• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordCBH

Worst case scenario, I think it's going to be a solid show, just for the fact that we will see more of Forza Motorsport and Starfield. Throw in some Avowed, Fable, Helbalde II, an id FPS, an InXile RPG reveal, updates of the current catalog (Halo, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Flight Simulator, etc. ), some AAA third party games and some indies and it could be a great show.

Honestly if I see gameplay of Avowed and/or Fable with release dates on at least one of them, I’ll be very fucking happy.

niilokin

the other night I saw a dream about Elder Scrolls 7, it was so fucking confusing since I repeatedly dream about Elder Scrolls 6 and there I'm in my dream thinking how the hell did I miss Elder Scrolls 6 release, since it's a game I keep seeing dreams about all the time and ES7 is already out. :messenger_dizzy:

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Fredrik

Honestly I'm expecting this to run Zelda very close for GOTY. The word epic is used too much in game's but in this case it may well be justified, few more days we'll know a lot more 🤞
I don’t think it has a chance against TOTK but it’s okay and I still know this game will devour my life when it’s out. It’s pretty much my dream game. No Man’s Sky X Mass Effect X Skyrim/Fallout. Even standard Bethesda jank can’t stop it as far as I’m concerned.

I'm surprised everyone has forgotten about Kojima's new game for Xbox. I suspect it might show up. In fact, I think it's the perfect game to open the showcase, granted they have some decent gameplay to show. I know it's pretty early in development, but I also think it's much further along than people realise.

I too am of the opinion that Hellblade 2 will be released in the last 1/4 of this yr. Or, worst case scenario, first 1/4 of 2024.

Fredrik

Yeah. I personally can't believe that such a major portion of the community is rooting for this game to fail, instead of wanting it to actually deliver on the premise of a massive, explorable universe within the context of a story-heavy AAA game that BioWare couldn't develop as their original vision for Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Citizen hasn't yet delivered and aren't expected to do so for several years, if ever.

Starfield might as well be the most important release in the open-world genre since Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018, due to its gigantic scope and the high production values relative to its scale. I don't think any of us is ready for it, in case it lives up to the hype. It could be a Skyrim-type phenomenon all over again.
As always, the negativity mostly comes from the exclusivity. Bethesda’s previous launch issues don’t help but normally people who’re not interested are just walking away and continue with their lives, but when it’s exclusives people stay and try to debate in long posts about why they don’t like it. And fans will stay and defend it. It’s that way with all exclusives on all platforms. And we’ve seen nothing yet when it comes to Starfield negativity, it’ll get a bump after this showcase but will peak during launch. It’ll be noisy.

feynoob

Banned
I saw today that the Fable team is hiring for a producer for Fable. Not sure it will be ready 🤷‍♂️

I saw today that the Fable team is hiring for a producer for Fable. Not sure it will be ready 🤷‍♂️

Oh damn :/

TBH I wasn't expecting gameplay for this at the showcase. But, they can at least do a trailer with some actual substance, like a story trailer. That way people know what the plot and themes of the game's story are going to be, and meet some of the central cast.

Sleepwalker

My series X after the showcase hits:

Im Back Wake Up GIF

supernova8

Banned
Interesting to see that Xbox didn't have anything (or much unless I skimmed too fast) at Geoff's Dorito bonanza.... is that a ... good sign or a bad sign?

Guess you can read it both ways:
Good: Xbox wants to have a massive blowout on its own terms
Bad: Xbox has no games and therefore needs to keep all the scraps to itself

Pick your side
Ken Watanabe Godzilla GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Interesting to see that Xbox didn't have anything (or much unless I skimmed too fast) at Geoff's Dorito bonanza.... is that a ... good sign or a bad sign?

Guess you can read it both ways:
Good: Xbox wants to have a massive blowout on its own terms
Bad: Xbox has no games and therefore needs to keep all the scraps to itself

Pick your side
Ken Watanabe Godzilla GIF by Legendary Entertainment
They have a 2 hour show in a couple of days, why give anything to summer shitfest?

supernova8

Banned
They have a 2 hour show in a couple of days, why give anything to summer shitfest?
Well I was kinda surprised that, for instance, the Spider 2 man release date was announced at the shitfest, along with actual gameplay with MK1 and gameplay for FF7R2 (especially since that one seems to be a PS5 exclusive), which I guess might suggest Playstation thought they had enough in the tank to "give" that stuff to shitfest (of course it's not all their call, but surely they have influence). You can easily extrapolate and let your mind run wild about Xbox then... but let's not.

Anyway now that the shiftest was "meh" at best and the Playstation Showcase was a bit underwhelming, it's all riding on Agent Phil (not Harrison, Spencer!) to deliver the goods. Really hope he does.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Last edited:

splattered

Well I was kinda surprised that, for instance, the Spider 2 man release date was announced at the shitfest, along with actual gameplay with MK1 and gameplay for FF7R2 (especially since that one seems to be a PS5 exclusive), which I guess might suggest Playstation thought they had enough in the tank to "give" that stuff to shitfest (of course it's not all their call, but surely they have influence). You can easily extrapolate and let your mind run wild about Xbox then... but let's not.

Anyway now that the shiftest was "meh" at best and the Playstation Showcase was a bit underwhelming, it's all riding on Agent Phil (not Harrison, Spencer!) to deliver the goods. Really hope he does.

Did playstation "think they had enough in the tank" to throw a few things into summer game fest or did they last minute scramble to try and put anything interesting into summer game fest hot off the heels or what was widely considered an extremely dull and disappointing showcase? I personally thought the Ps showcase was ok... Just like I'm expecting the Xbox show to be ok. I don't think fans are going to say anyone had a good show this year regardless of what is shown.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Honestly, after both Sony and SGF shows, my expectations are very low for this Xbox showcase. I don't think for one second that Xbox isn't prey to the same failings as the rest of the industry at the moment. I'd love to be proved wrong, because fuck me, somebody needs to check Sony's rampant greed... but given the things Phil's been saying recently, I very much doubt it's coming from him and his.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Gonna be a good Sunday :messenger_smiling:
I am keeping myself in check for Sunday. The past two shows have been a let down...and I made sure I was prepared for a let down. Years ago I used to literally get so hyped for a show, then was let down, I was deflated and tired after the show. Frustrated too. That doesn't happen anymore.

I am keeping myself in check for Sunday. The past two shows have been a let down...and I made sure I was prepared for a let down. Years ago I used to literally get so hyped for a show, then was let down, I was deflated and tired after the show. Frustrated too. That doesn't happen anymore.

Its hard to imagine it being worse than the last two shows. I expect it will be pretty good.

Mephisto40

I'm going to predict in advance the gameplay for starfield isn't going to be up to scratch with peoples expectations and consequently torn apart by the community

Top Bottom