• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

sedg87

Banned
Here's my first attempt at pixel art. As I said, it's incredibly basic. I went with a 16x16 type grid thingy. Going to try something bigger next time.

9PUUvUo.png

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Here's my first attempt at pixel art. As I said, it's incredibly basic. I went with a 16x16 type grid thingy. Going to try something bigger next time.

How long did it take you to create that? What software did you use?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Oh boy what a story I can share about last night. One of the worst nights in years. Perhaps (definitely) funny af for some and in time and hindsight for myself as well. And if you're on the spectrum it will surely resonate. But maybe later.

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
Now i'm tempted to try it on my own after watching the trailer. :messenger_grinning_sweat: What the difference between the trial and the full version? Are good tutorials on YT?
RWvG6d2.gif

Not sure as I never tried the trial. There are a couple of free software options, so maybe try one of those first? Most of the 'pros' seem to use Aseprite but to start with anything works. This helped me a lot - https://conceptartempire.com/pixel-art-software/

The first tutorial I read last night was this: https://www.derekyu.com/makegames/pixelart.html

As for video tutorials on Youtube, I found these channels really helpful. They all have plenty of videos and playlists:

A good starting point would be this video:

I had a lot of fun making my little forest. Definitely give it a go!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
#EXPOSED kanjobazooie kanjobazooie

Lady's and gents we've finally get to know Kanjo's appearance!!

And on top of that he's caught in the middle of his mischievous ways to get to touch mouseballs...

First.... find some shrooms....

DEt1vQL.jpg

Secondly, dress as to appear friendly and well intended.. And finally go on a quest for mice to offer them a lovely "snack".

Well, it doesn't take much imagination what his sinister plan leads to after the before mentioned snack does it's job..

Behold; kanjobazooie kanjobazooie amidst his vile scheme:

8oW972D.jpg
SDOIQ6k.jpg

Yes yes take it! It's for you!

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
#EXPOSED kanjobazooie kanjobazooie

Lady's and gents we've finally get to know Kanjo's appearance!!

And on top of that he's caught in the middle of his mischievous ways to get to touch mouseballs...

First.... find some shrooms....

DEt1vQL.jpg

Secondly, dress as to appear friendly and well intended.. And finally go on a quest for mice to offer them a lovely "snack".

Well, it doesn't take much imagination what his sinister plan leads to after the before mentioned snack does it's job..

Behold; kanjobazooie kanjobazooie amidst his vile scheme:

8oW972D.jpg
SDOIQ6k.jpg

Yes yes take it! It's for you!
Hot mug.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
What's up homeboys/girls

I went in early last night

Dead tired.

So this morning i cleaned my house like a meth head and decided, since it's beautiful outside, to take my bicycle to my dads to clean it with a high pressure water sprayer. And finished off with some WD40.

Now I'm home chilling.

Funny story. On the way back I went to the supermarket and before me in line were 2 kids of about 9 years old looking at the candybars.

So I said yeah guys, lots of choices huh and they were like yeah for sure..

Then one of them turned to me and said i looked like the goalie of Ajax (main Amsterdam Soccer club). So I was like is that a compliment haha. He shrugged and said yeah i guess he's the number 1 goalie.

Gonna google and take a look. I don't watch soccer.

I think they meant this fellow but he's not the first pick i think from the little care i have to look it up.

xfuNoQe.jpg

😅 I'll take it

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
OK, here's what I have lined up for my Saturday Night Slam;

- 3-pepper smoked sausage, with bbq sauce, slivered onions, and sliced pickles
- Deviled egg potato salad
- Dill pickle cole slaw
- Homestyle baked beans

yeah, I think I'm good, aside from missing the cornbread... but f*ck it.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
OK, here's what I have lined up for my Saturday Night Slam;

- 3-pepper smoked sausage, with bbq sauce, slivered onions, and sliced pickles
- Deviled egg potato salad
- Dill pickle cole slaw
- Homestyle baked beans

yeah, I think I'm good, aside from missing the cornbread... but f*ck it.

Sounds delicious man!

Enjoy your feast 🙌

I love dill pickles

Last edited:
Top Bottom