• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 "Extra Big Tits Mod" Removed from Modding Website after controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
8g231h.jpg

Puscifer

Sexualizing teenagers? In an anime context!? Well I've never heard anything like it 🤯
It's never not been disgusting or creepy. I was rewatching Sailor Moon and some of that stuff made me uncomfortable as shit. There's actual sexualization of children, I didn't realize how much of it was edited out or censored.

This mod is no different to me, why are we sexualizing underage girls real or not?

Last edited:

Vlodril

What is the difference with all the nude mods going around (and have been going around since forever). Why some stay and others don't?

Bojji

It's never not been disgusting or creepy. I was rewatching Sailor Moon and some of that stuff made me uncomfortable as shit there sexualizing literal children, I didn't realize how much of it was edited out or censored.

This mod is no different to me, why are we sexualizing underage girls real or not?

Cartoon characters, there are a lot young girls with massive tits in anime world. Japan raised age of consent from 13 to 16 just last year, this still is "fine" in eyes of their legal system.

But who cares about cartoon tits, we have people wanting to cut breast and dicks of young kids in real world right now and this shit is accepted.

So... Besides the fact that this makes the character look awful (In my opinion).

There's literally no reason to take this down, other then someone having nothing else better to do.
Just take the logical "Easy Mode in Dark Souls" response to this too.

"I wouldn't use it, and the game is not forcing me to use it, so there's no reason for me to be upset about this"

Just like the stupid and boring nsfw mods of Resident Evil 4 Remake that I'm not being forced to use.

And for the virtue signaling, pearl clutching people going the whole "sexualizing teenagers" route, If you are going to take a moral stance on that issue, take that anime profile picture off of your profile, delete 90% of the Anime in your Netflix list, and don't play ANY anime game made in Japan, including Persona.

If you are not going to do that, then stop pearl clutching, and shut up. Jesus Christ.

Criticize it. Have an issue with it. It's completely fine.
But taking the moral ground is ONLY for people that go the extra mile.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Why are so many people bypassing the reasoning behind this being that the girl being modded (fake though she may be) is underage? Yes, that is dependent on the country, but the company hosting the mod is in a country that says 16 is underage. Why you people are offended that mods which promote the sexualization of minors are taken down is nonsensical. Grow up.

Why are so many people bypassing the reasoning behind this being that the girl being modded (fake though she may be) is underage? Yes, that is dependent on the country, but the company hosting the mod is in a country that says 16 is underage. Why you people are offended that mods which promote the sexualization of minors are taken down is nonsensical. Grow up.
It’s still legally dubious since it’s a fictional depiction (at least criminally).

The issue all companies face is if they bring attention to it, they popularize it. It’s a lose-lose situation. Perversion will always win out.

Some really objectively bad takes in this thread, don't know if they actually know the character who's being sexualized with this mod, Yukari, is 16 years of age in P3.

No amount of "muh freedom of speech" or "don't like it? don't use the mod!" shenanigans would excuse of glorification of underage children/pedophilia.

Didn't expect this from GAF.

Bojji

Some really objectively bad takes in this thread, don't know if they actually know the character who's being sexualized with this mod, Yukari, is 16 years of age in P3.

No amount of "muh freedom of speech" or "don't like it? don't use the mod!" shenanigans would excuse of glorification of underage children/pedophilia.

This character also shoots herself in the head with a gun.

Bojji

Yeah. There is the whole teen suicide thing too.

Persona 3 is rated M for number of reasons.

Japanese man can have sex with 16 years old girl and it's not considered pedophilia, same thing for majority of the world:

br0MTTQ.jpg

It may be morally wrong but it's not something that is prevented by law.

Definition of pedophilia:

Pedophilia (alternatively spelled paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2]: vii  Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] psychiatric diagnostic criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

16 years old cartoon character doesn't fit this definition. But of course some people will say that not being triggered by this mod means that someone is real life pedophile.

Last edited:

Bkdk

It’s sad that these site owners will be so easy crumble to these vocal minority cyber bullies. No wonder people are more and more aggressive in the internet, because cowards are running some of these gaming business and you have to be rude and verbally aggressive to them in order for them to cave.

Those points are still true, and are the useful conclusion to this discussion. You can see it as an excuse, but using your own framing, that is "objectively" incorrect.

If people go to a store, and they don't sell milk there, there will be other stores that will.
Not to mention the source of the milk itself, still exist.

Persona 3 sexualizes it's "child" characters. No mods needed. They already do.

So mine, and others conclusion to this boils down to, the milk will be sold no matter what, and, considering there's nothing you can do about it, you move on with your life, and don't use a mod that you are not being forced to use.

I'm not going to use, and neither will you.

All you can do is criticize it. Which you are doing now. And that is okay.

If you are going to take the moral high ground however, if you purchased Persona 3 Reload, refund it.

Because again, they are also sexualizing "children".

(Edit: I'm putting "child" and "children" in quotations, because a word that describes the age group that Yukari belongs in already exists, they are called "Teenagers". And the argument that sexualizing teenagers is bad, can still be validly made, without belittling teenagers or making it sound scary, by calling them "children")

Last edited:
Love how some people feel the need to police what others are doing. Like they think they are championing some cause. I think this mostly boils down to these types of people having so little going on in their lives that they feel the need to exert control somewhere, anywhere, to make themselves feel known and powerful.

I kinda think it’s worse if they take a video game character and make them more like a child no? Making them look more like a woman is surely better if you are worried about peados.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom