• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Four Games are going multiplatform. (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush)

Raven117

The next xbox will be a stream device. Gamepass will be available on all platforms.

Thats where this ends in 5 years. Book it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Indiana Jones, Starfield etc. Literally had one moments after the podcast aired: "I understand that Microsoft has also previously been weighing up the idea of bringing Gears of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and even the next Doom game to rival platforms"

"But it might come one day so it's not made up!"
Then I'd like to leak that Blinx: The Time Sweeper is coming to Sonys platform (you heard it here first)
What did you really believe the people that said that everything would show up at one time?

And also, are you really thinking they won’t at some point?

I knew the Xbox as a console being done rumors were nonsense, at least right now, but you are seriously lost in your mind if you think this wasn’t the slow breaking in of literally almost every MS console exclusive going multiplat.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Well
I watched it

Man, based on the way they talk, XBOX is the greatest thing in the world and PlayStation and Nintendo are small pieces of trash
I mean, they're talking about their own company and brand. So, yeah, they should talk highly of it or it won't really do them any good.

I think this approach isn't much of a shocker at all, what's comical is all the drama that revolved around it. It got way out of control.

Fbh

I'm in for Hi Fi Rush.
Looks fun as hell and it will run better on my Ps5 than my shitty 1050ti laptop.

Don't really care about the others.

DeaDPo0L84

Boosting game sales can help with future hardware. So, why in the hell go the sub root when you could of been selling all these games like you normally would?
It's cause their core playerbase is made up of people who stack cheap Gamepass subs and refuse to pay full price for a game, they have to find ways to make money somehow.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The next xbox will be a stream device. Gamepass will be available on all platforms.

Thats where this ends in 5 years. Book it.
5?? Maybe a year and a half. Aside from the next Xbox coming out by then. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gamepass on PlayStation by the beginning of 2025. If they want it to keep existing, they need to do something to get some more steady revenue in from it.

3liteDragon

They're all coming at some point.

CCcffy3.jpg

Last edited:

RickMasters

Indiana Jones, Starfield etc

Then I'd like to leak that Blinx: The Time Sweeper is coming to Sonys platform (you heard it here first)
See…… now we get the part where people pretend they weren’t on the gaf just this morning proclaiming the death of Xbox…. Proclamations and promises of meltdowns green rats’ going into cardiac arrest, left right and center….. memes of MCC with PS5 box art…..

Now they gone back to playing mental gymnastics with Phil words while claiming it’s Xbox users who are the ones clinging into cope/hope.

Shit now we have some of them even saying “ pffff… you guys should be mad about these four games going multiformat… it’s the beginning of the end”…. Talk about antagonist, to the point of toxic!…. A couple GAAS games and two small passion projects( and I happen to like those games too) . It is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️…..

But right now I’m just laughing at all the downplaying after it was just this morning the vultures thought they were circling the corpse of Xbox ready to rub it in the faces of every Xbox owner here.

And who knows maybe they will still get to do that one day. But Atleast we get to see people for what they are now. All the closet fanboys came out hard over the last week. I thought I’d seen it all on the gaf when MS completed the ABK buyout but but did they not disappoint me this last week. Especially that ass of can whatever guy. His memes were gold though, but yeah they aged pretty badly! 😆

Astray

Gold Member
Indiana Jones, Starfield etc. Literally had one moments after the podcast aired: "I understand that Microsoft has also previously been weighing up the idea of bringing Gears of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and even the next Doom game to rival platforms"

Microsoft retains the right to come out and issue a correction either via Twitter or via contacting outlets, they didn't do that for over two months now, which tells you that the info is well-sourced.

Even Tom Warren talked about this concept earlier this month.

Skifi28

Once they start porting to other platforms, there's no going back. If those games do well, I feel like it's kinda over for xbox as a first party. Whoever was expecting Phil to announce today something major like going third party was crazy. You just don't go out and announce that the ship is sinking while also on fire, you always start by dipping your toes. Release a few games and the annnounce the rest are under consideration, then slowly start porting everything faster and faster.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Once they start porting to other platforms, there's no going back. If those games do well, I feel like it's kinda over for xbox as a first party. Whoever was expecting Phil to announce today something major like going third party was crazy. You just don't go out and announce that the ship is sinking while also on fire, you always start by dipping your toes. Release a few games and the annnounce the rest are under consideration, then slowly start porting everything faster and faster.

I guess sony is on it's last legs then since it's started porting games to PC ... rip sony 2025 💀💀 only Nintendo shall survive

Raven117

5?? Maybe a year and a half. Aside from the next Xbox coming out by then. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gamepass on PlayStation by the beginning of 2025. If they want it to keep existing, they need to do something to get some more steady revenue in from it.
I was giving it to the end of the generation to be safe.

Ozriel

M$FT
So other than Sea of Thieves, which one of those is a GaaS game?

he said two smaller games, and two service games.

Didn’t really say ‘service games’. It was all about ‘community’.

Grounded has a strong multiplayer mode and still has around 3600 CCUs on Steam daily.

Skifi28

I guess sony is on it's last legs then since it's started porting games to PC ... rip sony 2025 💀💀 only Nintendo shall survive
This is exactly what happened, they started by releasing one game on PC with no grand announcement about future plans and everybody was like "It's a one off thing" and look where we are now. Also, I didn't say it's over for xbox. Far from it, they'll probably be making more money than ever. Nothing wrong with going third party.

Ozriel

M$FT
This is scary, this is the proof they need sales from other platform in order to counter the GamePass issue

It’s scary that revenue can be invested in their own platform?

The only interesting IP they have is Fable, so I guess I’ll hope it’s that one? Then I can finally drop their shit ecosystem entirely.

They haven’t had a Fable game in years, and the new one is a reboot so nothing really like the ones you liked before.

Why not drop it now?

It's nice to note that these four games are all pet passion projects by the devs that created them, not a faceless AAA monolith driven by focus groups, so I'm very happy that the devs get their games into more hands, they must be happy too.

I have faith in Playground. And judging by what they have shown, it’s still very much Fable. So that one I have faith in, in spite of it being overseen by the incompetents shitwads at Microsoft.

kebaldo

But people wants Gears, Starfield, Fly Simulator 😂😂😂
The real question is: where are they going to announce those titles for Ps5/Switch... I think they will prefer to announce them inside a State of Play or a Nintendo Direct... can't see them announcing things like that on a big stage like the VGA's... at least for now

Alebrije

Not Interested on those games, and if the market share keeps the same the next years games like Fallout 5 , Next Elders Scrolls Will be on PS5.

Honestly Microsoft just throwring B tier games to other consoles won't be great bussiness

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Nor should Nintendo or Sony fans ignore the other parts. As is the common thought for anything said by any talking head ever.
As a playstation/PC fan I am not ignoring anything.

I fail to see how anyone who isn't invested in the Xbox ecosystem is going to convinced to join.

xrnzaaas

Microsoft should've offered something BIG like Forza Horizon 5. The game is already a few years old so it won't get many fresh players on Xbox/PC, but it can on PlayStation, especially since PS doesn't have similar arcade racers. And hey, wanna play Horizon 6 when it comes out in '25/'26? Switch to Xbox/PC and try Game Pass.

Last edited:

Karak

As a playstation/PC fan I am not ignoring anything.

I fail to see how anyone who isn't invested in the Xbox ecosystem is going to convinced to join.
Thats good. No one should. Since we dont see any indication of day and date for every single game, regardless of my own thoughts, I can easily see why someone would. Because they want to play them day and date on that console. In fact regardless of what I would do if I ran it lol, it is a pretty easy process to imagine.

Gambit2483

Thats good. No one should. Since we dont see any indication of day and date for every single game, regardless of my own thoughts, I can easily see why someone would. Because they want to play them day and date on that console. In fact regardless of what I would do if I ran it lol, it is a pretty easy process to imagine.
Basically. Want to play Hellblade 2 or Indiana Jones day 1 (on console)?

Get an Xbox.

StueyDuck

More than I expected but kind of exactly what I expected.

I've said from day 1 of these rumors that they were never going to come out and just say all games are coming even if one day they will.

Jaybe

Microsoft should've offered something BIG like Forza Horizon 5. The game is already a few years old so it won't get many fresh players on Xbox/PC, but it can on PlayStation, especially since PS doesn't have similar arcade racers. And hey, wanna play Horizon 6 when it comes out in '25/'26? Switch to Xbox/PC and try Game Pass.
Exactly. They say they need growth… and yet port the smallest games they have. No clue what they are doing there.

Last edited:

fallingdove

I don’t know what MS is hoping to prove with these 4 releases. They already have data from Death Loop and Ghostwire Tokyo on how games they have developed perform on the platform.

I wonder if Grounded and Pentiment were added after the backlash because they were titles that Xbox fans wouldn’t care to loose anyway.

Top Bottom