• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Apparently I made and "Absolute mess" in the kitchen according to my mum. I made a sandwich, some crumbs were on the counter, oh and a tiny spot of butter where the knife touched the counter. Total OCD reaction. Then I noticed the big splash of coffee on the floor in front of the dishwasher where she had turned a cup upside down to load the washer.

I didn't mention it.
Wtf, you still live with your mom?

I wish I could still live with my mom

Peggies

Gold Member
Wtf, you still live with your mom?

I wish I could still live with my mom
Me too

But I wouldn't want to live with Nush's mom. She doesn't sound nice.

Time For Bed Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

*Nightwing

xT2Sz6x.jpg

I meant to post in mma community thread but felt bad shitting it up with all the hard commendable work a few posters are doing to keep it alive and updated. It’s the thought that counts?

*Nightwing

I don't know what that means but glad you're back!
Out of all the human made mysteries all through out history, this is the one I understand the least.

Please send it to all your friends in YouTube to infect their algorithmic feed as was done to me and how I’ve done to all I know. Misery loves company, or be the better person… either way you can’t lose!

and

3Ax8I6u.gif

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Out of all the human made mysteries all through out history, this is the one I understand the least.

Please send it to all your friends in YouTube to infect their algorithmic feed as was done to me and how I’ve done to all I know. Misery loves company, or be the better person… either way you can’t lose!

and

3Ax8I6u.gif
R8SEeXi.gif

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
First time reporting someone for Neogaf. It is a lot easier than I believed it would be. No category, no demand for confirmation, just write what you want and go!
Good to see that it will probably be read by a human, but maybe some categories could help the mods to act faster/ easier?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I think I’ve issued one report in my entire GAF career, just because it was so obviously a bot. So I put in “beep boop” for the reason. And the account was perm’d in like 5 minutes. Cracking good job, mods!

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
First time reporting someone for Neogaf. It is a lot easier than I believed it would be. No category, no demand for confirmation, just write what you want and go!
Good to see that it will probably be read by a human, but maybe some categories could help the mods to act faster/ easier?
We read them all and look into the thread, the user's post history (if needed), and what may have instigated the posts. Usually if you notice it takes a while, its due to us discussing in moderation channels on the best actions to take (or we are at work and can't check reports at that time).

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
We read them all and look into the thread, the user's post history (if needed), and what may have instigated the posts. Usually if you notice it takes a while, its due to us discussing in moderation channels on the best actions to take (or we are at work and can't check reports at that time).
As I thought. Thanks for the work, and I am curious of how much work this is by the way. A real full time job or more like something on the side? I suppose that stuff happening like wars put you under more pressure. As for taking a while, better late than never, and the more relax moderation is appreciated.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
As I thought. Thanks for the work, and I am curious of how much work this is by the way. A real full time job or more like something on the side? I suppose that stuff happening like wars put you under more pressure. As for taking a while, better late than never, and the more relax moderation is appreciated.

Definitely not a full time job. Thankfully the community is good at policing itself for the most part. We also try to extend an olive branch to get people to discuss more amicably, unless certain lines are immediately crossed like overt bigotry, AI bot spam, or threats of violence.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Definitely not a full time job. Thankfully the community is good at policing itself for the most part. We also try to extend an olive branch to get people to discuss more amicably, unless certain lines are immediately crossed like overt bigotry, AI bot spam, or threats of violence.
Threats of violence? Some people get to that level here? Thanks for the answer by the way.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Threats of violence? Some people get to that level here? Thanks for the answer by the way.
Over the years I've seen people on other forums post some crazy shit. The worst one if I remember correctly was a suicide attempt and he said he was scared and just wanted to talk before all the tablets and alcohol he took had taken affect.

After multiple people including myself pleaded with him to give us his address, so one of us could drive him to a hospital no questions asked, he finally succumbed and privately messaged someone and they took him to the hospital to get his stomach pumped!

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Over the years I've seen people on other forums post some crazy shit. The worst one if I remember correctly was a suicide attempt and he said he was scared and just wanted to talk before all the tablets and alcohol he took had taken affect.

After multiple people including myself pleaded with him to give us his address, so one of us could drive him to a hospital no questions asked, he finally succumbed and privately messaged someone and they took him to the hospital to get his stomach pumped!
WTF? Can't imagine that happen. At least it ended well.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
WTF? Can't imagine that happen. At least it ended well.
Yeah he refused an ambulance so we offered to drive him to a hospital with no judgment. He didn't even have to say hello or have a conversation, literally just hop in the car and get dropped off at a hospital.

At the time he was a young guy in his early twenties and very successful as a computer engineer. We spoke for almost fifteen years via an online computer enthusiasts forum. A genuinely nice guy from my experience, he just got overwhelmed with one of lifes many pressures I guess.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Yeah he refused an ambulance so we offered to drive him to a hospital with no judgment. He didn't even have to say hello or have a conversation, literally just hop in the car and get dropped off at a hospital.

At the time he was a young guy in his early twenties and very successful as a computer engineer. We spoke for almost fifteen years via an online computer enthusiasts forum. A genuinely nice guy from my experience, he just got overwhelmed with one of lifes many pressures I guess.
Those kind of stories always put everything in perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Technical Support Needed:

You know when you're on your phone and you're typing in the Post reply box? Up at the top there's a B (bolded), I (italics), three vertical dots (formatting), a chain (hyperlink?) etc...

Why would that bar be all greyed out for me? It won't let me access any of the toolbar features. Hard to post a GIF when I don't have anything clever to say.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Technical Support Needed:

You know when you're on your phone and you're typing in the Post reply box? Up at the top there's a B (bolded), I (italics), three vertical dots (formatting), a chain (hyperlink?) etc...

Why would that bar be all greyed out for me? It won't let me access any of the toolbar features. Hard to post a GIF when I don't have anything clever to say.

Click the 3 dots and the the brackets:

fw06MVh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom