• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "Starfield is exclusive to Xbox and PC. Period."

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Cool story bro. The games are not even good. I beat Oblivion (100 hours) and Skyrim (over 60 hours). Very overrated games. Full of bugs, bad design, bad graphics, horrible animations, bad menus and inventory, garbage combat (cant emphasize this enough) poor progression and class variety, garbage narrative/dramatization, bottom-tier voice acting...the endings suck too! I could go on and on, but if you like that crap more power to you bro! Enjoy!
giphy.gif

"I spent 160 hours playing 2 games that are full of bugs, bad design, bad graphics, horrible animations, bad menus..."

Do you even hear yourself?

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The person you responded to wasn't doing that. He simply said not everyone has the time or money for everything and you took that as your moment to define what fanboyism is. That just isn't true. There are more people who have to make a choice between which system vs those who can afford to have them all.
I wasn’t calling the person i responded a fanboy but understanding his conjecture and saying that in reality that’s the root of most fanboyism. Like I said your reading comprehension is awful.

Cool story bro. The games are not even good. I beat Oblivion (100 hours) and Skyrim (over 60 hours). Very overrated games. Full of bugs, bad design, bad graphics, horrible animations, bad menus and inventory, garbage combat (cant emphasize this enough) poor progression and class variety, garbage narrative/dramatization, bottom-tier voice acting...the endings suck too! I could go on and on, but if you like that crap more power to you bro! Enjoy!

You spent 200 hours on two games you claim aren't any good. What a gargantuan pile of steamy bullshit. Thanks for confirming the games are good. If they weren't enjoyable to you, then you wouldn't have spent such a large amount of time in them.

Is this that thing now where since MS owns Bethesda, people have to claim the games retroactively suck or something? Cool story, bro.

giphy.gif

"I spent 160 hours playing 2 games that are full of bugs, bad design, bad graphics, horrible animations, bad menus..."

Do you even hear yourself?
?? So what?? I tell you what, you don't have to like my opinion/agree with it, buy you can take it to the bank with the seal of I BEAT THE DAMN game and I can do a review about more legit than what 99% of the pussy "professional gaming journalists" do, when they don't even complete the games when it somehow upsets them or hit a roadblock.

yurinka

1) MS is a trillion dollar company. Why do they instantly need to make their money back when they can wait it out
Because a trillion dollar company isn't a charity. If they invest Billions they want to see their invested recouped back with profits on top. Obviously they need some time, don't need to get it back in two weeks, they won't be throwing Billions forever to the garbage bin for nothing. It wouldn't make them go bankrupt, but may make them shut down/sell their gaming team.

In fact being a trillion company adds them more pressure to achieve insane revenues and to achieve some nice profit what they lost in the past some day without needing to hide their numbers even merging the game division with other products.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I don't see how Microsoft would buy Bethesda and then allow this title to be released on ps5. I also don't see how it matters what this dude thinks about that.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
?? So what?? I tell you what, you don't have to like my opinion/agree with it, buy you can take it to the bank with the seal of I BEAT THE DAMN game and I can do a review about more legit than what 99% of the pussy "professional gaming journalists" do, when they don't even complete the games when it somehow upsets them or hit a roadblock.
You are the special kind of person that hits himself in the nuts with a hammer to tell other people how awful the hammer is.

MTKcfzZ.png

I think Oblivion was alright by the time it came out. I enjoyed it. I would say Skyrim was more of the same but with many more bugs and it was disappointing it didn't improve enough to stand out on many aspects over Oblivion. Did I say they were "BAD" games? No. They are 6/10 games. That's not good. That's average and in some instances they are borderline mediocre. But you can't grasp the notion of something being not good and still be playable. I've played dozens of 6/10, 5/10, 4/10 games, and I usually finish what I start. A 6/10 game is not a game you got angry with a decided it sucks and quit it. That may be the way the "professional reviewers" work, but not me. Do you now understand how a game can be 6/10 and be decent enough for someone to keep playing it for many hours? Or am I to assume all the games you spend many hours on are 8 to 10 out of 10 in your book?

Last edited:
I think Oblivion was alright by the time it came out. I enjoyed it. I would say Skyrim was more of the same but with many more bugs and it was disappointing it didn't improve enough to stand out on many aspects over Oblivion. Did I say they were "BAD" games? No. They are 6/10 games. That's not good. That's average and in some instances they are borderline mediocre. But you can't grasp the notion of something being not good and still be playable. I've played dozens of 6/10, 5/10, 4/10 games, and I usually finish what I start. A 6/10 game is not a game you got angry with a decided it sucks and quit it. That may be the way the "professional reviewers" work, but not me. Do you know understand how a game can be 6/10 and be decent enough for someone to keep playing it for many hours? Or am I to assume all the games you spend many hours on are 8 to 10 out of 10 in your book?

games not good
bad design, bad menus
garbage combat
poor progression and class variety
garbage narrative and bottom tier voice acting
games are crap

But that's totally a 6/10 guys! I never said the games are bad.

games not good
bad design, bad menus
garbage combat
poor progression and class variety
garbage narrative and bottom tier voice acting
games are crap

But that's totally a 6/10 guys! I never said the games are
They"re not Good, they're not bad. It's called average, or mediocre. Hey you learned something new today! You're welcome!

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Sorry, I can be objective and critique a game for what it's worth.
There's literally no such thing as an objective game review.

I'll leave you with your own words:
Hey you learned something new today! You're welcome!
---------------------------------------------------------------

You can have your opinions for anything, totally fine, but unless you are writing a "professional" review why subject yourself to playing through things you hate? Makes NO sense, unless you are a masochist. I remember people telling me Final Fantasy 13 was a great game, played about 3 hours of it and said NOPE, buddy said, "it gets better after about 15 hours." Didn't mean I was gonna go back and slog through 15 hours of shit I hate to hope that it gets better. That's fucking dumb. You did a dumb person thing by saying:

Full of bugs, bad design, bad graphics, horrible animations, bad menus and inventory, garbage combat (cant emphasize this enough) poor progression and class variety, garbage narrative/dramatization, bottom-tier voice acting...the endings suck too

To play 100 hours of ALL that you describe as bad seems really fucking idiotic. For 1 game. And then to do it again a second time for 60 hours shows you've learned nothing.

What you've said/written reads like a salty fanboy that is upset at the Starfield exclusivity, retrospectively saying how bad X is to justify your lack of "care" that Starfield is exclusive. You couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Because a trillion dollar company isn't a charity. If they invest Billions they want to see their invested recouped back with profits on top. Obviously they need some time, don't need to get it back in two weeks, they won't be throwing Billions forever to the garbage bin for nothing. It wouldn't make them go bankrupt, but may make them shut down/sell their gaming team.

In fact being a trillion company adds them more pressure to achieve insane revenues and to achieve some nice profit what they lost in the past some day without needing to hide their numbers even merging the game division with other products.
can't reach fox tv GIF by Bob's Burgers

Mister Wolf

You can have your opinions for anything, totally fine, but unless you are writing a "professional" review why subject yourself to playing through things you hate? Makes NO sense, unless you are a masochist. I remember people telling me Final Fantasy 13 was a great game, played about 3 hours of it and said NOPE, buddy said, "it gets better after about 15 hours." Didn't mean I was gonna go back and slog through 15 hours of shit I hate to hope that it gets better.

What you've said/written reads like a salty fanboy that is upset at the Starfield exclusivity, retrospectively saying how bad X is to justify your lack of "care" that Starfield is exclusive. You couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

You're making too much sense.

Last edited:

Loope

The producer signs off the product. If he wanted he could just send it back to the drawing board and fire everyone, but he didn't: he signed off and published the game with all his faults.

I stand corrected: he is the Producer of the upcoming Indiana Jones game. For Starfield, I can't find an official statement mentioning who the Game Director is.

1) he is not just "the face of the company" he was the producer of that game. He isn't just a bystander, you know?
2) I have never liked Elder Scroll and Fallout: I have always found them to be badly designed and buggy games. Bethesda, and Zenimax as a whole, isn't a company that makes games that I appreciate. If Starfield is just like Elder Scroll and Fallout, you can keep it. If it's something interesing, I'll play it on PC. So, what do I care if it's on PS5 or not? It's not like I have just one platform and one only.
Then why are you so hell bent on shitting on it, i mean if it doesn't mean anything to you why are you trying so hard to lay Fallout 76 on a producer? Do you also give praise to all the producers of Sony games? Or do you give praise for the likes of Neil Druckman etc.?

You can't see anything wrong with your reasoning, really?

For example, i don't like ND games, hence you don't see me "worried" about telling everyone that i don't like ND games on a thread about ND games. It is really not that hard, well i suppose to some individuals it can be hard.

MonarchJT

Banned

trillions dollars company probably have more spare tax to be reinvested from foreign investments every year (that would otherwise be lost) that all Sony company earns in four months..you honestly don't have a clue of what you are talking about...but it doesn't matter not to feel at fault, this is just a video game forum, not a business forum

Last edited:

I'll comment in your own words:

---------------------------------------------------------------

You can have your opinions for anything, totally fine, but unless you are writing a "professional" review why subject yourself to playing through things you hate? Makes NO sense, unless you are a masochist. I remember people telling me Final Fantasy 13 was a great game, played about 3 hours of it and said NOPE, buddy said, "it gets better after about 15 hours." Didn't mean I was gonna go back and slog through 15 hours of shit I hate to hope that it gets better. That's fucking dumb. You did a dumb person thing by saying:

To play 100 hours of ALL that you describe as bad seems really fucking idiotic.

whatever you say. You are some dumb I though I could dumb down my reasons for you to understand, but I totally lack the ability or the inclination to stoop down to your level of stupidity, at the risk of not finding my way back.

Garani

For example, i don't like ND games, hence you don't see me "worried" about telling everyone that i don't like ND games on a thread about ND games. It is really not that hard, well i suppose to some individuals it can be hard.
Full disclosure, I am sucker for ND, but TLoU Part 2 was tecnically great but narrativelly a total waste of time and money. And I am one of those that bought the first game 2 times.

So, when I say that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are bad, it means just that: they are bad.

I love how bathesda games were literally applauded across the board over the past 10 years (albeit fallout 76). Despite their games being buggy this forum practically jizzed at every bathesda games.

Now that MS has bought them, we are seeing a ton more comments like "bathesda games were never good" and "their games are overrated and outdated ".

Entirely predictable.

Last edited:

Loope

Full disclosure, I am sucker for ND, but TLoU Part 2 was tecnically great but narrativelly a total waste of time and money. And I am one of those that bought the first game 2 times.

So, when I say that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are bad, it means just that: they are bad.
No, they're not.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I love how bathesda games were literally applauded across the board over the past 10 years (albeit fallout 76). Despite their games being buggy this forum practically jizzed at every bathesda games.

Now that MS has bought them, we are seeing a ton more comments like "bathesda games were never good" and "their games are overrated and outdated ".

Entirely predictable.

Bethesda games have always been buggy. Terminator: Future Shock was released completely broken. But they've defined the WRPG for more than 25 years.

Greggy

I think Oblivion was alright by the time it came out. I enjoyed it. I would say Skyrim was more of the same but with many more bugs and it was disappointing it didn't improve enough to stand out on many aspects over Oblivion. Did I say they were "BAD" games? No. They are 6/10 games. That's not good. That's average and in some instances they are borderline mediocre. But you can't grasp the notion of something being not good and still be playable. I've played dozens of 6/10, 5/10, 4/10 games, and I usually finish what I start. A 6/10 game is not a game you got angry with a decided it sucks and quit it. That may be the way the "professional reviewers" work, but not me. Do you now understand how a game can be 6/10 and be decent enough for someone to keep playing it for many hours? Or am I to assume all the games you spend many hours on are 8 to 10 out of 10 in your book?
Are there many 94 metacritic games you call mediocre other than those somewhat related to Microsoft? If yes I’d love an example.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

It's totally fine to not like them. But Skyrim is literally one of the best selling games of all time. Easily one of the best selling RPGS ever. We can criticize their style all day, I've certainly done my fair share of it, but I won't deny that I've put in literally hundreds and hundreds of hours across Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4. Granted I can't stand the vanilla offerings from any of them anymore and have to mod the living shit out of them to get them how I prefer, but all those mods I use are built on the very solid foundations of the vanilla offerings.

Elder Scrolls/Fallout have been GREAT series and I can't wait for more to come. I'm sure there'll be things I don't like about Starfield/ES6/FO5, but I'm sure there will be things that I love too and I KNOW that the mod community will be able to adjust the flavor to exactly what I want anyways.

I fucking HATED TLOU2's story but loved the controls/art directions/setting. And I PASSIONATELY hate the story, but I wouldn't tell anyone it's a bad game. Same for MGSV, I fucking HATED that awful, unfinished story, but I LOVED the amount of control you have over Snake and some of the infiltration missions are crazy fun, I could criticize the shit out of MGSV and TLOU2, but I still wouldn't call them bad games.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
So one guy says he does not finish every single game he reviews (doh, who would finish a turd. Oh right, you would, never mind then), and you just apply that to everyone, eh? You let your ass do the talking.

Here's a tip. Spend your time doing things you enjoy, you’ll be better off for it, and you'll be less full of shit afterwards.

sainraja

I wasn’t calling the person i responded a fanboy but understanding his conjecture and saying that in reality that’s the root of most fanboyism. Like I said your reading comprehension is awful.
I don't think it's my reading comprehension that is awful. I read his post and who he was responding to and saw your response to it and made my comment on that. What I said is true for most people who call gaming a hobby. Most people aren't artificially limiting themselves to 'one' console; they are just making a choice based on what they can afford and their own preferences which does not necessarily mean 'fanboyism'.

I am simply disagreeing with your statement of it being a reality the root of fanboyism when the reality for most people is what life can afford them - gaming is not a necessity. On this forum, people may have other priorities or different focus not to want to invest in all three. It is a hobby that not everyone (unfortunately) gets to enjoy.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I don't think it's my reading comprehension that is awful. I read his post and who he was responding to and saw your response to it and made my comment on that. What I said is true for most people who call gaming a hobby. Most people aren't artificially limiting themselves to 'one' console; they are just making a choice based on what they can afford and their own preferences which does not necessarily mean 'fanboyism'.
You continue confusing what I wrote. Nobody is saying that fanboyism is making the choice of owning a single device, but REGARDLESS of what motives lead a person to own a single device, it often leads to individuals trying to diminishing an experience to which they do not have access to and that slowly makes them fanboys.
You could own a single device and not give a fuck about what other people play, that doesn’t make you a fanboy. It is usually when individuals try to justify their situation as some objective quality maxim “this console is the best, it doesn’t make sense to own anything else” when they turn into fanboys.

S0ULZB0URNE

Grounded was also in development way before Microsoft bought Obsidian right after PoE 2 alonside Outer Worlds. They never had to "honour" any work they did for other platforms, unless it's like Outer Worlds where it's part of their contract with Private Division.
Just because some things "were in development" in early stages for some platform does mean you have to "honour that work" just because some forum poster deemed it necessary. For example Psychonauts 2 was promised to be on PS4 during the kickstarter campaign so it is coming to PS4 but not PS5(you can still play it through BC though).
You believe just two games are coming to PlayStation?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
You believe just two games are coming to PlayStation?
I'd wager that games that have already been on the system may see future releases i.e. Minecraft. But I highly doubt new i.p.'s or any new development since the Bethesda purchase will see any future releases. I'd be very surprised to see Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom on anything other than Xbox/PC ever again. Maybe Nintendo will get a few bones down the road as they seem pretty chummy with MSFT, but I'd be very surprised if Sony will see anything. I'm all for it, I don't care one way or the other, but I just don't see it realistically happening.

Last edited:

LMJ

As I've stated in the past, I fully expect certain games to be an exclusive, and depending on sales certain games to go multi plat... Too much money on the table to completely ignore either Sony or Nintendo.

That having been said, lets say that the Bethesda games STAY exclusive...this isn't bad, an exclusive game takes advantage of the strengths of the systems... Ratchet and Clank wouldn't look the way it does if it were multi platform, and as for MS... okay so I can't really compare any MS games right now (no CG trailers don't count lol) but I'm sure many of their new 1st party acquisitions will show off the power of the XseX when the gameplay is shown and then some.

I repeat, I fully expect the Unreal 5 and HellBlade II demos to be outdone by the end of this generation...we have just begun

Animated GIF

S0ULZB0URNE

I'd wager that games that have already been on the system may see future releases i.e. Minecraft. But I highly doubt new i.p.'s or any new development since the Bethesda purchase will see any future releases. I'd be very surprised to see Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom on anything other than Xbox/PC ever again. Maybe Nintendo will get a few bones down the road as they seem pretty chummy with MSFT, but I'd be very surprised if Sony will see anything. I'm all for it, I don't care one way or the other, but I just don't see it realistically happening.
Aquisitions have consequences.

I guarantee more than the 2 known upcoming PS5 games come.

I am going by what MS said..

Games will be 1st on XB or best.
Also that they will fulfill prior contracts.

Leyasu

Banned
They're a 1st party studio. Just like all the others.

If you want to play their games get an xbox or play them on your PC. Because you wont be seeing them on any other console

Last edited:

Serouj2000

It's not like Bethesda games have had mixed receptions as of late (Doom Eternal being in ths exceptions list), amirite?

Top Bottom