• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "Starfield is exclusive to Xbox and PC. Period."

S0ULZB0URNE

Serouj2000

They're a 1st party studio. Just like all the others.

If you want to play their games get an xbox or play them on your PC. Because you wont be seeing them on any other console
Didn't stop MLB 21 from launching on Xbox.
Idga* if MLB was publishing the Xbox version. The devs were a PSS 1st party.

tenor.gif

Hezekiah

Banned
You'd think the Sony faithful would have picked up on the fact that they really shouldn't be downplaying exclusives just because a PC port exists. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I've been seeing quite a few PS games on PC as it stands.
Horizon, Death Stranding, and Days Gone next week - "quite a few".

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I love how bathesda games were literally applauded across the board over the past 10 years (albeit fallout 76). Despite their games being buggy this forum practically jizzed at every bathesda games.

Now that MS has bought them, we are seeing a ton more comments like "bathesda games were never good" and "their games are overrated and outdated ".

Entirely predictable.

I remember Xbox fans trashing games like Yakuza on to be praised as soon as the game arrived on Game Pass.

Xbox fans are also very negative towards PlayStation exclusives, but as soon as a Sony developer joins Xbox, there's a thread about it on NeoGAF, along with Xbox fans celebrating on Twitter.

I've seen more narrative changes coming from Xbox fans more than anything else.

Personally, the vast majority of their games didn't appeal to me. I dropped every Fallout game after a 1-2 hours. I did enjoy Oblivion, but dropped Skyrim after an hour. Same goes for Wolfenstein and Doom.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I've seen more narrative changes coming from Xbox fans more than anything else.
You mean the narrative changes that you just made in your post.
I remember Xbox fans trashing games like Yakuza on to be praised as soon as the game arrived on Game Pass.
Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza and SMT were always the most requested Japanese games for Xbox. I mean look at the replies from Xbox fans here.

Full disclosure, I am sucker for ND, but TLoU Part 2 was tecnically great but narrativelly a total waste of time and money. And I am one of those that bought the first game 2 times.

So, when I say that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are bad, it means just that: they are bad.

There is no such thing as an objectively good game or a bad game, gaming is a 100% subjective artform. There is no correct or incorrect opinions no matter how universally agreed/disagreed with the opinion is. So no, those games are not bad, you just think they are

I love how bathesda games were literally applauded across the board over the past 10 years (albeit fallout 76). Despite their games being buggy this forum practically jizzed at every bathesda games.

Now that MS has bought them, we are seeing a ton more comments like "bathesda games were never good" and "their games are overrated and outdated ".

Entirely predictable.

I've noticed around here a game's "quality" has a strong correlation with whether or not Playstation gamers can play it

I guarantee more than the 2 known upcoming PS5 games come.

I am going by what MS said..

Games will be 1st on XB or best.
Also that they will fulfill prior contracts.

So I have 2 questions about this bet (just for clarity and interest)

1. When is the end period, technically this bet could last forever... "just because they haven't released one yet doesn't mean they won't in the future"

2. Do rereleases of older games that were on Playstation count? Like if they remade Skyrim and released it on PS5/Series X would that count?

Hezekiah

Banned
That's not quite true if you consider other 2nd party games that are not available on Xbox.

Detroit
Predator Hunting Grounds
Kena
Sifu
Beyond Souls
Sray
I'm sure at least two of those games arent even out yet, and he was talking past tense.

Beyond Souls is about a decade old, but yeah I guess that counts.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You mean the narrative changes that you just made in your post.

Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza and SMT were always the most requested Japanese games for Xbox. I mean look at the replies from Xbox fans here.

Xbox fanboys =/= general Xbox fans.

I didn't make narrative changes in my post, but you being one of the biggest Xbox fans on this forum doesn't surprise me. lol

I think that’s probably true - I also think Microsoft may be moving into sort of a platform agnostic model in the future and will likely try to put gamepass on Sony consoles as well as spend less time developing their own consoles. Like they’ll offer them but they won’t put much stock in the console itself more the service

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think that’s probably true - I also think Microsoft may be moving into sort of a platform agnostic model in the future and will likely try to put gamepass on Sony consoles as well as spend less time developing their own consoles. Like they’ll offer them but they won’t put much stock in the console itself more the service
The Land Of Make Believe Wow GIF

sendit

They own the video game rights and if they didn't go multi-platform they would of lost the rights.
Don't be delusional. Microsoft now owns both the publishing and development rights to Starfield and anything else under the Bethesda umbrella. You won't see Starfield on the PS platform.

Last edited:
This thread is console warrior bait. Anyone here claiming to know exactly what the exclusive status of Starfield is, is lying. I personally think it will be an Xbox/PC exclusive but until MS finally announce the game on the virtual stage at this E3 I’m not gonna make any claims. Only MS truly knows the status of the game and just because an insider says he knows “period” doesn’t make it 100% so. Shit could be timed exclusive for all we know (highly unlikely but still remotely possible).

Either way, I’m looking forward to learning more about the game. I’m tired of endless speculations and leaked screenshots. I wanna see gameplay and know if the game is worth the hype because honestly other than DOOM and Skyrim I’ve not been very impressed with the publisher Bethesda’s output. I think they are a shadow of their former selves.

Mister Wolf

Looking at Bethesda's past games, I don't think Playstation will be missing much. Plus any die hard Bethesda fan is likely playing on pc, where the bugs get fixed faster anyway.
Assuming they have a PC, let alone a PC capable of matching the GPU in the $500 Series X which is RTX 2080 level in raster performance.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Xbox fanboys =/= general Xbox fans.

I didn't make narrative changes in my post, but you being one of the biggest Xbox fans on this forum doesn't surprise me. lol
Content-Migration-and-Ever-Moving-Goalposts2.jpeg

Do you just conveniently make stuff up for the sake of console warring?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Content-Migration-and-Ever-Moving-Goalposts2.jpeg

Do you just conveniently make stuff up for the sake of console warring?
No, I'm not you.

Anyone who can on Twitter or browse these forums and realize that the Xbox fanboys act differently than the majority of most casual xbox consumers.

You're going to deny that Xbox fans on Twitter didn't trash games prior to Xbox acquiring them on their platform?

Before

Now

Assuming they have a PC, let alone a PC capable of matching the GPU in the $500 Series X which is RTX 2080 level in raster performance.
You forgot the Series S exists? If it’s designed to run on that as well you won’t need a high spec’d PC to run it. A 1060 would probably do. You just won’t get any of the graphical bells and whistles of the higher end cards.

No, I'm not you.

Anyone who can on Twitter or browse these forums and realize that the Xbox fanboys act differently than the majority of most casual xbox consumers.

You're going to deny that Xbox fans on Twitter didn't trash games prior to Xbox acquiring them on their platform?

Before

Now

This guy sounds like a moron, are there really people who dislike bethesda games that much? I don’t know a single one in real life. If people like open world rpgs they tend to like what bethesda produces - it’s like saying rockstar is shit and their games play like shit it’s genuinely delusional internet gamers. I guess it’s just cool to hate on I dunno. But the VAST majority of people like Elder Scrolls and Fallout

EDIT: Damn I did not read the thread - what is up with the hate boner for Bethesda? Is it just Fallout 76 sucked so they suck? Microsoft bought them so they suck? I straight up don’t understand. Everyone knows their games have a lot of jank but to act like they aren’t worth anything is preposterous.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

No, I'm not you.
Yeah, unlike you I don't go and troll Playstation threads. The last time I did anything close to that was March 2020 when the entire forum was heating up with spec/ssd threads.
Says something about the person when your twitter feed looks like that.

Before

Now

Maybe I should use Crapgamer as a standard for people who post on Next Gen Spec thread. Thought we were talking about Xbox fans hating Yakuza before it arrived on Game Pass. Instead I have to deal with a guy who visits Xbox threads to cry about "Xbox fans".

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah, unlike you I don't go and troll Playstation threads. The last time I did anything close to that was March 2020 when the entire forum was heating up with spec/ssd threads.

This thread is PS related since it deals with a game that's not coming on the PS platform which was once speculated on.

It's obvious.

Says something about the person when your twitter feed looks like that.
Maybe I should use Crapgamer as a standard for people who post on Next Gen Spec thread. Thought we were talking about Xbox fans hating Yakuza before it arrived on Game Pass. Instead I have to deal with a guy who visits Xbox threads to cry about "Xbox fans".

You don't have to. You're simply getting defensive when I just pointed out that Xbox fans have been known to do the same thing.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This guy sounds like a moron, are there really people who dislike bethesda games that much? I don’t know a single one in real life. If people like open world rpgs they tend to like what bethesda produces - it’s like saying rockstar is shit and their games play like shit it’s genuinely delusional internet gamers. I guess it’s just cool to hate on I dunno. But the VAST majority of people like Elder Scrolls and Fallout
I remember Hellblade was called a walking simulator just like TLOU and now the game is praised ever since it was released on Xbox. The Xbox fanboys on Twitter are always doing stuff like this, more than any other fan base. lol

TBF a game can make you hate it the more you play it. Like Fallout 4 i hate with a passion purely because i hate the building element that seems mandatory so much. Which wasnt as bad in Fallout 76.

I remember Hellblade was called a walking simulator just like TLOU and now the game is praised ever since it was released on Xbox. The Xbox fanboys on Twitter are always doing stuff like this, more than any other fan base. lol
What in the world. People need to take a step back these are products, whichever plastic box has the games you want and you enjoy using. Buy that one - or buy em all if you like em all and leave it at that

EDIT: also in no way is hellblade in competition with LOU, its not even in the same stratosphere. Even the second one which I didn’t love the story

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
You forgot the Series S exists? If it’s designed to run on that as well you won’t need a high spec’d PC to run it. A 1060 would probably do. You just won’t get any of the graphical bells and whistles of the higher end cards.

What are you talking about? He’s saying that unless you have a SX quality PC you’ll be missing out on playing the game on that quality.

Top Bottom