• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooxsvan

We are getting a sequel being revealed

i mean most of the fake concept arts have the red 2 for bloodborne. but come on. that cant happen right???
A8bkKLR.png

Umbasaborne

Banned
Alright. Final predictions. I am not expecting anything to look as good as the matrix demo, and a lot of 60 fps targets like Demon souls, but in terms of games, this will be a banger of a show. I just dont know if 1 hour is enough time to do those 5-10 minute demos that were so mind blowing back in 2015 and 2016. Im expecting a lot of 2 minute trailers like we got in 2020.

- Spiderman 2- this will be the only gameplay demo like Ratchet in 2020.
- MGS3
- Silent Hill 2
- Factions - Gameplay trailer like Returnals.
- No Death Stranding - Kojima has been very quiet. Might be at the summer game fest instead with a long 10 minute trailer Sony likely refused to put in their 1 hour conference.
- PC announcements for Horizon FW, GOW, GT7 and Factions. Jimbo said $450 million (up from $250 million last year) PC revenue this year so I expect a lot of these games to start showing up.
- Astrobot VR
- RE4 VR
- Half Life VR
- Ueda's next masterpiece - will look like a PS4 game, be my game of the show and expose me for the cross gen hypocrite I am.
- Wolverine teaser
- SSM new IP teaser
- TLOU3 teaser
- Bend, Bluepoint, Sucker Punch and GG will be no-shows.

Show will be packed with quality games but I suspect I will be disappointed due to lack of gameplay demos and next gen-ness. Just like the 2020 show which looking back is probably the 3rd best show of the decade in terms of number of games, but disappointed me at the time.

What I want to see, but dont expect to see:
- TLOU3 mind blowing cinematic gameplay
- Factions mind blowing gameplay featuring hundreds of zombies
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 gameplay footage
- Wolverine looking CG as fuck
- Cory's new IP pushing setpieces, physics and destruction
- Spiderman 2 looking like the Matrix demo with full scale physics and destruction
- Bluepoint making Demon Souls 2
- Hoirzon MP - Next gen visuals, 5 player coop taking down tallnecks with fast next gen flying and horseback. No fortnite crap.
- Insomniac MP Game - Suicide Squad/Avengers esque super hero coop game but obviously better. The reception to SS might have axed this game though.
What you’ll get

10 indie games, 5 of which will turn into vapor ware and never see the light of day.

A trailer for some destiny 2 battlepass or
something

A spiderman 2 trailer that has some gameplay

Maybe a cg trailer for another first party game like faction

Cg for silent hill 2 and mgs 3 remakes

Last edited:
What's so hard to believe?

I don't have an Xbox as I have a PC and it's my main platform. I have a Switch for exclusives and if any PS5 exclusives interest me I'll buy a PS5. I'm watching to see what Sony have to offer and decide if I want to get a PS5. Not everyone needs or wants a PS5 lol

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I don't have an Xbox as I have a PC and it's my main platform. I have a Switch for exclusives and if any PS5 exclusives interest me I'll buy a PS5. I'm watching to see what Sony have to offer and decide if I want to get a PS5. Not everyone needs or wants a PS5 lol

I responded to a different person. Not you.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I don't have an Xbox as I have a PC and it's my main platform. I have a Switch for exclusives and if any PS5 exclusives interest me I'll buy a PS5. Not everyone needs or wants a PS5 lol
I own the PS5 and have since launch day and pretty sure I have been consistent in saying all along I mainly game on Xbox because A) My adult son plays there and B) I actually prefer the controller especially the pro style controllers

Sanepar

Alright. Final predictions. I am not expecting anything to look as good as the matrix demo, and a lot of 60 fps targets like Demon souls, but in terms of games, this will be a banger of a show. I just dont know if 1 hour is enough time to do those 5-10 minute demos that were so mind blowing back in 2015 and 2016. Im expecting a lot of 2 minute trailers like we got in 2020.

- Spiderman 2- this will be the only gameplay demo like Ratchet in 2020.
- MGS3
- Silent Hill 2
- Factions - Gameplay trailer like Returnals.
- No Death Stranding - Kojima has been very quiet. Might be at the summer game fest instead with a long 10 minute trailer Sony likely refused to put in their 1 hour conference.
- PC announcements for Horizon FW, GOW, GT7 and Factions. Jimbo said $450 million (up from $250 million last year) PC revenue this year so I expect a lot of these games to start showing up.
- Astrobot VR
- RE4 VR
- Half Life VR
- Ueda's next masterpiece - will look like a PS4 game, be my game of the show and expose me for the cross gen hypocrite I am.
- Wolverine teaser
- SSM new IP teaser
- TLOU3 teaser
- Bend, Bluepoint, Sucker Punch and GG will be no-shows.

Show will be packed with quality games but I suspect I will be disappointed due to lack of gameplay demos and next gen-ness. Just like the 2020 show which looking back is probably the 3rd best show of the decade in terms of number of games, but disappointed me at the time.

What I want to see, but dont expect to see:
- TLOU3 mind blowing cinematic gameplay
- Factions mind blowing gameplay featuring hundreds of zombies
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 gameplay footage
- Wolverine looking CG as fuck
- Cory's new IP pushing setpieces, physics and destruction
- Spiderman 2 looking like the Matrix demo with full scale physics and destruction
- Bluepoint making Demon Souls 2
- Hoirzon MP - Next gen visuals, 5 player coop taking down tallnecks with fast next gen flying and horseback. No fortnite crap.
- Insomniac MP Game - Suicide Squad/Avengers esque super hero coop game but obviously better. The reception to SS might have axed this game though.
That would be a totally crap show IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom