• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment: 120fps will be enabled for XBOX in the next patch

Update: Looks like The Verge has also picked up the story:

Microsoft’s PS5 version of Pentiment runs better than the Xbox version due to a bug.
Pentiment, previously an Xbox-exclusive game from Microsoft-owned Obsidian Entertainment, launched on PS5 last week running at 120fps. The Xbox version of the game is locked to 60fps, leading to a weird situation where a PS5 version of an Xbox game actually runs better than the Xbox version — even though it’s a 2D game. Thankfully it’s just a bug, so a 120fps mode is coming to Pentiment on Xbox “in the next patch.”

Last edited:

Senua

it%27s-so-smooth-robin-james.gif

Topher

Gold Member

XXL

Draugoth

Gold Member
Last edited:

XXL

People pretending Pentiment doesn't have fucking animations and that a higher frame rate doesn't apply to animations.....is something else.

Topher

Gold Member
It's also unplayable at 120fps if you ask me.

Reminded me of one of those children's popup books where you could move stuff around on the page. Definitely not my thing.

But a lot of folks seemed to like it.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

King Dazzar

Just imagine how much smoother you can read those walls of text at 120fps.

I must be an uncultured buffoon as I noped out of this ‘game’ after 10 minutes, and want every one of those minutes back.
I love the period and history. The art style is great. But my goodness did it bore me. And I should have loved it. Gameplay was just not there for me. So why have I put it on my wishlist again??? There's no learning sometimes...

Oh....so this was legit....

Looks like Draugoth Draugoth has been vindicated. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

In 14 months they have not been able to correct "the error" in the Xbox version but it has been released on PS5 at 120fps... and then if they are going to correct it, it sounds like they are treating Xbox users as second rate.

XXL

lol the insecurity and denial about this, coming from the rats was insane.
like who would care enough to fake this. geez

look! another clown down the drain.

I saw this and was gonna post it earlier.

What a fucking clown.

Everyone claims "these are just plastic boxes" but disregard truth for these "plastic boxes" for the sake of being neutral.
Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

A bug that halves the framerate since 2022?
Exactly ... and its full price on PS5 so it makes sense that it would run best their. Its pretty disappointing that Xbox is using the excuse of Xbox game pass being cheap to deliver lower quality games. If this "bug" wasn't discovered because of PS5 edition would they have even fixed it?

lol the insecurity and denial about this, coming from the rats was insane.
like who would care enough to fake this. geez

look! another clown down the drain.

Looks like they weren't looking forward to doing the comparison.

Digital Foundry: So you see the PS5 version is 120 FPS while the Series X version is 60FPS. We contacted the developers and they told us that Sony paid for the extra framerate. They are still waiting to see if Microsoft will do the same but it will happen eventually.

But seriously I wonder if they will even do a 120 FPS comparison between the two platforms. Don't see how a game like this will dip below that but we will see what happens.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Meanwhile on switch....

I bought it just to support MS's brave new strategy of making games and then selling them. It's bold and innovative and I wanna see more - renting games is so 2020.

Yeah it's slow paced - but I've already played it more than the GP version I dabbled in. Paying for your content seems to drive up engagement...

Last edited:
While 120 fps is irrelevant for this game, I do find it hilarious how internal Xbox studios care more about Playstation experience than Xbox. Imagine releasing a year later a game to another platform with 120 fps, while releasing a bug on Xbox that prevents it from getting 120 fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom