• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Hudo

But he's taking all the best usernames. :messenger_loudly_crying:

mucKhFt.png
I can admire this dedication.

Thaedolus

So a former employee (my boss) ordered some shit right before he was terminated. Ostensibly for me. But had it sent to his house…

I didn’t know about it, new boss asks me what this expense was for. I don’t know I says, we discussed it but I didn’t know the order was placed. And nothing showed up for me.

Former guy gets asked and says oh yeah it was sent via FedEx to (me).

I ain’t seen shit. If I wasn’t asked about it, I’d have never known.

Several weeks later, he’s told me he got confirmation from FedEx it was delivered to our place of business. Dive into his work email and bill of sale has his house as the shipping address, and I used that info to call the vendor and they confirmed it was delivered via…UPS…to his house.

New CEO and I are like ok he stole some shit, is it worth pursuing this further?

Well TAMMIE IN ACCOUNTING goes “give me the dollar figure and I’ll go after him myself.”

DONT FUCK WITH TAMMIE. She picked me out of a group of dads at this dance recital, she’ll fuck your embezzlement schemes up too

Last edited:

Kilau

So a former employee (my boss) ordered some shit right before he was terminated. Ostensibly for me. But had it sent to his house…

I didn’t know about it, new boss asks me what this expense was for. I don’t know I says, we discussed it but I didn’t know the order was placed. And nothing showed up for me.

Former guy gets asked and says oh yeah it was sent via FedEx to (me).

I ain’t seen shit. If I wasn’t asked about it, I’d have never known.

Several weeks later, he’s told me he got confirmation from FedEx it was delivered to our place of business. Dive into his work email and bill of sale has his house as the shipping address, and I used that info to call the vendor and they confirmed it was delivered via…UPS…to his house.

New CEO and I are like ok he stole some shit, is it worth pursuing this further?

Well TAMMIE IN ACCOUNTING goes “give me the dollar figure and I’ll go after him myself.”

DONT FUCK WITH TAMMIE. She picked me out of a group of dads at this dance recital, she’ll fuck your embezzlement schemes up too
Wait, let’s hear what Tammie did at the dance recital.

nush

Dive into his work email and bill of sale has his house as the shipping address,

Rookie mistake, he didn't clear the paper trail. Now if he'd had it delivered to, for example the office next door he could have tracked it's delivery then gone over there to collect "Sorry a parcel got delivered for me here by mistake. It was supposed to go to #1 office street but was accidentally sent to #2" He'll get it because he'll have ID to say who he is.

Kilau

Rookie mistake, he didn't clear the paper trail. Now if he'd had it delivered to, for example the office next door he could have tracked its delivery then gone over there to collect "Sorry a parcel got delivered for me here by mistake. It was supposed to go to #1 office street but was accidentally sent to #2" He'll get it because he'll have ID to say who he is.
I expect this type of scheme from German Hops German Hops not you.

Thaedolus

The whole scheme is: it takes more
effort to recoup the cost than it’s worth, so hope we just give up.

Which fucking sucks because I know it’s simultaneously true, that it’s not worth our time to pursue this, but also in principle I want to nail him to the wall for stealing because letting it go encourages this shit. This is theft, and his lying bullshit is the proof we need.

But also the net gain from just going on with life outweighs trying to scrape less than a thousand dollars from this guy. He’s now PNG in my book, that will be enough.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Goddammit I finally told my wife I never really listened to Radiohead and then she insisted, so I did and I…really like it…

Really are one of the best bands ever. They get a lot of shit from people who've only heard Creep which ironically is the only decent song on the album nobody likes.

OK Computer is like a top 5 all time album but I still prefer In Rainbows.

Thaedolus

Dropping the three year old off on the first day of preschool, it’s the same place we took our older kiddo and really liked it but there’s been some turnover and I was feeling a bit nervous about it.

Well, out comes the lady that took care of my kid at daycare as a baby, whom we loved. She was bouncing off the walls excited to see us again. Man, little things like that…

Top Bottom