• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4 & PS5 on February 22

Three

There was probably some truth to this rumour

It looks like a cheap indie game which could have been done on the Xbox 360, if not the original Xbox. Is this what is getting people hyped nowadays? I don't understand the appeal.
This thing could probably run on an average mobile phone. I'm actually surprised it hasn't released on mobile yet.

XXL

GG3azGTbcAA7OEM
Cracking Up Lol GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Got good reviews. Not the type of game I’d play now, but looks like a point and click adventure kind of game last time I saw a trailer. If it’s enjoyed by multiplat gamers all the better.

As for some of you above saying why isn’t this a mobile port, I agree. Seems like an easy cheap port develop for for any smartphone gamer. Just shotgun it to iPhone and android and see where it goes.

A mod was kind enough to help me with a thread title update as Pentiment has been announced to arrive on PS5/PS4 as well.
  • Pentiment from Obsidian Entertainment, a truly unique, critically acclaimed, and award-winning narrative adventure game with a striking visual style inspired by history itself will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch on February 22.

Impotaku

They 100% NEED a physical release for this game. Looks like a good game to play on the PS Portal too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I really hope Pentiment is coming to PS4/PS5 and not at a much letter date.

Looks like you got your wish.

Well....there it is.

DJ12

So lets get this straight, sorry if someone has already brought this up.

MS did not plan to announce their plans until spring, yet this game launches tomorrow, and Grounded was outed in the Nintendo direct.

Lets say in a hypothetical world and MS didn't have more leaks than a colander, their actually plan was to release them before saying anything?

What the actual fuck xbros, you mean that little to them?

MS did not plan to announce their plans until spring, yet this game launches tomorrow, and Grounded was outed in the Nintendo direct.

Lets say in a hypothetical world and MS didn't have more leaks than a colander, their actually plan was to release them before saying anything?

All four of these games would have been shadow dropped with no announce by Xbox or Microsoft at all,can't risk upsetting the fanbase.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Such a good point. What is Phil doing?

Filben

Thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm happy more people get to play it. It was an excellent historical game with so many details. A cozy game gameplay-wise but with a great story and attention to (historical) details. I mean, even how the protagonist moves his feet has been done right because people in those kind of shoes walked differently back then.

Fabieter

Maybe the leak was intentional tho.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Careful, this is a slow game, don't try to complete as quickly as possible.

I would say it's perfect for the switch portable nature, but one of the more unique aspects of it is the multiple fonts they use, so simplifying that to be more readable on the switch screen may not be worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom