 'right' people. This is hypocrisy, and I'm pointing it out.

I am fairly aware of where those mods can be downloaded, but that's not the issue here. The issue is the double standards who are currently infesting society.
Look around and you'll notice that there's double standards everywhere you go. You just dont mind it when it fits your world views.

Tell me one privated owned company that doesnt have double standards

There's no such thing as pleasing everyone.

Shubh_C63

Alphabet people are annoying but you can't ignore the fact that this mod went out of its way to "correct" something.

Not banning that mod on the basis of live and let live doesn't apply here as the Mod is exactly for people not able to follow live and let live rule for gay lgbt whatever people in their videogames.

But I DO want a mod that can turn character roster into hot gals who only has interest in The One MC. According to Nexus me using that mod makes me homophobic ??

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Nexus Mods is a damned joke.
Give me a catastrophic coronal mass ejection any day of the week, over this silly bullshit Western Society regurgitates at me, daily.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Seems oversensitive to me, but it's their site. We know these kind of complaints can cross into harassment and threats.

btw I highly appreciate the girl+dick options in this and cyberpunk. I took advantage of both. Rather have one and not need one than need one and not have one.

I love how the first reply to this post is the end of the discussion, and yet we're now up to three pages.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
LOL. LMAO even. Imagine discussing things. On a discussion board of all things. What are these kids gonna think of next?

Because on this particular topic, there's no real discussion to be had. It's their website, they can do what they like. The rest of this is just culture war nonsense.

Top Bottom