• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox partner preview show Wednesday, October 25, at 10am PT (1pm ET / 6pm BST)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Please Note: Xbox Partner Preview will not feature any additional news, game reveals, or Game Pass information related to the recent acquisition of Activision Blizzard King.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/10/23/xbox-partner-preview-announce/

We are delighted to announce our next broadcast event: Xbox Partner Preview! This new show format will deliver a fresh mix of indie games and familiar favorites from our third-party partners like Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, Remedy Entertainment, Studio Wildcard, and others with more than 20 minutes of trailers and new gameplay footage.

This event will be digitally broadcast on Wednesday, October 25, at 10am PT (1pm ET / 6pm BST) across our Xbox owned channels, showcasing updates and new looks at games coming to Xbox and Windows as well as new info on some upcoming Game Pass titles from our incredibly talented creative third-party partners from around the world.

You can expect to see the latest information on in-game activities for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, a launch trailer for Alan Wake 2, the first gameplay for Ark: Survival Ascended, a dive into the social world of Dungeons of Hinterberg, and more!

Q&A

What time does Xbox Partner Preview begin? Wednesday, October 25, at 10am Pacific time / 1pm Eastern time / 6pm UK time.

How do I watch? Xbox Partner Preview will be available to be seen through a variety of outlets, and in over 30 languages, and American Sign Language, British Sign Language, and English Audio Descriptions here:

Please note the YouTube streams will be in 4K at 60fps, while all other channels will be 1080p / 60fps.

Is the event available in languages other than English? We will be providing subtitle support in the following languages: Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Canadian French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Moldovan, Montenegrin, Norwegian, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Castilian Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese. While we expect to have all languages available with the show’s live broadcast, it is possible that select languages may need to be added in the days following the broadcast if they have not finished translating.

Aside from going directly to a regional Xbox channel, you can find support for all languages, as well as American Sign Language (ASL) and Audio Descriptions (AD), at YouTube.com/Xbox. ASL and AD video will be listed separately, but just click the gear icon in the lower righthand corner of our primary stream to choose the language of your choice. Oftentimes YouTube will default to a random language when you join the stream so you may also want to switch over to English if needed.

Is the show going to be Accessible to those with low/no hearing or low/no vision? There will be a version of the show with Audio Descriptions (AD) in English on the Xbox YouTube channel, and American Sign Language (ASL) on Xbox’s YouTube channel and the /XboxASL Twitch channel.

I’m not going to be able to watch, where can I find out what was announced? As announcements roll out during the broadcast, the Xbox Wire team will be publishing detailed blog posts containing key announcements right here on Xbox Wire (including localized versions in Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, LATAM Spanish, and Japanese). A full show recap will go live immediately following the end of Xbox Partner Preview.

Co-streamer and content creator notes for the Xbox Partner Preview: We at Xbox greatly appreciate any co-stream efforts and aim to ensure you have a smooth experience if you choose to do so. However, due to forces beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that glitches or disruptions by bots and other automated software won’t interfere with your co-stream. For those planning to create post-show breakdowns of Xbox Partner Preview in the form of Video on Demand (VOD) coverage, we recommend you do not use any audio containing copyrighted music to avoid any action by automated bots, and to also consult the terms of service for your service provider.

Co-streamer and content creator notes for Xbox Partner Preview: Xbox Partner Preview contains no licensed music tracks and is co-streaming friendly! We invite you and your audience to tune in for watch parties, and we can’t wait to see the VOD content you create with the Xbox Partner Preview footage afterwards, too.

We can’t wait for you to join us on Wednesday, October 25 at 10am PT (1pm ET / 6pm BST) for the Xbox Partner Preview! See you soon.

No talking heads, just as series of trailers after one another.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Sounds like it's just about upcoming or already announced things, more closer to a PS State of Play. Maybe a new game or two?

Ark 2 gameplay is interesting. But look like a promotional event about upcoming announced games. AW 2 seen to be only the oficial launch trailer and not new gameplay (Sony have AW 2 marketing). Other games? We will see It but doesn't look like where some "bombshell" is going to be displayed or announced.

PS. Also 20 min?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It’s wednesday though so let’s expect something Sega related! 😜

kronk-kronk-oh-yeah.gif

PS. Also 20 min?

Article says "more than 20", like 22, 25 mins or so including intro/outro.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Sounds like it's just about upcoming or already announced things, more closer to a PS State of Play. Maybe a new game or two?

Maybe they announce Infinite Wealth is also coming to game pass day 1 here :eek:

I don’t see why it would? Like a Dragon 7 didn’t come out on Game Pass at release, it’s pretty clear that Sega isn’t doing that with new mainline titles

adamsapple

I don’t see why it would? Like a Dragon 7 didn’t come out on Game Pass at release, it’s pretty clear that Sega isn’t doing that with new mainline titles

I wouldn't have expected Like a Dragon: Man Who Erased his Name to be on GP either, a few weeks ago.

Just a guess on my part, since they very specifically call out that game by name here, especially with another one coming out much sooner.

graywolf323

I wouldn't have expected Like a Dragon: Man Who Erased his Name to be on GP either, a few weeks ago.

Just a guess on my part, since they very specifically call out that game by name here, especially with another one coming out much sooner.
maybe, we’ll see, I think Sega is fine with putting spin-offs & remakes on day 1 though

I feel like if Infinite Wealth was coming to GP day 1 they would have said so before they started allowing pre-orders because I could see that causing some minor issues otherwise, has a game ever been announced as coming to Game Pass day 1 after you’ve already been able to pre-order it on the Xbox store?

Last edited:
Interesting. I guess that is their new format? Developer Direct for the first party studios and Partner Preview for third parties? And that's without Blizzcon, Minecon, Quakecon and Xbox Showcase, TGS, Gamescon, and Xbox Showcase Extended 🔥

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ark 2 gameplay is interesting. But look like a promotional event about upcoming announced games. AW 2 seen to be only the oficial launch trailer and not new gameplay (Sony have AW 2 marketing). Other games? We will see It but doesn't look like where some "bombshell" is going to be displayed or announced.

PS. Also 20 min?

Its not Ark 2.
Its the Ark: Remake

Still one of the weirder remakes to be announced.
Even the rumored TLoU2 Remake somehow makes more sense.

b9fe6d2bc5f55621e4800965d6696a0505aa91db.jpg

321a1bda40e48ff693a62ed04ba2c3a08b0b3161.jpg

c03e290b8d0a4e21bac1a73e368574a091d81306.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that this was the rumored hidden showcase :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Though this summer we had nothing but Xbox showcases - Playstation "for everybody" Showcase, Xbox E3 Showcase, Xbox Showcase Extended, Xbox CMA Showcase, Xbox FTC Showcase, Xbox Gamescom, Xbox Tokyo Game Show....

Now we will have Blizzcon next month, The Game Awards (if Xbox is coming there today) and maybe in the beginning of the next year we will get Xbox Developer Direct.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
We might see more info on Metaphor: ReFantazio since Microsoft has marketing rights for it.

adamsapple

I have come to the conclusion that this was the rumored hidden showcase :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Though this summer we had nothing but Xbox showcases - Playstation "for everybody" Showcase, Xbox E3 Showcase, Xbox Showcase Extended, Xbox CMA Showcase, Xbox FTC Showcase, Xbox Gamescom, Xbox Tokyo Game Show....

Now we will have Blizzcon next month, The Game Awards (if Xbox is coming there today) and maybe in the beginning of the next year we will get Xbox Developer Direct.

Next year we'll have the Microsoft Activision Blizzard Bethesda Zenimax King Stream

With so many Studios they could easily do two E3 size shows in the year. Maybe revive the XO for the end/begining of the year
Why would anybody needs XO at this point? Some Partner Preview + next month there will be Blizzcon. Then TGA. They do more developer Directs, and I wonder if they will do a developer direct every year in the beginning of the year to showcase games releasing in the upcoming year.

Jboemios

Banned
Why would anybody needs XO at this point? Some Partner Preview + next month there will be Blizzcon. Then TGA. They do more developer Directs, and I wonder if they will do a developer direct every year in the beginning of the year to showcase games releasing in the upcoming year.
Because those are cooler and bigger. They can sitll do the others.

maybe, we’ll see, I think Sega is fine with putting spin-offs & remakes on day 1 though

I feel like if Infinite Wealth was coming to GP day 1 they would have said so before they started allowing pre-orders because I could see that causing some minor issues otherwise, has a game ever been announced as coming to Game Pass day 1 after you’ve already been able to pre-order it on the Xbox store?

Actually (and in a way, sadly), they probably would wait until closer to release to announce Day 1 Game Pass, precisely to hope those who already preordered don't feel bothered to "go through the effort" of cancelling their preorders, and just buy the game since it'd be more convenient for them at that point.

I remember when another, smaller game suddenly got a Day 1 Game Pass deal announced and the dev was practically begging people to not cancel their preorders since it "supported" them. You know, because Microsoft's check wasn't enough support, apparently.

(Oh now I remember that game, it was Outriders! 😛)

Also, this is Sega. They didn't have any issue giving Microsoft marketing rights to Person and Yakuza games outside of Japan, there's no telling if they have worked out a deal for the new Yakuza game to get a Day 1 drop into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (as an example) this far out.

Hellblade 2 release date trailer, believe.jpg!

Hopefully with some actual gameplay. I'm tired of the slow walking segments and scripted linear spear-chucking sequences; they need to show how this is such a big step up from the first game gameplay-wise (they haven't done so yet).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Reminder: This is happening approx 4~ hours from this post (3hr 49m to be specific).

30 minutes of game trailers, footage for third party games etc going by the official word.

Fingers crossed for a surprise game pass announcement or two.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Reminder: This is happening approx 4~ hours from this post (3hr 49m to be specific).

30 minutes of game trailers, footage for third party games etc going by the official word.

Fingers crossed for a surprise game pass announcement or two.
Alan Wake 2 please.

splattered

GTA VI Gamepass day 1. I never play these games anymore but still buy them for some reason. used to think they were dumb fun just running around doing crazy shit but there's so many games to play now and little time as I get older.

Top Bottom