• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is a better game because its exclusivity allowed more focus on quality, Todd Howard says

JTCx

If his game was meeting expectations, Playstation would not be on his mind. I never heard Jim, Herman, House, Laden, or Yoshida talk about XBOX during any of their first party releases.

Yoshida "Here's Ghost Of Tsushima. Also... Let... me tell you why it's not on the series S"

Something seems off...
Phil told him to keep talking.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Im playing No Mans Sky right now my friends because I want good space explorartion after Zelda

Maaaayybe I'll play Starfield after

Montauk

A meta thread about threads about starfield.

Like an OT but instead we compile all the threads made for starfield into one where each is linked, AND we discuss all those threads and how good/bad they are.

Sort of like reaction content but forum style.

Frfr on God no cap .

Oh my god, YES.

But first, I think we can get a dozen more threads out of this single interview.

But Nintendo created The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, and Metroid
They didn't buy the developer of The Legend of Zelda to make sure it would only come to their consoles

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Did they though?

Sure they said only being on PS5 hurt sales, but they also said the production costs had been recouped by July.
His post was pure nonsense, but I need a citation for this. I don't recall them ever saying exclusivity hurt sales.

7ya7h5.jpg

7ya7m6.gif

Kakax11

Banned
And when did they announced that?

Did they though?

Sure they said only being on PS5 hurt sales, but they also said the production costs had been recouped by July.

This silly narrative needs to end.
Give me the exact link to the link where they say it flopped......

SE announced it sold well in-line with their expectations, the game recoup it's lenghty dev cycle and every sale after July is pure profit. It will also have good legs when the crazy 2023 dust settles like all numbered FFs do.

On the topic, both Xbox and Bethesda really need to change their public speakers and tone down PR cycle a bit. Especially regarding Todd and Hines. Not everyone is as jolly and relatable as Sven Winke, and even if you'll exclude him from PR altogether, his game speak volumes for itself.

Call it an unofficial announcment, you know like somebody from the company leaked the news to tell Sony "thank you for the blocking us from making extra cash on PC"

Do you want to pay Bloomberg to read that article??

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Call it an unofficial announcment, you know like somebody from the company leaked the news to tell Sony "thank you for the blocking us from making extra cash on PC"

It’s based on a misreporting by a notorious Bloomberg clown lol. You’re grasping at straws, my man.

I red both articles and none of them mentioned being a financial flop, but SE expectations are most of the times extremely high, but they knew what they were getting into when they accepted the best deal for The game (a big cheque from Sony), so is not the fault of the latter of the “low sales expectations” SE had, they did confirmed profit is made since July 2023, don’t know how are you implying the game is a flop.

As for Bloomberg, well, they’ve been wrong so many times and it seems that this is one of the many they had.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Even with just an hour in it is easy to see this is the most polished launch on console that they've ever had. Very solid/consistent performance on Xbox.

GymWolf

I cannot believe a site as big as GameSpot would go so low with click baiting.
I can't believe that you think gamespot has any integrity to begin with :lollipop_squinting:

They are too big to get blacklisted, especially after the whole eurogamer debacle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom