• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard says Starfield was "intentionally made to be played for a long time" and Bethesda's looking 5+ years ahead

He needs to keep talking about the game or people won't remember about It next year.
This game will be around for many years, the new DLC next year, improving the game will be a constant thing and of course the mods, its only been out a month so why shouldn't he talk about it? Furthermore you obviously have no interest in the game so what's with the comment?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
This game will be around for many years, the new DLC next year, improving the game will be a constant thing and of course the mods, its only been out a month so why shouldn't he talk about it? Furthermore you obviously have no interest in the game so what's with the comment?
No matter whats they improve game will always have a million loading screens between creation engine was not builded for intermaglastic seamlessness travel Bethesda must make a new engine my friends

No matter whats they improve game will always have a million loading screens between creation engine was not builded for intermaglastic seamlessness travel Bethesda must make a new engine my friends
Most loading screens are a few seconds long, hardly an issue (would be better without though). Most important thing is the systems at play are numerous and the game has enormous potential for improvement. The engine is very old and yes big improvements are needed but Starfield works and has impressive moments.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Most loading screens are a few seconds long, hardly an issue (would be better without though). Most important thing is the systems at play are numerous and the game has enormous potential for improvement. The engine is very old and yes big improvements are needed but Starfield works and has impressive moments.
you will never bees able to land on a planet in real times with creation engine they must make an engine with next gen freedoms nort stuck in the past

Thirty7ven

Banned
The pattern I’ve noticed from people who love the game is that they are sold on the fantasy from the get go and menial tasks are their jam. Poor writing doesn’t phase them one bit either.

Last edited:

Roberts

you will never bees able to land on a planet in real times with creation engine they must make an engine with next gen freedoms nort stuck in the past
Now that I have played the game, I am actually happy you don't land on planets seamlessly. It's just a mechanic that doesn't add anything to the game they made and distracts from the main focus. And I am fully aware that it wouldn't be that much different, at least on the surface. It's just that it easier to understand what Starfield is if you don't look at it as an open world game, because it is not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom