• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am keeping myself in check for Sunday. The past two shows have been a let down...and I made sure I was prepared for a let down. Years ago I used to literally get so hyped for a show, then was let down, I was deflated and tired after the show. Frustrated too. That doesn't happen anymore.

If this is gonna be a let down, it better be a massive let down. Like, Todd trying to show something real time and it breaks in a big way. Something like that.

Mediocre shows are so boring.

I promised myself to keep my expectations in check but I’m really starting to feel the hype now 😵‍💫 Hoping for something cool and unexpected besides what’s rumored.

Hype is gonna kill Starfield, apart from their own incompetence.

I really don't wanna watch this showcase.

Todd is gonna talk about character progression and quest system and how exploration works. It's just gonna go stratospheric.

Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Ozriel

M$FT
Interesting to see that Xbox didn't have anything (or much unless I skimmed too fast) at Geoff's Dorito bonanza.... is that a ... good sign or a bad sign?

Guess you can read it both ways:
Good: Xbox wants to have a massive blowout on its own terms
Bad: Xbox has no games and therefore needs to keep all the scraps to itself

Pick your side
Ken Watanabe Godzilla GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Yes, they’re so short of things to show that they’ve booked a 90 mins showcase and took Starfield out for a separate deep dive.

I'm going to predict in advance the gameplay for starfield isn't going to be up to scratch with peoples expectations and consequently torn apart by the community

Given your post history with Starfield, this seems more like ‘fervent wish’ than ‘prediction’.

I like to play good games and I like space, so I’d be thrilled if you’re proven wrong.

Fredrik

Hype is gonna kill Starfield, apart from their own incompetence.

I really don't wanna watch this showcase.

Todd is gonna talk about character progression and quest system and how exploration works. It's just gonna go stratospheric.

Hopefully it doesn't happen.
Tbh, the last showcase already blew me away. They need to stumble on something they’ve been finetuning for decades to get me cranky. So not too worried there.

Haters gonna hate though. And it’s an exclusive so that will increase the negativity. It’ll be noisy for sure but I don’t think it’ll be a trainwreck.

clarky

Gold Member
Interested to see more of Starfield, Looked great last year. A bit rough around the edges for sure, lets see what 12 months of extra graft has achieved.

reksveks

I am slightly less concerned about that spoiler cause MS teased it but still unsure if there will be a disappointment to it.

Banned
Hear me out.

The following logo shows up on-screen:

Fallout V

But then, the V begins to move to the right, just enough for the rest of the logo to fade-in from black, revealing:

Fallout: New Vegas 2

BlWl.gif

they could combine it...
call it Fallout V: Return to New Vegas or something. that would make it feel more substantial I think, if they position it as the next main entry as well as a sequel to New Vegas

Top Bottom