• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Four Games are going multiplatform. (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush)

DryvBy

Followed by "everything".
niKq8rN.png

Laptop1991

I'm not bothered how many games go multi platform, what i want from MS is better first party games that i want to buy on PC, if this makes that happen, great if not they can all go 3rd party for me, i'm not impressed with Microsoft's AAA releases so far as a PC gamer. i guess it will depend on how much money these 4 games will make.

Jaybe

I don’t know what MS is hoping to prove with these 4 releases. They already have data from Death Loop and Ghostwire Tokyo on how games they have developed perform on the platform.

I wonder if Grounded and Pentiment were added after the backlash because they were titles that Xbox fans wouldn’t care to loose anyway.
Yeah. There can be an argument for ‘test and learn’ but given the already released titles and the vast history of data that activision & Bethesda would have on sales data by platform, it seems either those were just easy to port or they didn’t want to upset the Xbox audience much, at least not yet.

Jaybe

Starting small isnt a bad idea actually.
There can be arguments for going small but thinking the objective was growth and revenue, Forza horizon 5 would be the big one to release. Like if I’m Procter & Gamble entering a new country, I’m launching Tide, not Gain, laundry detergent.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

So 1 of the best games released in the past 5 year and some crumbs. 🤷‍♂️
That's kind of the point. They're not putting their biggest bestest games on other platforms but rather smaller games that have more or less exhausted themselves on Xbox and can now be enjoyed by others on other platforms for continued brand growth/awareness (while bringing in extra money of course)

Last edited:
Drop the console warring
Man… all those shitposts here and drama on twitter for these four games. What a disaster.

I still think MS will eventually get to a point where everything is multiplatform, but so will Sony. But man… the dream is dead again.

Edit, this post got a warning. This simple post, even with all the shit posts and actual console warring over the last couple weeks 😆😆😆

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I hope MS puts out physical editions for HiFi Rush and Pentiment. Preferably nice Collector's editions with developer diaries, art cards and soundtrack. Especially for Pentiment which has amazing art and sound.

Gambit2483

I hope MS puts out physical editions for HiFi Rush and Pentiment. Preferably nice Collector's editions with developer diaries, art cards and soundtrack. Especially for Pentiment which has amazing art and sound.
I  need Hi-fi Rush to be physical. They are leaving millions on the table if they don't make this game available physically.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don’t know what MS is hoping to prove with these 4 releases. They already have data from Death Loop and Ghostwire Tokyo on how games they have developed perform on the platform.

I wonder if Grounded and Pentiment were added after the backlash because they were titles that Xbox fans wouldn’t care to loose anyway.
Those games had the distinction of going to PS5 first.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Sea of Thieves and Grounded....interesting. All I wanted was SoT confirmed.

The next couple of years is gonna be interesting.

So my prediction was pretty much correct, however they have set a precedent, and they're not ruling out future multiplatform releases of major titles.

MS is the biggest company pushing for the all-digital future. I expect them to be released digital only.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Indie jones is immersive sim? Where was this confirmed?

In the showcase video, don't have the timestamp handy at the moment but basically it's like dishonored in that you can tackle scenarios either stealthily or with action

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So they start with 2 gaas games and 2 sp games which probably greatly underperformed.
And they’ll greatly underperform on PS and Switch too.

Well, HiFi may sell more on Switch to be fair. But the others, especially if they price them premium, won’t sell millions.

Sadly it needs a big hitter to truly test the water. A Halo or a Forza. The supposed leaked four games won’t make any impact at all.

Fabieter

And they’ll greatly underperform on PS and Switch too.

Well, HiFi may sell more on Switch to be fair. But the others, especially if they price them premium, won’t sell millions.

Sadly it needs a big hitter to truly test the water. A Halo or a Forza. The supposed leaked four games won’t make any impact at all.

Wasn't pentiment 20 bucks on release and high rush 30. I could see hifi making a few millions rho

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Can’t help but think Pentiment’s best platform would be mobile.

I’ve no interest in playing it at home, but on my phone while taking a break at work? Absolutely.

Hudo

I can only recommend Hi-Fi Rush to the Playstationists. It's a dope game, y'all should give it a try when it reaches PS5.

Mr Hyde

Can’t help but think Pentiment’s best platform would be mobile.

I’ve no interest in playing it at home, but on my phone while taking a break at work? Absolutely.

I think it will do very well on Switch. It's a perfect fit honestly. It's unique, great art style that lends itself well on a small screen, gameplay that's well suited for portable play. It will be a great addition to the Switch library, just like the Ori-games was.

Ozriel

M$FT
Exactly. They say they need growth… and yet port the smallest games they have. No clue what they are doing there.

Sea of Thieves is certainly not a ‘small’ game. Sales performance supersedes a whole lot of other AAA titles.
It (and Grounded) have the potential to do quite well on both consoles it’s being ported to.

As long as revenue significantly eclipses costs to port over, these will be quite good business for them.

Roxkis_ii

It's just four games sounds like "This will only hurt a little" from a doctor before you feel the worst pain in your life lol.

I'm glad to see it is some Xbox fans with enough self respect to see thru the PR.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

I'd buy the hell out of a Pentiment physical edition, for sure.

Top Bottom