• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Thaedolus

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif
angry black snake moan GIF

I can't wait until and 3 others arrest bodycam footage is released. I wonder how many other accounts are suddenly going to blink out and stop posting?

Just a drop in the ocean unfortunately. They should all once convicted be made to become eunuchs.

Two bricks and bye bye gentlemen love eggs.

hLB9YJ3.gif

Last edited:

T8SC

I've just unsubscribed from "The Critical Drinker", grown tired of the same material over and over. For someone who consistently complaints about "The Message", he does the exact same thing with his own "Message" agenda. Piggybacking onto anything he can that can be twisted to fit his narrative, which is generally Disney focused but has touched on Warhammer and other IPs too. Every review just dissolves into a mess of "this is woke" or "creatively bankrupt" and repeatedly saying the same words to try and appear intelligent. Maybe he should "subvert my expectations" and stop focusing on the same content to drive his message.

He does have some points, like how there's generally too many remakes & sequels these days, but we don't need to hear it in almost every video released. We get it and your Youtube channel isn't going to change it.

ManaByte

I've just unsubscribed from "The Critical Drinker", grown tired of the same material over and over. For someone who consistently complaints about "The Message", he does the exact same thing with his own "Message" agenda. Piggybacking onto anything he can that can be twisted to fit his narrative, which is generally Disney focused but has touched on Warhammer and other IPs too. Every review just dissolves into a mess of "this is woke" or "creatively bankrupt" and repeatedly saying the same words to try and appear intelligent. Maybe he should "subvert my expectations" and stop focusing on the same content to drive his message.

He does have some points, like how there's generally too many remakes & sequels these days, but we don't need to hear it in almost every video released. We get it and your Youtube channel isn't going to change it.

Congratulations, you've seen the light and realized the YouTube grift. That's ALL those "film criticism" channels do now.

T8SC

Congratulations, you've seen the light and realized the YouTube grift. That's ALL those "film criticism" channels do now.

I don't follow any others, I only followed the "Critical Drinker" because it was slightly amusing at the beginning with the whole "pretend Scottish drunk" thing. I see those Open Bar videos with "Mauler" and various others, I've no idea who they are and don't intend to, bordering on toxic.

ManaByte

I don't follow any others, I only followed the "Critical Drinker" because it was slightly amusing at the beginning with the whole "pretend Scottish drunk" thing. I see those Open Bar videos with "Mauler" and various others, I've no idea who they are and don't intend to, bordering on toxic.

It's all a grift for monetized views. It's no different than deceptive clickbait on websites. It's just culture war BS trying to piss people off so they share videos and like and subscribe to their channels.

It's also all disingenuous and performative. The biggest Last Jedi hate channel loved the movie before he realized how much money he could get by smashing the DVD bonus disc (while claiming he was smashing the movie disc) and crying in his car over the movie:

Kilau

It's all a grift for monetized views. It's no different than deceptive clickbait on websites. It's just culture war BS trying to piss people off so they share videos and like and subscribe to their channels.

It's also all disingenuous and performative. The biggest Last Jedi hate channel loved the movie before he realized how much money he could get by smashing the DVD bonus disc (while claiming he was smashing the movie disc) and crying in his car over the movie:

I joke about the angry youtubers but I didn't need any of them to see that disney star wars sucked from the first movie.

T8SC

Never seen that guy before but there's enough TLJ hate around, im not a fan of the movie but don't need a manbaby to tell me "why" its bad and how its broke Star Wars etc.

With "The Critical Drinker" being an author, you'd think he'd be less clickbait and actually have some varied insights instead of just "this is creatively bankrupt, delivering 'The Message' and subverting my expectations". Oh look, Warhammer fans are annoyed at female Custodes, time to go jump on that band wagon too.

ManaByte

Oh look, Warhammer fans are annoyed at female Custodes, time to go jump on that band wagon too.

It's all culture war bullshit and latching onto whatever will make them the most money out of the most rage views.

You're going to see a bunch of stupid thumbnails and crying over Cassandra Nova being the villain in Deadpool and Wolverine (it's already started), calling her a "non-binary Professor X gender-swap", when she's a character from the Morrison run of X-Men and not something they just invented to be woke.

T8SC

It's all culture war bullshit and latching onto whatever will make them the most money out of the most rage views.

You're going to see a bunch of stupid thumbnails and crying over Cassandra Nova being the villain in Deadpool and Wolverine (it's already started), calling her a "non-binary Professor X gender-swap", when she's a character from the Morrison run of X-Men and not something they just invented to be woke.

Hopefully the Youtube algorithm won't recommend them. The clickbait "Fake game ads" are enough without clickbait content too.

Thaedolus

I love that I pay like $900/mo for insurance, then have a $40 copay just to see this dude bro podiatrist who spent like 10 minutes carving out my foot and then still get sent a $104 bill a month later.

Jesus fucking Christ. At least I can walk without pain for the first time in like 4 months

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It might have already been said but I couldn't find, who was that janfranx that created like a thousand gaf profiles, was he a known gaffer before?
Because that man seemed to have a real problem doing it that much and for so long.

Toons

I saw a YouTube thumbnail reacting to the lion King movie trailer that depicts baby mufasa saying "im gay now"

And after actually watching the trailer I cant even imagine what hoops the channel jumped through to even begin to make that make sense.

I can't wait til this era is over; its been too long already and I dont know what will kill it off

Theres also of course the fact Deadpool 3 is the very first mcu film to have an openly LGBT main character but these folks are likely gonna dodge around that factoid

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Good call. Culture war BS is very bad for one's mental health. In real life, I cut out all the people who complain way too much and it's made my life better. I don't see why I can't do that for my media consumption too. I get criticism and I appreciate the purpose it serves, but this algorithm fishing, ragebait, clickbait, content farm machine is just too much, even for shit that I generally agree with.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

The "everything is woke and bad" crowd grow less and less relevant by the day, and have just been yelling at each in an increasingly small circle for the last few years. Maybe at one time they had some sort of point, performative rainbow capitalism is a thing, but it feels like all the more level headed people moved on years ago after realising it wasn't worth the energy for something so inconsequential. These people sound like they haven't seen a blade of grass in weeks. You go outside into the regular world and realising that absolutely nobody really cares about any of this shit.

It's honestly exhausting on GAF sometimes. Circlejerks of people posting about how much they definitely don't care about new woke thing and how the west is collapsing until it reaches 10, 15, 20 pages. You often see people drop in within the first few posts of a thread to post something completely unrelated to the subject because they know it rakes in the reacts. Same grift, but no money involved. If you see a female in a video game and your immediate thoughts are "pandering SJW woke western women ugly don't censor superior waifu" you've got severe brain worms.

Mild rant, it's just a culture shock when GAF is the only place I see this stuff in 2024. No social media, no Twitter and not hanging out in Discords full of semi-closeted bigots really helps. And it's not so pervasive here that GAF is unusable or anything, it doesn't bother me, it's just such an unbelievably trite, dull and humourless world view to have on absolutely everything.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The "everything is woke and bad" crowd grow less and less relevant by the day, and have just been yelling at each in an increasingly small circle for the last few years. Maybe at one time they had some sort of point, performative rainbow capitalism is a thing, but it feels like all the more level headed people moved on years ago after realising it wasn't worth the energy for something so inconsequential. These people sound like they haven't seen a blade of grass in weeks. You go outside into the regular world and realising that absolutely nobody really cares about any of this shit.
Amen. I feel the same about the other side too. The internet has become a cesspool in general. Everything has become toxic echo chambers. I find myself being less happy the more time I spend on it. Conversely, also why I enjoy a handful of threads here on gaf, because none of that is in those threads.

nush

I cut out all the people who complain way too much and it's made my life better.

That's one of the things I liked most when I lived in China. It's quite often, tough and shit but the Chinese don't piss and moan about it. They have a very much *Shrug* "yeah, things could be better" then get on and make the most of it and look on the bright side.

Coming back to England they fucking piss and moan about every fucking little thing and drag everyone around them down. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU'VE GOT IT GOOD.

Toons

I never liked him but what i realized is he doesn't WANT to change it.

He'd lose money if it changes. His entire income from the channel is complaining about the same stuff to the same people who mostly already agree with him.

If they changed their ways, he'd lose content to make content out of. Its a brilliant sort of eternal money scheme, a money tree that drops dollars every time you kick it. Who'd cut that tree down?

Peggies

Gold Member
s1xzhkV.jpeg

Has anyone been into the "Dear David" story in 2017? I know I'm late to the party but now that I read the whole thread I'm actually really impressed by the creativity and commitment of that guy (Adam Ellis). Chapeau, you beautiful bastard!

FunkMiller

Yeah. I did the same. The grift has taken over completely now. In his Warhammer 40k video he clearly did absolutely zero research into it, and was literally just parroting stuff he'd heard other people say. That's fine if you're hard of thinking, but not for me.

s1xzhkV.jpeg

Has anyone been into the "Dear David" story in 2017? I know I'm late to the party but now that I read the whole thread I'm actually really impressed by the creativity and commitment of that guy (Adam Ellis). Chapeau, you beautiful bastard!

If you find supernatural genre fascinating, you might like The Enfield Poltergeist documentary series on Apple TV.

Top Bottom