• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Pre Orders open on Sunday. Fable may show up at Xbox Showcase, says Jeff Grubb

Draugoth

Gold Member
GreenMan Gaming seemingly confirms that Starfield pre orders are happening after the direct next week. They specify to “check the direct out and wishlist now”

just-received-an-email-an-hour-ago-from-greenman-gaming-v0-nixukfo3sg4b1.jpg

Also, Jeff Grubb changes his mind, wouldn’t he surprised Fable will be at the event.
"I've changed my mind. I'll no longer be surprised if Fable is at the Xbox show. I still don't know anything."

If the twitter tease wasn't enough they've been tweeting about Fable for the last year, game is obviously coming along quickly and I can't wait to see what PG have done with it.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
GreenMan Gaming seemingly confirms that Starfield pre orders are happening after the direct next week. They specify to “check the direct out and wishlist now”

just-received-an-email-an-hour-ago-from-greenman-gaming-v0-nixukfo3sg4b1.jpg

Also, Jeff Grubb changes his mind, wouldn’t he surprised Fable will be at the event.

Way to go out on a limb there Jeff!

Fredrik

Fable and avowed on the showcase will be a huge win.
That is three huge rpg games for Xbox.

At least we PC players will eat good with mods.
Dumb question perhaps - Is it possible to use mods on Windows Store / PC Gamepass versions?
My plan right now is to go with the Steam versions just to not be locked out from mods.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Why pay for gamepass to only play starfield?

Why else?
Redfall? Halo Infinite Multiplayer?

I sure was expecting to get a whole lot more from Gamepass than I did so far, yet here we are.
I'm sure as hell not going to pay extra for Starfield when it's one of the very few things in the horizon that makes me take advantage of Gamepass..

feynoob

Why else?

I sure was expecting to get a whole lot more from Gamepass than I did so far, yet here we are.
I'm sure as hell not going to pay extra for Starfield when it's one of the very few things in the horizon that makes me take advantage of Gamepass..
I am paying gamepass for games that I can't buy due to my budget limitation.
Certain games are day1 for me and will be steam.

For other Xbox games, I am not going to buy them as I am not fan of them so they will be gamepass day1 for me(halo, Forza)

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I am paying gamepass for games that I can't buy due to my budget limitation.
Certain games are day1 for me and will be steam.

For other Xbox games, I am not going to buy them as I am not fan of them so they will be gamepass day1 for me(halo, Forza)

So you consider Gamepass to be a 3rd rate method of playing games?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why would anyone preorder this game? It’s Bethesda, it’s Microsoft, it’s a single player game, just buy it when it comes out and reviews are there.

Sorcerer

Why pay for gamepass to only play starfield?
Joking aside, people want to own their games. You can't keep subbing to gamepass forever.
You can subscribe to gamepass for as long as please, and keep the first party games on there indefinitely, but you will have to buy your dlc which will become unusable once you drop gamepass. LOL!!! I suppose it's the same on the Playstation side.

Last edited:

Fredrik

You can. But steam is still superior.
Iirc there was trouble to get access to the files in Windows Store versions in the past. Is that still why Steam versions are superior?
I just want full access to mods, no restrictions. Skyrim with mods is among my top all time favorite games.

feynoob

You can subscribe to gamepass for as long as please, and keep the first party games on there indefinitely, but you will have to buy your dlc which will become unusable once you drop gamepass. LOL!!! I suppose it's the same on the Playstation side.
I think the problem is paying 180$ a year nonstop.
And the possibility of losing it, when you unsub the service.

feynoob

Iirc there was trouble to get access to the files in Windows Store versions in the past. Is that still why Steam versions are superior?
I just want full access to mods, no restrictions. Skyrim with mods is among my top all time favorite games.
Windows made it harder due to file restrictions. Now that MS lifted it, you can mod it.

The difference is that steam has steam workshop.

j.k.2021

Banned
SF is 3 months away, about time they open pre-orders.

Also reportedly, that Starfield themed controller and headset will be going for orders post-showcase as well.

That headset and controller will sell out fast.People wanting them better keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Why pre-orders if it's in gamepass? Pc only?

Not every Xbox or PC owner is a GP subscriber. But you already knew that.

Why else?

Halo Infinite multiplayer was F2P, so I’m not sure how you’re talking that up with Gamepass.

Sorcerer

I think the problem is paying 180$ a year nonstop.
And the possibility of losing it, when you unsub the service.
It almost puts one in the position of playing the main game and being done with it rather than spending a ton of money on the game just out of principal. I wonder if people feel okay with buying parts of the game that will be unusable once you unsubscribe?
It's quite a conundrum.
Does one simply appreciate the main game is part of the sub and feel okay paying for something extra that will not work once you unsub?
I get why third parties do this, they put the games on their hoping for the monetization. That's reasonable. But there is the fact the game is getting pulled sooner or later.
I just think Microsoft should give you the whole enchilada with 1st party games.
Right or wrong, I remember thinking Fallout 3 game of the year edition would be a given on gamepass, to be a little shocked you still had to pay 20 bucks for the dlc. I think you get the entire thing on pc, but unfortuntaley that thing won't even boot through pc gamepass for me.

Last edited:

feynoob

It almost puts one in the position of playing the main game and being done with it rather than spending a ton of money on the game just out of principal. I wonder if people feel okay with buying parts of the game that will be unusable once you unsubscribe?
It's quite a conundrum.
Does one simply appreciate the main game is part of the sub and feel okay paying for something extra that will not work once you unsub?
I get why third parties do this, they put the games on their hoping for the monetization. That's reasonable. But there is the fact the game is getting pulled sooner or later.
I just think Microsoft should give you the whole enchilada with 1st party games.
That is not the point.
I like to own my games. I am not going to rely on a sub to play these games. I am human being and there will be a time, when gamepass has no value for me.
The service isn't an issue. I just don't want to lose my ability to play the game, because I am not subbing to a service.

These insiders are amazing. Predicting games Xbox basically already told us themselves and games that were known from the Nvidia leak.

How do they do it?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Those headsets are £80 right now, direct from Xbox. What makes the Starfield one worth an extra £35?

Last edited:

Sorcerer

That is not the point.
I like to own my games. I am not going to rely on a sub to play these games. I am human being and there will be a time, when gamepass has no value for me.
The service isn't an issue. I just don't want to lose my ability to play the game, because I am not subbing to a service.
Not arguing with you it's a valid point. I got game pass when building a pc during the pandemic seemed nightmarish due to pricing. And I've come to realize I would be happier staying on Steam buying the games. You start one game on game pass knowing you can't play everything, and it sort of becomes something you sort of need to rush through.
It has its plusses, but it also has it's downsides. (Especially if you are ocd about some things like me LOL). I think I am going to let my sub lapse though.

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about gaming subscriptions like someone who time-traveled from the 80's attempting to wrap their heads around how Netflix works? No shit you lose access to the games if you cancel your sub, PS+ was doing that 13 years ago.

feynoob

Not arguing with you it's a valid point. I got game pass when building a pc during the pandemic seemed nightmarish due to pricing. And I've come to realize I would be happier staying on Steam buying the games. You start one game on game pass knowing you can't play everything, and it sort of becomes something you sort of need to rush through.
It has its plusses, but it also has it's downsides. (Especially if you are ocd about some things like me LOL). I think I am going to let my sub lapse though.
It's a good for games like age of empires and city skylines. 2 games which I want to try this weekend.

Top Bottom