• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Pre Orders open on Sunday. Fable may show up at Xbox Showcase, says Jeff Grubb

j.k.2021

Banned
These insiders are amazing. Predicting games Xbox basically already told us themselves and games that were known from the Nvidia leak.

How do they do it?
Jez Corden is the most credible one as he pretty much knows everything about Xbox.Also, Xbox has more insiders because their s hit gets leaked easily while PlayStation stuff never gets leaked and all the people who claim to be PlayStation insiders are telling b.s.

Nico_D

I wish Starfield won't disappoint me but this being the real world and the year is "most games are released broken" A.D. so it likely will.

Kvally

Banned
I wish Starfield won't disappoint me but this being the real world and the year is "most games are released broken" A.D. so it likely will.
Good thing MS delayed it almost a year. Had they released it last year, it probably wouldn't have started up 😂

Havoc2049

Why would anyone preorder this game? It’s Bethesda, it’s Microsoft, it’s a single player game, just buy it when it comes out and reviews are there.
Bethesda RPGs always have cool launch day Deluxe/Collector's Editions and sometimes pre-order bonuses. Going by the recent trend of Forza Horizon 5 and Diablo IV, I wouldn't be surprised for some kind of early access for people who buy the Deluxe edition or pre-order the game.

Jez Corden is the most credible one as he pretty much knows everything about Xbox.Also, Xbox has more insiders because their s hit gets leaked easily while PlayStation stuff never gets leaked and all the people who claim to be PlayStation insiders are telling b.s.
My point is they are staring things we already know about like they just got the scoop.

Xbox told us Fable will be there.

Riky

$MSFT
Hopefully be some sort of upgrade pack for Gamepass subscribers, they should give a couple of days early access too for those who upgrade.

GymWolf

He woulnd't be surprised to see fable is the exact type of precise leak i expect from these people.

XesqueVara

Windows made it harder due to file restrictions. Now that MS lifted it, you can mod it.

The difference is that steam has steam workshop.
Tbh, the Biggest diference is that GP version don't work with Script Extender versions which it's needed to some mods to work.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Tbh, the Biggest diference is that GP version don't work with Script Extender versions which it's needed to some mods to work.
It’s weird, a MS first party game made by devs who loves mods and has hyped up the modding capabilities will work better with mods if bought on a third party store.

feynoob

It’s weird, a MS first party game made by devs who loves mods and has hyped up the modding capabilities will work better with mods if bought on a third party store.
Mods has security vulnerability. It's why MS isn't keen on them. Only reason it allows is that people likes modding.

Kvally

Banned
original 3 games were disappointing
Stop It No Way GIF by Naughty Dog

sendit

Dumb question perhaps - Is it possible to use mods on Windows Store / PC Gamepass versions?
My plan right now is to go with the Steam versions just to not be locked out from mods.
Logically, why would they lock out mods from the Windows Store Gamepass version?

Also, pre-ordering any game is pointless unless it provides an early access or a physical limited edition. It's not like there is a finite supply....It's even more pointless since this game will be on Gamepass Day 1.

Last edited:

XesqueVara

It's mostly because Script Extender replaces the .exe of the Original Game to run Mods, instead of starting the game normally you need to start them using the SE version.
I think the GP version might have a problem with it but who knows.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

If it works well, and doesn't have any major issues, not counting the normal Bethesda bugs of the past games, i will buy the game after it's released, no problem, i don't pre order anymore.

Top Bottom